The only confusing thing is the Oxford Suites is located almost immediately next door to the Oxford Inn. I have no idea what the difference is between the two or why the two similarly-shaped buildings are so close to each other, but on a business trip my boss and colleagues ended up at the Inn while I stayed at the Suites.
The entryway is impressive, with big marbled columns, lavish decor, overstuffed furniture, and an amazing array of decorative ceiling fans...not what you'd expect for a hotel in Yakima (and trust me, I've stayed in more than a few). But on top of that, the staff was very friendly and helpful in a way that stood apart from other employees at other hotels. These folks seemed like a good team that cared about the comfort of their guests, and it showed.
An unexpected added bonus was the free breakfast coupon and free beverage coupon I got upon check-in...adult beverages included. What a perk! The lounge was nice and clean, the bartender friendly and attentive and the beverage selection included local microbrews.
The room itself stood apart from any other hotel I'd stayed at. It was clean, modern and impressively spacious. In addition, there was a balcony with two chairs and a wonderful view of the Yakima River. At that point, I was sold.
There is also a very nice jogging trail that runs along the river immediately behind the hotel.
At one point early in the morning, I heard a dog yapping incessantly several rooms down. Other than that, the hotel was very quiet and peaceful. I only wish I could have stayed there a few more days.
Two days after checkout, I realized I had left my cell phone charger in their room. I called, they looked, found it and offered to ship it to me. Since I was headed back through Yakima later in the week it wasn't necessary, and when I stopped by to pick it up they were once again friendly and customer-oriented.
This is a real hidden gem for mid-price range travelers who have to stay in Yakima.
- Also Known As:
- Oxford Suites Yakima Hotel
- Oxford Suites Yakima Hotel Yakima
- Oxford Hotel Yakima
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceptional has never been so affordable! Located on the banks of the beautiful Yakima River and footsteps from the Yakima Greenway Path, the Oxford Suites Yakima is just minutes away from the Yakima Valley Convention Center, Legends Casino, Yakima SunDome, Capitol Theatre and breathtaking wine country. Complimentary amenities include Full Hot Breakfast Buffet, Evening Reception, High Speed Wi-Fi, Parking, Indoor Pool, Spa & Fitness Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Oxford Suites Yakima reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.