“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

and 1 more site!
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   510 North First Street, Yakima, WA 98901 (Formerly Rodeway Inn & Suites Yakima)   |
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Everett, Washington
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We had the room with no adjoining rooms so nice & quiet. Nice staff. Gave me a ride to & from Harley shop to get my bike fixed. Fridge, micro & 27" TV, comfy beds, hot showetr, nice 80degree pool and sunny. Got sick at Mel's Diner. Free WIFI. Better deal than Motel 6.Had a camera to watch my bike from office altho it was right outside my window.

Room Tip: 2 rooms on other side of parking lot have no adjoining rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Buckley, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We will never stay here again, we should of never stayed the 1st night, Our room was a NS room which stunk so bad like smoke, I went to the office and told them. They said the room below us was smoking but, I don't think our room would of stunk that bad from the room below. I asked for some room spray, it didn't help. The fridge stunk so bad we couldn't use it. We could not plug in our chargers because the plug ins were so old, they kept falling right out. It just felt dirty. I searched on line before bed, found a room down the street same price. We were up at 8 am packing, we were very happy with our new place! Lesson learned, look at the room first if you've never stayed before!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Pacific Northwest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

The best I can say is that the room appeared to be clean, and there were no bugs. It was not so bad to cause me to go elsewhere for one night, but I'll never stay there again. It was within walking distance of Mel's Diner, which has pretty decent food.

Room Tip: To get the best room, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

A tired and shabby mess of a place. This place needs a major overhaul. I felt like I needed a wash after we left. Worst of all myself and my wife felt unsafe, although that might have something more to do with Yakima than this particular motel.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

The outside of this property seems somewhat rough but our room was in better condition than expected. There was a comfortable bed and the room was spacious with a table and sofa. There was also a fridge, microwave and free wifi. The bathroom was slightly larger and cleaner than expected after reading other reviews.

We paid $55 including tax which was cheaper than other options in town. The continental breakfast was pretty crude so I passed on it.

Given the price and central location I thought this was a good choice for Yakima.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

We stayed in this motel in a busy weekend when most hotels in the town were full. This motel is outdated but the location is not bad. The room is a bit small and old. The condition is just ok. The free wifi is extremely slow. The parking spots are tiny. However, the staff is really friendly. I probably will not stay here again unless I have no other choice. We paid $54 for one night but I think its value is between $30-$40.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

I m impressed Nice clean office/lobby area easy and fast check in. I stayedhere for 2 nights in Non smoking QQ. The room is newly painted inside outside no smell no stinking,clean bathrooms healthy breakfast clean pool all for a good price .Front Desk is very helpful and cooperative and they recently remodeled. I would stay at this motel again when ever i m visiting yakima.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!