“I'll never stay anywhere else in Yakima” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% Off - Book Direct
Ranked #1 of 25 hotels in Yakima
Lacey, Washington
“I'll never stay anywhere else in Yakima”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The only confusing thing is the Oxford Suites is located almost immediately next door to the Oxford Inn. I have no idea what the difference is between the two or why the two similarly-shaped buildings are so close to each other, but on a business trip my boss and colleagues ended up at the Inn while I stayed at the Suites.

The entryway is impressive, with big marbled columns, lavish decor, overstuffed furniture, and an amazing array of decorative ceiling fans...not what you'd expect for a hotel in Yakima (and trust me, I've stayed in more than a few). But on top of that, the staff was very friendly and helpful in a way that stood apart from other employees at other hotels. These folks seemed like a good team that cared about the comfort of their guests, and it showed.

An unexpected added bonus was the free breakfast coupon and free beverage coupon I got upon check-in...adult beverages included. What a perk! The lounge was nice and clean, the bartender friendly and attentive and the beverage selection included local microbrews.

The room itself stood apart from any other hotel I'd stayed at. It was clean, modern and impressively spacious. In addition, there was a balcony with two chairs and a wonderful view of the Yakima River. At that point, I was sold.

There is also a very nice jogging trail that runs along the river immediately behind the hotel.

At one point early in the morning, I heard a dog yapping incessantly several rooms down. Other than that, the hotel was very quiet and peaceful. I only wish I could have stayed there a few more days.

Two days after checkout, I realized I had left my cell phone charger in their room. I called, they looked, found it and offered to ship it to me. Since I was headed back through Yakima later in the week it wasn't necessary, and when I stopped by to pick it up they were once again friendly and customer-oriented.

This is a real hidden gem for mid-price range travelers who have to stay in Yakima.

Room Tip: There are four floors, and the higher up you are the better the view of the Yakima River.

209 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Fox Island, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Whenever I travel to Yakima, I staying here at the Oxford Suites. They always have a light snack available in the evening and a very nice hot breakfast in the morning. The rooms are very nice, clean, and quiet. Internet works great. I get a lot of work done. I love the view of the Yakima River and walking along it. America's Largest retailer is only 500 yards away so I can walk there if I need anything.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Floor. WIFI seems to be good all over.
Renton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We are in Yakima for a Kiwanis event and one of the members provided us a room at the Oxford Suites. We have stayed at one other Oxford Suites and enjoyed it, this one in Yakima did not disappoint. Check in was fast, the hotel common area's are clean as well as the room. We got upgraded to the Riverside Suite, very nice room on the 4th floor. The Bistro, open from 5PM to 10PM was very nice. They provide you with 2 free drink coupons per person, wine, beer and soda pop. They have a limited full bar but with some good choices for anyone. If you are staying in Yakima visit the Oxford Suites, the General Manager is a Kiwanian and she and her staff will make you feel welcome. Thank you Penny.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here on our way from Austin to Seattle. The hotel is older, but they keep it very clean. The guy who checked us in was incredibly nice and helpful. The other staff we encountered were nice as well. This hotel offers complimentary drinks and soup / salad in the late afternoon, which is nice. The breakfast was pretty good as well. We took a room on the top floor with a river view, which I certainly suggest. It was cool that night, so we left the door open and could only hear the sounds of water! It was relaxing, and we made good use of the balcony as well. The beds were comfortable. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This motel has a convenient location close to I-82, the city center, and the outstanding Yakima Arboretum, where one can walk or jog through pleasant grounds and visit an excellent nature center and Japanese Garden. All rooms look over the Yakima River on the back of the building, with each having a small balcony. Our room had a refrigerator, microwave, and large-screen TV (with no operating HD channels yet), and was comfortable and clean. Coupons are provided guests for evening wine or beer; and one can get free soup and salad as well, though Yakima now has several fine restaurants. There is a small dining room and bar on-site, though menu offerings are limited. The breakfast that is part of the room cost is very good, with lots of choice of both hot and cold food, and excellent coffee. The front desk personnel are very helpful. Otherwise, the inside decor is getting dated, and the elevator makes some rather unsettling noises. Overall a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room higher up for a better view of the river and surrounding hills.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sammamish, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed one night and had a good experience. Pros: Suite was spacious, bed was comfortable, breakfast had many options, the outdoor patio by the river was nice, as was the river view and trail. Cons: I didn't find them to be friendly, with the exception of the front desk employee at check in. Also, as a warning, we locked our bikes on our car, and didn't think to remove our bike seat packs, or bike pumps. In the morning they were gone, along with some nice tools. However, we would stay there again.

Room Tip: If possible request a room on the top floor. We were on the 3rd floor and heard people walking abov...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sallinas, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was my third time staying at the Oxford Suites. Great place, friendly and helpful staff and comfortable rooms. The Suites is also pet friendly, so I brought my little dog with me. Great to walk along the Yakima River Walk which is adjacent to the property. Took full advantage of the morning breakfast and cocktails in the evening. Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Oxford Suites Yakima? Share your experiences!