“Dirty and Noisy” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
PNW
“Dirty and Noisy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Rooms was surface cleaned at best. Dirt and crud built up in all corners and cracks. Mold growing all over shower area. Dust on all surfaces.

Busy train track just behind motel. Train horns blasting at least 5 times throughout the night. The vibration from the trains is enough to shake you out of sleep even if they did not blast the horns.

Price is higher than other hotels in the immediate area.

Bad part of town, several hotels near but I will not stay at this motel again or any of the others in the area.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Mercer Island, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

This was a good way station for the evening. Nothing fancy but then again not expected.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I travel a ton for work and in bad economic times I like to keep my expense reports low...thus I try to stick with basics as far as hotels go and Motel 6 is USUALLY a good choice. Not this one. The check in process was easy and when I got to the room...I was ready to just go to sleep as it was super late. I layed in the bed and it literally sunk in. It was like out of a cartoon. Needless to say...I just decided to go to sleep as I had been travelling all day and was exhausted. I woke up and saw my surroundings. This is in a really really shady part of town. Had it been in full daylight...I would have never stayed there. My advise is to drive up one more exit. Good range of hotels in a much safer area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Ghent, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We got a small room with ditto bed, but then again, for 50 dollar one can't expect too much. I didn't notice any unsafe circumstances on the parking lot, like other reviewers, but I also don't have the habit of watching out of my motel window. Things should be fine if you don't leave any valuables noticeable in your car (something you shouldn't ever do anyway), lock it and things should be just fine.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011 via mobile

Clean, no problems. A bit dodgy, we brought *everything* in and didn't leave the room for long. Overheard a phone conversation about fencing stolen goods at the neighboring bar. Saw a patrol car crusing the lot.
Loud train at 4 am, and every other noise transmits as well. Can feel the bed springs. Small.
But, whattaya want for $50? There's hot water and air temperature control and TV and Internet and no bugs.

• Stayed October 2011
Tahoe City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Going to a family wedding and needed an inexpensive place for one night. We arrived in the evening with several family members. Yikes! To say bad part of town would be an understatement. Grounds and rooms were not well kept, understatement. There was a fight in the parking lot and several police were called to the scene.There was a guy sitting in his car with a blank stare He was parked in front of my brother's room in the middle of the night with his engine running for about an hour. I will say the place was busy with people coming and going from of many of the rooms, not sure what that was about but I have my suspicions... Fortunately my family has a good sense of humor, we could only laugh at the circumstances we found ourselves in. I have stayed at several Motel 6s when I just need a clean affordable place to sleep before hitting the road again. Most have been bare bones but clean. In the Yakima Motel 6 everything was bare even the customers. Clean NO! I wonder if they rent by the hour???

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

this is in a scary part of town with drug deals and hookers galore! our parking lot was a rather busy place all night long. Yakima is a really nice little city, but this area is bad and the hotel seems to be one of the meeting places for all the low lifes. Sorry Motel 6, but gotta call it like it is.
Though, the young man that checked us in was very nice!

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Yakima? Share your experiences!