“Always comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Eastern OR
“Always comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We've spent several nights here over the past four years. The staff is helpful, friendly beyond the very good customer service, with personality. The rooms are clean, the building and grounds are well kept. It is pricy but pretty consistent for the chain.

Room Tip: We've not had a bad one.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Olympia, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

After a very long day of travel and work, it was so wonderful to check in to this great hotel. The last couple of times I've been in Yakima, I stayed at the Oxford Suites and Oxford Inn. I had forgotten how wonderful this Holiday Inn Express is. It's older, but don't let that discourage you! It's clean and the staff are very friendly - which is rare in hotels these days!

During the week, they offer a Crockpot of yummy soup for guests. I think it was Chicken Gumbo the night I stayed...it was good whatever it was! Then, before retiring to my room for the night, the very nice desk clerk put out fresh chocolate chip cookies with milk. I can't remember the last time I went to bed with cookies and milk, but it was certainly when I was still living with my parents...oh the memories...

I wish all the hotels on my travels were this well ran. I'll be back next time I'm in Yakima!

PS - This is a dog-friendly hotel. I stayed here many years back with my medium sized dog and it was a good experience (hotels and dogs can be hit or miss.)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

This is by far one of THE best HIE we have stayed at. The lady at the front desk, Lora, was friendly and exceptionally helpful and friendly. The room was clean, the bedding was fresh and the internet service was excellent. The breakfast was wonderful, warm for those who wanted warm and cold for those who wanted cold and everything was well prepared. We received a small gift on arrival, just some munchies but it made a difference. Lora was kind enough to provide us with a number to order food for delivery as well as a coupon for discount too. This to me is 'going the extra mile'. I do commend Lora on the service she provided - she certainly is an asset to this HIE. We had our small dog with us and this was no problem at all. Overall an excellent experience and I would certainly go back again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Spokane Valley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011 via mobile

Everything I love about HIE. The outstanding feature was their delightfully warm pool. Fabulous!

• Stayed October 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011 via mobile

1st floor is for the pets and room smelled like it! Reassigned room better but the kid checking in does not need to be there! If you live in holiday inn 4 nights a week on average they usually upgrade room, give gifts, and non of this happened so I would choose the Hilton or Fairfield Marriot if I return!

• Stayed September 2011
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nice clean hotel, great bed and a nice breakfast all for a decent price. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Red Deer, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Stayed overnight at this location, not a bad room but nothing special. Breakfast was marginal and staff were late getting things out. Breakfast started at 6 but everything wasn't stocked until close to 7. Remote for TV didn't work, when phone front desk I was told that the batteries were probably just dead but they didn't have any more. Was informed that there was a store down the street where I could buy some if I wanted. WRONG ANSWER!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Yakima? Share your experiences!