“Pretty Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Mebane, North Carolina
“Pretty Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2008

I thought this was a really nice hotel. The renovations that others mentioned are almost complete, just finishing the coverered car area by the front desk. Rooms were nice, with flat screen tvs. Breakfast was OK, internet worked well, and the staff were good. Location is nice, withing walking distance to a Target and restaurant. The only drawback is that the hotel is kind of hard to find. If are going, print directions, as it is kind of tucked away.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Spokane
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2008

I got my arrival date crossed up with the Manger. She thought Tuesday, I said Wednesday. I didn't get an email to confirm so it was my word against hers. Even though I didn't stay the night my credit card was charged. The Manager (January) was very short and unreasonable with me. Customer service was just as bad; the customer is not right when you work with the Holiday Inn Folks! I suggest you stay at the Fairfield by Marriot or the Oxford Inn when in Yakima; I will in the future.

Stayed January 2008
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2008

Property was being remodeled during my stay. Even so, I had no problems with noise. Rooms were decent, clean, and safe, and included hairdryer, small frig, and microwave. My only complaint with the room was if you turned the water on full blast at the sink, there was splash-back from the angle of the water hitting the stopper (it went all over the counter). Other than that, I had a great stay. The front desk clerk gave me good directions to restaurants and nearby stores. Even though the front lobby was being remodeled, breakfast was available each day.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
now
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2007

You know what you're going to get with a HIE - comfy beds, toiletries that smell kindof like a lemon vanilla cookie and decent rooms with fridges and microwaves. Nice pool at this location. Good location with a Target close by and close access to the bike trail/walking trail that goes along the river. The surprise at this HIE is that even though I booked on line and fully disclosed the number of people in our room, the front desk tacked on a $10 charge because we had 2 adults and 2 kids in a room with 2 queen beds. Huh? And the minion at the front desk acted as if she was completely unempowered to make it right. Book this one by calling the hotel directly.

Stayed September 2007
Custer, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

First of all...we had intended to fly to Portland, but the flights were full, so I called Holdiay Inn Express In Yakima the night before and the hotel clerk was so very helpful....I wanted to use my points, but priority club was not open, but he checked for a room and told me they would have one clean and reay for us in the morning! Most hotels woudl make you wait for a check-in time, but they weren't very full yet, and we got there and we were in our room by 10:00 in the morning. Very professional, courteous staff, and the rooms and the grounds were very clean. Also, we noticed security patroled the hotel area at night. The pool was great and the hotel clerk was helpful gving us directions.
All I can say is that it was a nice experience...there is a Target walking disntace and a liquor store close by and the room had a fridge and microwave.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Seattle WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2007

It's not the Ritz, but a good solid value. Clean, comfortable, breakfast as expected at HIE. I don't know where many of the others who have written reviews stayed! My only recommendation is to stay away from rooms just over the exit on the 1st floor. It's where the smokers congregate and if cigarette smoke bothers you it will get in your room.

• Liked — Price, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Smokers
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Denmark, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2007

We've been staying at hotels in Yakima frequently this past year, and have always unsatisfied with the hotel experience. Two weeks ago we tried the holiday inn express for the first time and finally felt we had found a great place we can keep coming back to. Everything was of good quality from the wireless service, to the bed (none of those yucky hotel comforters), to the showers, the pool, and breakfast. We even extended our stay another night & usually we're counting the hours until we can be home again. I'd recommend this to a friend.

Stayed March 2007

Been to Holiday Inn Express Yakima? Share your experiences!