“Great Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 25 hotels in Yakima
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean and the service good. The breakfast buffet is great. There is a wonderful selection and a good sized breakfast room. Our room on the first floor had a sliding door to the outside which was nice. Comfortable beds, nice toiletries and reasonable towels. We found the in room frig very convenient.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kerikeri, Northland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We loved this hotel in Yakima. Friendly staff! Great breakfast with French Toast and cinnamon rolls as well as a nice selection of other breakfast items.Very clean and quiet. Nice size pool with a hot tub and a small pool for little kids - and a patio just outside the pool doors. Exercise room with a bike, a treadmill, and an elliptical machine.
The room was spacious with extra pillows and a comforter on the closet shelf, easy internet access, large desk, good sized refrigerator, and a microwave.
I read some other reviews just before writing this and they were not very positive. I have to assume some significant improvements have been made since they were written because I found it quite lovely.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rainier, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

When traveling for business I usually stay at HIE or Best Western. This is my first time at this particular HIE and I was really impressed. My room was one of the nicest I've seen at a HIE and included crown moulding. Everything was very clean and well kept and the bed and pillows were comfortable. I noticed that others on TA complained about the shabbiness of the hotel so I must have gotten a renovated room. I appreciated the little basket of goodies that was waiting for me in my room as I had traveled for hours and was very hungry. The only problem I had was with the showerhead, I could not get it to set to a comfortable setting; it was either set so that the spray literally felt like needles or a setting so strong I thought it would rip out my hair (no kidding) or it poured out like a faucet, straight down so I'd have to practically hug the shower wall to get under the water. Another issue I had (nothing to do with HIE) were the Google directions, the streets I was instructed to turn on supposedly bisected the main drag but in actuality they were not through streets. After going up and down the strip several times without being able to find the streets I finally called HIE and they gave me the correct directions. Just a cautionary tip for those of you who use Google maps.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The staff members I encountered were typical of a Holiday Inn Express; however the facility is below Holiday Inn standards. Carpet is worn out with visible dark pathways that likely could not be cleaned out, yellow stains on walls around the toilet, presumably from urine splatter, repairs made with inappropriate hardware and such. The building maintenance is clearly amateurish and neglected while the overall building construction is cheap; it reminds you of a mobile home with the plastic tub surrounds. You will hear every little noise as sound deadening appears absent within the building.
The facility condition is what you expect from a neglected budget hotel and is definitely not up to Holiday Inn standards. Clearly this property is not worthy of an IHG brand name. If you appreciate Holiday Inn quality, then avoid this property until they refurbish.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yakima, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear BAMGEG,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the conditions of the room prevented you from being fully able to enjoy your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were in town for a conference at the Howard Johnson but they were booked so we stayed across the street at the Holiday Inn Express. The lobby looked nice & the front desk was nice. The rooms were a little old but I can handle that if they are CLEAN. The two problems I really had was 1. the rooms where so hot & I'm usually always cold. You had to sleep with the very loud air conditioner on high to even get it to a comfortable temp. 2. There was a dance team staying at the hotel in which they ran up & down the hallway until after 11pm laughing, shouting, slamming doors etc... I'm sure the hotel staff could hear them since we were all just down the hallway from the front desk.
Breakfast was pretty good!

Room Tip: Top floor. We were on the 1st floor & you could hear every step from the person above you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yakima, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear NorthDakotaBound,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and for the room conditions that did not meet your expectations. The issues you have raised about the air conditioner will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Buckley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times before and keep coming back when I am here.

The room was clean and staff was great. I was acknowledged as a IHG member the check in was quick. At some of the Holiday Inn Expresses I am upgraded because I am a platnum member. I don't know if this hotel dose not do that or not but either way, I will stand by this hotel and keep coming back because I know what to expect and have always had a constant clean room and nice staff.

The heating system works great and plenty of hot water for the shower. parking in the front can be a pain in the evening. But there is parking behind the building. Plenty of places to eat near by and things to do just a short drive away.

Room Tip: For you smokers, I observed the rooms on the back bottom floor had sliding glass doors out the back...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I just stayed at the Yakima Holiday Inn Express for two nights and found it to be clean and comfortable.
There's a Bobs Burger and Brew within walking distance and a Target store right next door. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express Yakima? Share your experiences!