“not bad” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Nevada City, California, United States
“not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is now the Budget Motel not motel 6...looks exactly like the exterior of motel 6 but is cleaner and the pillows are not flat like pancakes that are usually the case at most motel 6's...room 121 at a large compact refridge

Room Tip: $40.00 a room
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Puyallup, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I made a reservation for the Motel 6 in Yakima because of the pet policy. On the phone said the hotel was now Budget Inn, but currently maintaining the Motel 6 pet policy. They they chareged me 20 for my pet. I left a day early and they still kept the deposit for the days not used claiming it was unrefundable;.

The hotel is ugly mess in a bad part of town. People working on cars in parking lot, looking at us as we unpacked. We felt that they were scoping us out for crime. Didn't feel safe there. We were forced to park in a place where we couldn't see the car.

Beds were old and warn. Place smelled like old food and must. TV was old and outdated. Crime to be all over the place. A local store told me the neighborhood was a high crime rate.

Horrible experience, we only stayed one night and left as soon as we could the following morning.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
sun city,AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this location before.When i stopped in this morning to pay for a night this rude-mean-eastern indian woman was ready to spar.She is bitter and dislikes her job. she wanted me to put a cash deposit down on the room can you believe that.The patels are known for the motel businesd. They are thieves-Overcharge your credit card and keep your cash deposits. I called customer service at motel 6 and motel 6 told me they do not have a location in Yakima WaIF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME CALL THEM AT 1+800-466-8356 ASK THEM ABOUT YAKIMA MOTEL 6- THERE ISNT ONE. THESE EASTERN INDIANS BOUGnhHT IT AND WILL MAKE THINGS UP AS THEY PLEASE AND TRY TO STEAL YOUR MONEY WITH A CASH DEPOST This motel is no a motel 6. It is on skid row 1st st right next to the rescue mission yakima look it up.. Next time-rude eastern indian woman think before you talk.

• Stayed May 2014
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

You pay $50 bucks for a motel room and so you can't expect much. Zero customer service from the staff at the hotel. Ended up checking out early due to multiple complaints without one being addressed.

Don't expect to get any sleep with the trains right behind you going all night. Our bathroom light went out at 10pm at night and was told there was nothing they could do as they didn't have any rooms to move us to. Yet there was only 15 cars in the parking lot?

If I could give Motel 6 a zero rating, I would. Pay the extra 20 and go somewhere else.

Stayed April 2014
Tacoma, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I don't know where anyone who rated this roach motel above a 1 stayed, it couldn't possibly have been this place. It was HORRIBLE!! I can do old and faded; however, I cannot do filthy, disgusting, old and faded. I've seen cleaner bedding, including mattress/boxsprings, in thrift stores. EVERYTHING on the bed was stained :( Either the comforter was really old and beyond time to toss or it was really filthy. The sheets and pillowcases were slightly better; however, I drew the line at the stains on the mattress and boxspring. Unfortunately, I had no way to get away from this place and wound up sleeping sitting up, fully dressed, with my shoes on. I quickly booked the Clarion (right up the street and they have a courtesy shuttle) for only $15 more.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. This was the worst EVER...a hot mess!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This time for 11 nights with 3 large standard poodles. I must admit I have difficulty reconciling other reviews with my now 4 separate stays at this property. I find the owners delightful. The pool was often occupied and sparkled. My room, this time on the 2nd floor, was very clean and comfortable. The bed welcomed me and I had no problems sleeping. Outside noise was minimal. The staff was friendly and efficient and despite my protestations serviced my room daily.
Laundry room was clean, reasonably priced and the machines worked well. Location was near my job site and I was able to find a terrific dog sitter close by as well. The only thing that would enhance my stay would be if there were weekly rates.
Yes, the next time I end up in Yakima I will definitely re-book at this location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bremerton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

For this price it's not the Ritz, But it is clean,comfortable and suprisingly quiet - I'll certainly stay there again... The Owners are pleasant and the Bed was outstanding for an economy motel - Don't miss breakfast at Mel's Diner down the street - picturesque AND delicious!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Yakima? Share your experiences!