“Nice - no complaints.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Vancouver, Washington
“Nice - no complaints.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed here for a business trip and had a decent stay. Yakima - middle of the state and always sunny.

Arrival: our arrival was as expected - easy access off the highway - close to the conference center, grounds kept up nicely. Front desk staff were friendly and efficient. Check in was easy and quick.

Room: I have noticed that when I first enter a hotel room - it's like waiting for the dice to roll. Luckily we were in the company of the good spirits today. Our room was clean, ready, comfortable temperature and overall nice. Beds were comfortable, nice fridge and microwave. The bathroom made us wonder if there was a fan - but it must be ultra quiet and on with the light as we never heard but the bathroom never steamed up on us as if there was not a fan. I overall have NO complaints with the room.

Extras: nice pool/hot tub area -pool water was great temperature but we never made it down there after the first day when only my feet made it in.We used the patio to get some work done. Saw that the exercise room was popular but never checked it out. There is a business room in the lobby but we didn't need it so I can not respond on that. We never had an issue with the wifi - we were able to utilize every time we tried.

Breakfast: I love hotels that include breakfast. This was not a disappointment - decent selection - not huge but enough. Maintained throughout the morning and never ran out of supplies.

Staff: friendly - all through my stay all my encounters were great - gave directions to Starbucks on the way to the Arboretum where we would be spending our work time.

I smelled cookies in the afternoon and saw a basket on the counter - but I have no clue if there were actual cookies regularly in the afternoon or not - Check in staff never mentioned but the smell and the basket made me wonder.

Check out was quick and painless. Overall I was very comfortable and would return with my family and I had a choice of my hotels.

Room Tip: The hotel main level is actually level 2 on one end it is ground level and on the other end there is...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ft Lewis, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I canceled my reservation and never made it to the HIE due to the horrible over the phone customer service. Miles, the receptionist, should attend training on how to conduct business over the phone. He failed to email my confirmation TWICE and nothing about his attitude sold me on staying at the HIE. I'm taking my business and my money to Ledgestone!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yakima, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Dear ArmyStrong98433,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you soon.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Edmonds, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

Not a five star luxury, but a great stay. The bed was comfy, the breakfast dependably decent. This particular hotel has a machine that makes you a pancake while you wait- better than the messy waffle makers. ;-)

• Stayed May 2012
Raymond
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

By far the worst experience I have ever had at a HI Express. I have been loyal to them for a long time both for business and pleasure, but after my experience this week I will definately think twice. I will NEVER stay at this one.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yakima, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear coastlgrl,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Vancouver, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I am pleased to write a review on behalf of the Holiday Inn Express in Yakima, Washington. I called the hotel direct to see if I could reserve a block of rooms for our soccer team at a discounted price. The gal that worked with me; her name is Brittany. She exceeded my expectations. There was no hesitation in providing a block room discount. The rooms were on the same floor which makes it easy to keep the players corralled at the hotel. She was very helpful to insure I understood my responsibility of cancelling a room if all rooms were not booked.

Upon arrival/check-in, Brittany was working the front desk. She checked us in with ease. She also noted to me; she doubled check my reservation earlier in the day to insure I followed through on canelling the extra rooms that were not booked so I wouldn't have to pay additional room fees. Thank you Brittany!!!

Another bright spot about Brittany that amazed me is her work ethics. The next morning I was having their continental breakfast. The breakfast line was set up by the graveyard shift employee and she did a good job setting up the breakfast line. The line was very eye applealing. Now here's the notewothy part; the graveyard shift employee was laxed about maintaining the line. As Brittany reported to work, she immediately took charge and restocked the breakfast items in a short period of time. She also removed the full garbage cans. She spruced up the breakfast line. At one point during my breakfast, I saw Brittany mopping the floor in their breakfast prep room. By the way, at the same time she still had her front desk responsibilities. To Mr. Luis E. Gutierrez, the General Manager of the hotel and corporate of Holdiay Inn Express; you are blessed to have an excellent individual working for you. Brittany is worthy of your praise and investment.

The hotel itself, the rooms were clean and I saw no issues with the carpet (dirty feet). The beds are beds, my family had no issues with them. My wife liked how the bathroom/shower room was seperate from the wash basin. The apperance of the rooms, lobby, hallways, and general apperance of the hotel inside/outside had clean and modern look. The hotel is somewhat aged, thin walls and floor creaks for the noise factor. But then it's not different from other hotels that I've stayed in.

I am spoiled to a good breakfast. Their continental breakfast is par which is based on similar continental breakfasts at other hotels. The food that needed to be hot was hot and the food that needed to be cold was cold. In addition, the food was fresh. I have no complaints.

The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub. The pool was comfortably warm and the hot tub was perfectly hot. In addition, they have a little tots pool for little ones. You don't see that often in a hotel. The noteworthy part here, the pool, the tots pool, and the hot tub is well maintained. I say that because I used to run swimming pools for a living. The chlorine levels were good.

Even though it's somewhat expensive to stay here, I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Eastern OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We've spent several nights here over the past four years. The staff is helpful, friendly beyond the very good customer service, with personality. The rooms are clean, the building and grounds are well kept. It is pricy but pretty consistent for the chain.

Room Tip: We've not had a bad one.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Olympia, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

After a very long day of travel and work, it was so wonderful to check in to this great hotel. The last couple of times I've been in Yakima, I stayed at the Oxford Suites and Oxford Inn. I had forgotten how wonderful this Holiday Inn Express is. It's older, but don't let that discourage you! It's clean and the staff are very friendly - which is rare in hotels these days!

During the week, they offer a Crockpot of yummy soup for guests. I think it was Chicken Gumbo the night I stayed...it was good whatever it was! Then, before retiring to my room for the night, the very nice desk clerk put out fresh chocolate chip cookies with milk. I can't remember the last time I went to bed with cookies and milk, but it was certainly when I was still living with my parents...oh the memories...

I wish all the hotels on my travels were this well ran. I'll be back next time I'm in Yakima!

PS - This is a dog-friendly hotel. I stayed here many years back with my medium sized dog and it was a good experience (hotels and dogs can be hit or miss.)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Yakima? Share your experiences!