“If your poor and really need to sleep” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn Yakima

Budget Inn Yakima
You added Budget Inn Yakima to your Saves list
Budget Inn Yakima
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1104 N 1st St, I-82, Yakima, WA 98901 (Formerly Motel 6 Yakima)   |
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Solana Beach, California
“If your poor and really need to sleep”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I chose this motel online as it was cheap and a chain motel. Kind of run down building, the pool half empty and green with algae, the room had blue carpet that was now almost black, the bathroom was not super clean but not a shambles either. The shower is good, you can get really hot water. The bed was ok.
Lots of road noise as its on a major hwy

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lancaster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Overall satisfaction of stay 5/5
Friendliness of staff 5/5
Cleanliness of Room 5/5
Everything working property 5/5
Overall Appearance 5/5
I will stay again and recommend my friends and relatives to stay only in Motel 6 when come to Yakima.
Great feeling.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet and no disturbance.great feeling
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The indian owners are very rude, nasty and threatening. If you can afford it go someplace else. Infact I would run. Horrible people. I tried to book a room which should be a simple thing. I have done many many times. The wife is the nasty one I delt with.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

at Motel 6 in Yakima. I spent 3 nights, August 5, 6 and 7th with no complaint. Both the room and bathroom were immaculate. The much-needed air conditioning worked very well as did the internet connection. This area of Yakima is a bit run down, but I experienced no problems walking several blocks to the convenience store or to a restaurant. The owner was very nice. My bed was comfortable and I slept well. Daily housekeeping was provided, although it was neither expected nor required. I would definitely return next time I am in Yakima.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 111 which was a smoking room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I like a bargain but matress was completely worn out .. worst I can remember. would not stay here without a bed check. area felt safe enough TV and air worked fine clean enough for me sheets were not anything but cheap

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The room had obviously not been cleaned, there was hard cheese on the floor among othet things and the shower was moldy. I didn't feel safe taking my shoes off and walking on the floor as it had obviously not been vacuumed or cleaned in who knows how long. The room smelled gross and musty, we had to keep the door open just to try airing it out. When it came time to go to bed I lifted back the comforter and there were two long black hairs on my pillow!!! Luckily I always travel with my own pillow so I threw that one on the floor across the room. Once I got up the courage to actually climb in bed, all I could feel was springs sticking in my back and side. We got up early to get the heck out of there and in the parking lot talked to a few people that were doing the same and had nothing good to say about their room. When checking out we voiced our concerns to the gal at the from office. Her response was "why didn't you come ask for another room?". Well it was late at night and we had gone to dinner so by the time we got back all we wanted to do was go to sleep. She didn't appoligize or ask if there was anything she could do (not that we would want a free stay there). On the way out we called the corporate Motel 6 to let them know of the conditions at that specific one. Come to find out, this Motel 6 in Yakima is independently owned but, they did say they would be looking into it because NO Motel 6 corporate or independently owned should be that way. All and all, I would NEVER recommend staying there, even if you're just looking for a cheap place to stay, it was awful! We certainly don't blame all Motel 6 for these conditions, we have stayed at very nice ones before.

• Stayed August 2012
Lake Stevens, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This place was dirty, loud and the owners(an indian couple) flat out rude and abusive. We had traveled for hours by car to visit the area, we booked in advance for a 3 night stay. The pool was dirty, and very cold. The room was missing the most basic of items, including a bathtub and a coffee maker. Our room was right by the train track and there were people outside of our room begging for money. Upon our arrival, my husband payed for the wireless internet service, 10 minutes later, we decided we didnt want it and looked into having it canceled. He called down to reception and ansked to have it canceled, the woman was giving him the runaround, not giving him a straight answer, he was then told by this woman to come to the front desk because she wouldnt talk to him on the phone, he raised his voice a little, not accessive, he was aggrivated as to why she couldnt just tell us wheather or not she could take off the fee for wireless. Apparently, she started screaming at him on the phone and fighting, he handed the phone to me because he couldnt deal with it. I said, hello, she said, yes, hello. So I said, we dont want the wireless internet access, can you please cancel it. She then told me that she did not like the way I was talking to her, I was like, what??? I just simply stated that we didnt want the internet access. SO, I tried to work out with her why she was getting so upset with me, but she wouldnt talk to me, she just started yelling at me and then hung up the phone. I had never been treated like that by motel staff in my life, and I have stayed at many. 5 minutes later, my husband got a call from her husband telling us that we could stay the night but then had to leave the next day, as if we wanted to stay there another day!!! Those people who run this place are NUTS!! I do not recomend motel 6 yakima!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family