“Horrible Experience” 1 of 5 stars

710 North 1st Street, Yakima, WA 98901   |
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
“Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We spent two nights at this hotel & 2nd night we turned up heat because it was chilly & we were attacked by bed bugs we got bit up bad & took pictures caught the bed bugs on pieces of tape also there was cockroaches, ants. We asked for a refund because we couldn't sleep after this woke up at 3 am & gave the evidence to the front desk was given $20 but we had to get bites checked at ER called & asked for full refund but was told No this is a very sickening experience we will never go there again I don't suggest this motel to anyone

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I spent 1 night there during the first week of May. My room was clean and the bed comfortable however the shower head came off in the shower with any water pressure.I could tell that the room had some renovation performed, carpet and paint, but more needed to be accomplished, windows, shower and front door. The room also had a microwave and refer. Unlike several of the other reviews, I found the the manager friendly and receptive when I explained my concerns.
I wouldn't rate the property as poor, however I probably would try somewhere else should I visit Yakima again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Yakima, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

. bali hai has new everything, flooring, windows, carpet paint beds ref. micro. etc.
no more mold!

Room Tip: nonsmoking rooms are best.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

We needed an affordable place, the sign read 26.99 a night, it ended up costing me $66.00 and a dirty room, looked like it had never been vacuumed under the beds, and my grandaughter found a pill under the edge of the bed, thank goodness I caught her trying to put it in her mouth, but the worst part was when we pulled the sheets back there were pee stains, food and just plain ole dirty, when I told the manager about it he didn't offer me a refund, he just got on the phone and called the housekeeping and put me on the phone with them, if anyone knows who owns this place I would really like to know, I had my 2 children and my 9 month old grandaughter.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

I advise people to stay away from this place. It is cheap and there is a very good reason for it. Mold crawling up the wall from the moldy carpets. Wood rot and mold in the bathroom, especially in the shower stall and the sink basin. The room stank, everything was grimy. The staff were oblivious and had my arrival date mixed up. They advertised the pool was open. It didn't even have water in it! We walked in and then back out. It is an absolute hole and I would never recommend it. The sad thing is that the motel has great potential.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

The Bali Hai is disgusting..the room smelled horrible, the sheets were dirty and the carpet had mold on it.My family and I couldn't even stay !!!!! We checked in and checked right back out.This place shouldn't even be open.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Bali Hai Motel? Share your experiences!