“Look somewhere else!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
LITITZ
“Look somewhere else!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Run! This is one nasty hotel. My daughter and I had stayed at an Econo Lodge in Portland Oregon a few nights before, and for the cost it was still a nice, clean hotel. It also had a very nice self serve breakfast bar. The Econo Lodge in Yakima was a DISASTER! Dirty (I had long hairs on my pillow. ugh!), gross, unclean bathroom, a lamp with the light bulb hanging over. We weren't expecting anything high end, but even for the price it was downright nasty. Compared to the breakfast in Portland, this was a joke. A bag of bread and the crumbs of Fruit Loops. There was no coffee and no one around to ask to make any. Do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to stay. I'm just happy we didn't pick up any bugs from this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
East Wenatchee, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

WOW !! Stayed in many hotels in my life but this one takes the awful prize! When we checked in they had us down for staying 12 nights when it was only 2...they swiped my credit card first before they said ,"Oh you are not staying 12 nights" So on my credit card there is a hold for over $500. They swiped my card again for just my portion of the stay plus 20% hotels hold till you check out. Argued with the man at the front desk that spoke the best of broken english that night ~the next morning(check out) and then again later in afternoon. Got my credit card person on the line with them and they tried explaining that he needed to release the 2nd hold and all the hotel man could say" trust me it will all go away tomorrow" WELL its tomorrow still have over a $500 hold but 2nd hold did turn into my portion of the stay .Credit card co says it will remain there for 30 days unless they reverse it. No one speaks or understands good enough english to get them to understand. If I wanted to save over $500 for 30 days I would have opened a savings acct. The lobby stinks like rotten something...the beds are like sleeping on card board....there is drug and prostitution in and around hotel...the pictures on internet are of some other Econolodge... there was more than one person in the lobby that morning at check out with complaints or extra charges....SO watch out for these con artists!!!!! BEWARE...IF YOU STAY THERE ONLY USE CASH!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Aberdeen, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

Second and last time we will ever stay there. Person who checked us in did not understand me his english was very limited. Room stunk and was not that clean. Curtain did not shut all the way leaving no privacy. Bed like sleeping on a board. Had noisy neighbors at night when complained the person at front desk was rude. Nothing to eat or drink for their breakfast. Swimming pool was suppose to be heated but was not and about froze to death when stepped in to it. Everytime went to front desk no one was there and had to wait a long time for help. Never again will we stay there.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I was told over the phone that the hotel was in a safe area and was enclosed. When I drove into town I saw that the cars were out in the open and the parking lot was filthy. There were drug cars parked near. I called at 2 PM to say I was going to cancel and the man yelled at me on the phone (without asking my name) "You Cannot Cancel. You will not cancel. There is no cancelling!" I did not stay there and if they charged me for the room I am definitely going to dispute it.

Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

Reservations - no one in office could speak English. I had to talk slow and spell everything out. I was told check-in was at 3p, but if I decide to come early let them know. I called early, checked in about 4p and the rooms were not ready. They said, it would be ready in 45 minutes. I drove 3 hours to this hotel and now I need to wait another 45 minutes.

Staff Service - the worst. They all had mad looks on their face. They wouldnt speak when spoken to. The manager (Tiara) is the rudest mother f___r. I think Motel6 or Rathole Motel would have better service then they did.

Rooms - smell like smoke. smell old. raggedy towels with rust and holes that you would use to wash your car with. Bed sheets had blood stains. Bed is hard as a rock. Shower stall with dirty and tub calking/walls were not professionally done. Visible holes in wall under sink. Heater panel was coming off the wall. No iron in room. Cots cost an extra $10 (cash). Picture frames were cracked. Water from shower was rusty brown. Windows/walls are paper thin -- you can hear every car drive by and everyone in the hallway.

Pool/Jacuzzi - jacuzzi was not working (no water). Pool area was put together by some first time handyman with curtain from the 50's.

Lobby - looks like a livingroom. No public restrooms in lobby area. You need to go to your room to use one.

No elevator. Sucks for you if you have heavy luggage, in a wheelchair, carrying groceries, or baby stroller. Start walking up the stairs or stay on the 1st floor (smoking rooms).

Free wifi, internet. Well, yes it was free, but good luck using it. They only had 1 computer in the lobby in front of everyone, no privacy and kids were always on it.

Finally. If it sounds too good to be true. It is. We were there for a statewide girls basketball tournament. When I called over 5 hotels, they were booked and/or prices started at $120/night. Econolodge was $55/night. I should have thought something was funny when hotels across the street were charging almost double. It also didn't help that they took the best pics in the hotel -- no 360 views.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
dante012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

after waiting for service a lady came down from upstairs, not even acknowledging us and goes to the pool area and starts yelling at someone in a foreign language, then turns to us and snaps, "He's coming." A small gentleman comes out from the pool area and goes to the desk and is very short and quick with us. I had to repeat everything... "yes I have a reservation, yes I have a credit card, yes, yes YES!! He was very rude. The room was small but I didn't expect much for the price but the renovation project was a bust. The pool was not inservice which I was not informed during my initial reservation process either. Heat was very slow to come on. we were placed next to the room where the construction crew was so they were in and out all day and night. The coffee was think as mud. Internet was done the enitre time there. Worst thing was there was blood on the bathroom floor and wall which was hidden by a garage can!!! All in all the is only one thing a 50 dollar hotel is good for and it ain't a family vacation! ChoiceHotels should reconsider this as place as part of their group.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Michael_Forde1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

This is the first time I have ever stayed in Econo Lodge, it was actualy nice and quite. The rooms were very clean and everything worked (fast WI-FI), even the service was nice. It look like the motel has been through renovation, since everything looked new inside. I would recommend staying here for the night.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Economy Inn? Share your experiences!