“Worst Hotel Ever” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
seattle
“Worst Hotel Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

Reservations - no one in office could speak English. I had to talk slow and spell everything out. I was told check-in was at 3p, but if I decide to come early let them know. I called early, checked in about 4p and the rooms were not ready. They said, it would be ready in 45 minutes. I drove 3 hours to this hotel and now I need to wait another 45 minutes.

Staff Service - the worst. They all had mad looks on their face. They wouldnt speak when spoken to. The manager (Tiara) is the rudest mother f___r. I think Motel6 or Rathole Motel would have better service then they did.

Rooms - smell like smoke. smell old. raggedy towels with rust and holes that you would use to wash your car with. Bed sheets had blood stains. Bed is hard as a rock. Shower stall with dirty and tub calking/walls were not professionally done. Visible holes in wall under sink. Heater panel was coming off the wall. No iron in room. Cots cost an extra $10 (cash). Picture frames were cracked. Water from shower was rusty brown. Windows/walls are paper thin -- you can hear every car drive by and everyone in the hallway.

Pool/Jacuzzi - jacuzzi was not working (no water). Pool area was put together by some first time handyman with curtain from the 50's.

Lobby - looks like a livingroom. No public restrooms in lobby area. You need to go to your room to use one.

No elevator. Sucks for you if you have heavy luggage, in a wheelchair, carrying groceries, or baby stroller. Start walking up the stairs or stay on the 1st floor (smoking rooms).

Free wifi, internet. Well, yes it was free, but good luck using it. They only had 1 computer in the lobby in front of everyone, no privacy and kids were always on it.

Finally. If it sounds too good to be true. It is. We were there for a statewide girls basketball tournament. When I called over 5 hotels, they were booked and/or prices started at $120/night. Econolodge was $55/night. I should have thought something was funny when hotels across the street were charging almost double. It also didn't help that they took the best pics in the hotel -- no 360 views.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
dante012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

after waiting for service a lady came down from upstairs, not even acknowledging us and goes to the pool area and starts yelling at someone in a foreign language, then turns to us and snaps, "He's coming." A small gentleman comes out from the pool area and goes to the desk and is very short and quick with us. I had to repeat everything... "yes I have a reservation, yes I have a credit card, yes, yes YES!! He was very rude. The room was small but I didn't expect much for the price but the renovation project was a bust. The pool was not inservice which I was not informed during my initial reservation process either. Heat was very slow to come on. we were placed next to the room where the construction crew was so they were in and out all day and night. The coffee was think as mud. Internet was done the enitre time there. Worst thing was there was blood on the bathroom floor and wall which was hidden by a garage can!!! All in all the is only one thing a 50 dollar hotel is good for and it ain't a family vacation! ChoiceHotels should reconsider this as place as part of their group.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Michael_Forde1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

This is the first time I have ever stayed in Econo Lodge, it was actualy nice and quite. The rooms were very clean and everything worked (fast WI-FI), even the service was nice. It look like the motel has been through renovation, since everything looked new inside. I would recommend staying here for the night.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

The desk clerk was rude and unhelpful. The hotel had a huge sign outside that advertised their wireless internet services yet according to the clerk they have problems quite frequently with the internet. We were instructed to come "up front" and use the internet from there. When I tried that, the wireless connection that I was able to connect to was for the Clarion hotel next door. The hotel, even though it was supposed to have been redone recently and is a non-smoking facility, smelled heavily of smoke. The room was stuffy so we tried the air conditioner - it smelled heavily of smoke so we turned it off immediately. We tried to open the window - it freely opened because it had no lock on it whatsoever (no latch, no piece of wood). Not a wonderful feeling beings as how this was a ground level room. Our experience was horrible and I highly recommend you stay most anywhere else. We left and went to the Clarion and had an absolute wonderful stay!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Portland,OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

It was cheap. I expected a little more than I got though. Like, a phone that worked and actually had a phone number on it; a fire exit map that had my room marked on it; a pencil and a pad of paper to write on; a traveller's brochure that wasn't 4 months out of date; an employee who apparently resented being asked for more waffle batter, and more OJ, when both were totally empty.

My room, in contrast to some of the reviews I've now read, was fairly clean. The towels were white, the floors were mopped, the sheets clean, and the AC worked.

The parking lot was littered with trash. There was only one entrance/exit we could use, the other being a "fire door, alarm will sound" exit. No one was ever actually at the desk when I went by, always had to ding the bell to get anything.

Yakima is a very hospitable city, friendly, helpful, sunny. These folks apparently don't realize they're part of Yakima!

Motel 6 almost directly across the street, almost same price, will get my business the next time.

• Liked — the price, a poor reason!
  • Disliked — the attitude of the staff, like I was imposing on their day by being there
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Spokane
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2008

I stayed at the Econologe a day ago and the pictures they gave to priceline make it look nice. There was a strong stench in the lobby of cabbage, the pool looked dirty and the desk lady was rude. Then we went to our rooms, and the floor was so dirty places of the "BROWN" carpet were black. I went to shut the door and the lock had been broken Off! We put our stuff down and started laughing, the bed was sticky and slopply made.,The Tv hardly worked, The tub was stained and their was no screen on the window. I looked out the window and had a lovely view of an ally and garbage cans. It was filthy!!! So we tried to call down to the office and ask for a refund but the phone diddnt even work, plus it was stolen from a Double Tree in Seattle. So we went down stairs and they told us no refunds, so we left and went to a motel 6 down the road. Let me tell you it was clean, smelled good, and diddnt smell of cabbage.
SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!
Stay at the Red Lion hotel, or Oxford suites!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — It was dirty!!!!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
seattle, wa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2008

I booked this place through Priceline.com (this is no fault of theirs) and the pictures that are posted for this hotel on the website are very misleading. It shows a modern, clean lobby area and one picture of a clean looking room. When I checked in, I was hesitate already because of the condition of the parking lot and immediate area around the Econolodge. It was very bare and a little rundown looking. But I had trouble finding any other place due to a basketball convention in town. I went into the lobby and this was indeed what I saw on the website, so I decided to continue checking in. Upon checking in, the woman behind the counter charged me for the room at that time rather than at check-out, like most hotels. I thought that was unusual, but may help guests later when checking out. I proceeded to my room through the lobby and down a hallway. As soon as I left the lobby area, the hotel was dark and the carpet was stained and dirty looking. The paint on the walls was yellowed with age and dirty from handprints, etc. Going down the hall to my room, I noticed the doors of the rooms looked scarred and scratched. When I went into my room, I was shocked. I realize that for the price it will not be five star accomidations, but this was well below one star. I would rather sleep in my car. I stood in the middle of the room, afraid to touch anything. The bedspread was old looking, the walls were extremely dirty and the paint was discolored. There were also cracks in the walls around the windows and ceiling and the curtains were so bare in spots, that the outside light from the sun was shining through even though they were closed tight. There was a gap in the wall were the AC unit was placed. The gap was large enough for me to peer through to the parking lot outside. There were cobwebs in the corner and in the dirty, yellow lampshade on the nightstand. The bathroom sink was rusted around the stopper and the shower had vinyl on the wall. The toilet didn't even work!! I went to the desk clerk to let them know that it didn't work and she seemed to know exactly what was wrong with it, almost as if this was a common occurence. She didn't even offer a different room or a discount. Needless to say, I did not stay there, but was charged anyway because I was told it was too late for a maid to come in and reset the room for a new guest. It looked like a maid hadn't even cleaned except for the made bed. I absolutely do not reccommend this place and warn anyone who may be making reservations there or any other Econolodge, if this is how they do business. I am very disappointed and will never choose a EconoLodge again.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Economy Inn? Share your experiences!