The day we arrived in Yakima, it was 107 degrees. The room a/c cooled the room off very nicely without a lot of extra noise. The room was very clean, and the bed in the king suite was very comfortable. The wifi worked very well and was fast and easy to use. The breakfast on each of four days we ate there was good, and the staff kept it restocked.
During the days, I saw the cleaning staff working constantly. They obviously take pride in their work! Staff was friendly, too.
On weeknights, the hotel served soup at 6:30 p.m., and cookies and milk at 7:00 p.m., which we enjoyed several times.
My only complaint was a small issue with the bathroom floor: the tiles/flooring were very squeaky when we walked on them, as if the underlayment beneath them had not been installed properly. The faucet on the shower had also been broken, and had been "temporarily" fixed by driving a screw into it, which made it more difficult to use. With the record-breaking heat the week of July 4, the hallway on the 4th floor was incredibly hot, even with the a/c working (though my room stayed cool).
We stayed on the 4th floor, and it was very quiet, though I'm guessing the squeaky floor could probably be heard by the room below us.
TIP: Stay on the 4th floor.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Yakima Hotel Yakima
- Holiday Inn Express Yakima Hotel
- Holiday Inn Yakima
- Yakima Holiday Inn Express
- Yakima Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Yakima Hotel!Ideally located near the heart of downtown Yakima, we are just one block from the Yakima Convention Center, with quick freeway access. The Holiday Inn Express Yakima is your 'Gateway to Wine Country', with numerous local wineries to choose from throughout our Valley.While staying at the Holiday Inn Express Yakima Hotel, you will enjoy our complimentary, expanded deluxe continental breakfast, featuring hot and cold food selections, such as omelets, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruits, cereals, and of course, our famous cinnamon rolls!This Yakima hotel will help maintain your exercise regime in our fitness center. Swim year round in our indoor pool or relax in our hot tub.Whether you are staying with us for business, pleasure, or both, you will find our free, wireless, high-speed Internet access convenient for any situation.Attractions near hotel: Yakima Convention Center, Yakima Valley Wineries, Yakima Sundome, Apple Tree Golf Course and the Seasons Performance Hall.The Holiday Inn Express Yakima. Stay Smart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Yakima reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.