“absolutely a nightmare!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 24 hotels in Yakima
Lake Stevens, Washington, United States
“absolutely a nightmare!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This place was dirty, loud and the owners(an indian couple) flat out rude and abusive. We had traveled for hours by car to visit the area, we booked in advance for a 3 night stay. The pool was dirty, and very cold. The room was missing the most basic of items, including a bathtub and a coffee maker. Our room was right by the train track and there were people outside of our room begging for money. Upon our arrival, my husband payed for the wireless internet service, 10 minutes later, we decided we didnt want it and looked into having it canceled. He called down to reception and ansked to have it canceled, the woman was giving him the runaround, not giving him a straight answer, he was then told by this woman to come to the front desk because she wouldnt talk to him on the phone, he raised his voice a little, not accessive, he was aggrivated as to why she couldnt just tell us wheather or not she could take off the fee for wireless. Apparently, she started screaming at him on the phone and fighting, he handed the phone to me because he couldnt deal with it. I said, hello, she said, yes, hello. So I said, we dont want the wireless internet access, can you please cancel it. She then told me that she did not like the way I was talking to her, I was like, what??? I just simply stated that we didnt want the internet access. SO, I tried to work out with her why she was getting so upset with me, but she wouldnt talk to me, she just started yelling at me and then hung up the phone. I had never been treated like that by motel staff in my life, and I have stayed at many. 5 minutes later, my husband got a call from her husband telling us that we could stay the night but then had to leave the next day, as if we wanted to stay there another day!!! Those people who run this place are NUTS!! I do not recomend motel 6 yakima!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kenmore, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Clean, but flimsy sheets, grotty blanket, new spread, new bathroom, old but clean carpet, lumpy matress, little or no heat from old heater, lousy cable channels, no continental breakfast, good locks on door and window, smoking rooms available (bring your own ashtray) -- bottom line, you get what you pay for! ($43 plus tax = 50 bucks).

Room Tip: 2nd flloor on end will be less noisy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
PNW
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Rooms was surface cleaned at best. Dirt and crud built up in all corners and cracks. Mold growing all over shower area. Dust on all surfaces.

Busy train track just behind motel. Train horns blasting at least 5 times throughout the night. The vibration from the trains is enough to shake you out of sleep even if they did not blast the horns.

Price is higher than other hotels in the immediate area.

Bad part of town, several hotels near but I will not stay at this motel again or any of the others in the area.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Mercer Island, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

This was a good way station for the evening. Nothing fancy but then again not expected.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I travel a ton for work and in bad economic times I like to keep my expense reports low...thus I try to stick with basics as far as hotels go and Motel 6 is USUALLY a good choice. Not this one. The check in process was easy and when I got to the room...I was ready to just go to sleep as it was super late. I layed in the bed and it literally sunk in. It was like out of a cartoon. Needless to say...I just decided to go to sleep as I had been travelling all day and was exhausted. I woke up and saw my surroundings. This is in a really really shady part of town. Had it been in full daylight...I would have never stayed there. My advise is to drive up one more exit. Good range of hotels in a much safer area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Ghent, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We got a small room with ditto bed, but then again, for 50 dollar one can't expect too much. I didn't notice any unsafe circumstances on the parking lot, like other reviewers, but I also don't have the habit of watching out of my motel window. Things should be fine if you don't leave any valuables noticeable in your car (something you shouldn't ever do anyway), lock it and things should be just fine.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011 via mobile

Clean, no problems. A bit dodgy, we brought *everything* in and didn't leave the room for long. Overheard a phone conversation about fencing stolen goods at the neighboring bar. Saw a patrol car crusing the lot.
Loud train at 4 am, and every other noise transmits as well. Can feel the bed springs. Small.
But, whattaya want for $50? There's hot water and air temperature control and TV and Internet and no bugs.

• Stayed October 2011

Been to Motel 6 Yakima? Share your experiences!