“Pleasant stop” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

and 1 more site!
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   510 North First Street, Yakima, WA 98901 (Formerly Rodeway Inn & Suites Yakima)   |
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pleasant stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Looking for an inexpensive stop, that was part of a chain, to gain points. Found a worn property with a very pleasant desk clerk who went an extra mile to allow me to use the pool and explained the early morning hours. Hotel room was clean and tidy. Had a nice couch and a an extra lounge chair. Ask for a second floor room, apparently a bit nicer ( I agree)' as well as a bit of a view.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Santa Cruz, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The front desk gentleman was very nice however, This hotel is not in a safe area. The locals call the area "The Hole" come to find out. The rooms were cheap and that's why we booked at this hotel while on our motorcycle trip. We had some issue's with our bikes in the parking lot and decided to leave after three hours and go somewhere else. If this hotel was in a different safer area we might return. The rooms seemed to be price appropriate and the overall condition was fair. My previous review of this hotel was rejected so I'm trying to clean it up. But I think it's important to inform people of safety issues if they do not know the area like us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

This was a last minute find, booked from my phone about 2 hours before arriving. We had two adults, three teens/pre teens. Booked a king bed, with a pull out sofa and a roll away bed.
We were greeted by the friendly front desk person in the driveway. Got checked in quick. Kids had been in car for 15 hours, and were eager to get in pool, clerk said he'd let them stay as long as they wanted, just to not get rowdy or too loud.

The room seemed spacious, large bathroom and large closet area. It was older, and therefore didn't look as clean as a new hotel. We had a larger mini-fridge, and unexpected bonus.

Our only complaint was the people staying next door. They were drinking, and going from an outdoor patio back and forth past our room to thier room. The more they drank, the more they kept falling into our door and raising voices. After 2-3 hours of this, finally called front desk, and things seemed to calm down. But, the desk isn't far away, I wonder how they didn't hear it all, when it was waking us from sleep with ear plugs in.

Lastly, there wasn't enough room to pull the sofa bed out. It got 2/3 out, and the final third would sit on the king size bed. We adapted, and they did bring us extra sheets and blankets.

• Stayed July 2012
Everett, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We had the room with no adjoining rooms so nice & quiet. Nice staff. Gave me a ride to & from Harley shop to get my bike fixed. Fridge, micro & 27" TV, comfy beds, hot showetr, nice 80degree pool and sunny. Got sick at Mel's Diner. Free WIFI. Better deal than Motel 6.Had a camera to watch my bike from office altho it was right outside my window.

Room Tip: 2 rooms on other side of parking lot have no adjoining rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Buckley, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We will never stay here again, we should of never stayed the 1st night, Our room was a NS room which stunk so bad like smoke, I went to the office and told them. They said the room below us was smoking but, I don't think our room would of stunk that bad from the room below. I asked for some room spray, it didn't help. The fridge stunk so bad we couldn't use it. We could not plug in our chargers because the plug ins were so old, they kept falling right out. It just felt dirty. I searched on line before bed, found a room down the street same price. We were up at 8 am packing, we were very happy with our new place! Lesson learned, look at the room first if you've never stayed before!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Pacific Northwest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

The best I can say is that the room appeared to be clean, and there were no bugs. It was not so bad to cause me to go elsewhere for one night, but I'll never stay there again. It was within walking distance of Mel's Diner, which has pretty decent food.

Room Tip: To get the best room, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

A tired and shabby mess of a place. This place needs a major overhaul. I felt like I needed a wash after we left. Worst of all myself and my wife felt unsafe, although that might have something more to do with Yakima than this particular motel.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!