“BEST customer service I've EVER HAD” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book Direct - Save 10%
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Mill Creek, WA
“BEST customer service I've EVER HAD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I'd like to extend my heartfelt thanks to Monica, Joce, and Savannah at the Yakima Oxford Suites. I arrived as a last minute unexpected guest tonight with a very ill 7 year old. Between the time I checked in, and got my kids out of the car and had them in the lobby, Monica and Joce had a care package of 4 beverages, a bag full of saltine crackers, a few rolls, plastic bags, latex gloves, detergent, fabric softener, AND $2 in quarters for any necessary laundry!!!!!!!!!! I was assisted down to my room. Before I even had all of my stuff in my room, Savannah the room keeper was at my door, with extra bedding and towels, and extended a warm and heartfelt offer to help if I needed anything.

I've stayed at hotels all over the world. I've NEVER....EVER experienced such exemplary customer service as I have at this hotel. This staff deserves HUGE recognition for their outstanding efforts and attitudes in their proactive and personable service.

Monica, Joce, Savannah - Many thanks from me and the boys. I'll recommend this hotel to anyone I know traveling to Yakima. And if I have the need to come back, Oxsford Suites Yakima will be the first hotel I call. The manager should feel very lucky that these ladies have chosen this hotel as their place of employment. They just scored many points with me. And by the reviews from other guests, I see I'm not the only one that has appreciated and enjoyed their stay here.

VERY SINCERELY,

Jennifer Lipper

Room Tip: I was given a room on the river side. It was gorgeous!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Oxford Suites Yakima is an older property, but clean and in good repair. The marquee reads "The only thing we overlook is the river," and that sums it up pretty well. The staff was friendly, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast complimentary, and, a short walk up the Greenway Trail, El Mirador restaurant serves good Mexican food indoors and out (by the river). Minutes by car to downtown.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Redmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend for an in town wedding. Easy to find location but not within walking distance to restaurants or shops. Had a nice room with a view of the river. Air conditioning was a must as temp over 100 degrees. Towels were flimsy and elevators old and slow. Had a DVD player in the room and you can rent dvd at the front desk. Nice touch. TV was way too small. Nice fridge and microwave and coffee maker. On check in got free drinks and vouchers for breakfast, nice surprise. My kids used the pool and the bottom of the pool sliced open his foot due to the rough ground. Breakfast was great and had a lot of variety. Bar was great and free drinks! Above ground parking. Close to Walmart incase you forget anything!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sammamish, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Pros:

1. Great location - the river trail is right behind the hotel, and it is beautiful. There are stores, restaurants, a mall, and the visitor's center close by. Access to I-82 is quick too.
2. Great staff and amenities - staff is very helpful, the breakfast is good, the complimentary drinks, soup and salad in the evenings is nice
3. Comfortable rooms - Rooms are quite decent, clean and comfortable

Cons:

1. Not very spacious - the suite wasn't spacious at all, so not ideal if travelling with kids, but quite OK for couples.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Spokane, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel has a great location with nice views of the Yakima River. The staff was very good. The beds and bedding seemed to be near new, but the rooms are in bad need of updating. Moldings are loose, furniture worn and "dinged", paint faded, etc. Also, the entire property is in bad need of a cleaning. The parking lot is filthy, windows need washed, carpets need replaced. Hopefully, management will spend some money to clean and update.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Yakima, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing your observations. Because we diligently monitor our grounds and routinely update our hotel, we would be most grateful if you would consider calling our General Manager, Penny Baker, at 800.404.7848 to identify the specific location of the issues you observed. We want each of our guests to thoroughly enjoy their stay. If you stay with us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us immediately and we will be more than happy to address the concern, where possible. We appreciate your comments and hope that we can serve your lodging needs in the future.
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Nice, comfy rooms with decks overlooking the river. Hot breakfast and Happy hour (two wine or beers) included. Free Wi-Fi. The staff was courteous and helpful. Easy freeway access is easy to get to any part of town. What more would you need?

Room Tip: Better views of the river on the third and fourth floors.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Electric City, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed here recently for our anniversary as we have family close by but wanted a night to ourselves. The hotel was very nice, hotel attendants were helpful and friendly and courteous. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub/whirlpool. It has such a nice view of the Yakima river. The breakfast was good and filling. And most important of all....the bed was very comfortable! And it was quiet. All the rooms face the river so there was no traffic noise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Oxford Suites Yakima? Share your experiences!