“The First Time I've Ever Left a Hotel Feeling Like I Needed a Shower.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Vancouver, Canada
“The First Time I've Ever Left a Hotel Feeling Like I Needed a Shower.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Oh come ON!

When I pulled over after a long drive to a clean-looking but nondescript hotel in Yakima, WA, I did not expect fancy. Basic, maybe even beaten down, but with SOME semblance of cleanliness. The bathroom, bathtub/surround shower curtain were positively LITTERED with hairs. The tub drain - it was all but clogged from months, if not years - of hair accumulation. There were chunks of dried, bloody snot on the interior of the shower curtain and tub surround. A bloody spot on the barely painted wall. There was a big hair on the first towel I grabbed, which upon closer inspection, had chunks of god-knows-what on it. The TOWELS weren't clean! A large gap under the door leading to an adjacent room ensured that every grunt, cough wheeze and snort by the loud, tv-loving man next door was a real treat - esp since he stayed up past midnight and woke with the dawn. Oh - and the entire room was in the midst of a major ant infestation. Such things happen, ants gotta live too and all that, however seeing 10 or so of them swarming around the bathroom sink after my horrible shower experience was not what I needed to see. I suppose I should have put more thought into my interpretation of the name of this place - "Quality Inn" - which of course can mean either high or low quality. Now I know.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jason S, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank-you for your feedback. I would like to inform you that this property is under new management since January 2013. I apologize for the room cleanliness issues that you experienced in the past and can ensure you that we have made significant strides in overall guest room condition as well as numerous improvements to the entire property. All of are guest rooms are cleaned with the highest standards and inspected daily to make sure we are at those standards. I would like a chance to earn back your business, please let me know when the next time you will be in Yakima and I will take care of your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bruce, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

While working in Yakima we opted to stay (off and on) for about 6 weeks at this Quality Inn. First off, the staff was extremely pleasant! After spending the first week cleaning the room and settling in - it became cozy. Onsite laundry was a plus. Only serious complaint was the lack of a "pet area", you do not wanna take your little Fido out behind this hotel to do his/her business!! Broken glass everywhere! The restaurants within walking distance (with the exception the the local IHOP, nasty) was great!! We stayed there in the winter, so needless to say, it snowed - a lot!! Praying we never have to go back to Yakima, Washington again, but if we do, we would probably stay at the Quality Inn.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We booked 2 rooms here for a wedding. The accommodations were what you would expect for the price, but what really impressed me was the staff! The guy that checked us in was very helpful and friendly. When we got home after the trip I realized my sons very special blanket had been left in one of the beds. This was a crises! Really, parents, you understand what I mean! Scott at the front desk found it, and mailed it back to us. Thank you Scott! You were great and deserve some recognition for taking care of us even after our stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Molalla
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Room 114 was comparable to a Motel 6. We suggest bringing your own pillows as theirs were horrible. There were spider webs hanging from the ceiling and the bathroom ceiling needed a serious wipe down due to condensation drips.

Not much room for doggies to duty but there is a field across the street.

Close to everything and was very quiet.

Will probably stay again due to the convenience of the location and the reasonable price but will definately bring our own pillows.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Charlevoix, Mi.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Looks can be deceiving. I parked in the truck lot and almost left. Back of the building is ugly BUT room 102 is great. King bed, lazy boy type chair, work desk, BIG room. Im very glad I decided to take the chance and stay here. Nice little outdoor pool. Restaurants and mall next door. Very satisfied

• Stayed May 2012
rawalpindi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

This is one of the best places and the staff is very friendly and caring. They are located on a beautiful location. I am very satisfied by their work

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter