“Best value in Woodland, nice rooms!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1380 Atlantic Avenue, Woodland, WA 98674 (Formerly Woodland Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woodland
“Best value in Woodland, nice rooms!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

As mentioned by other reviewers, Quality Inn in Woodland has new owners and was recently renovated. In all fairness, previous negative reviews don't apply and should be deleted.

We were in Woodland on business and needed lodging. We considered the three options listed here on TripAdvisor, and had stayed previously at the more expensive one. We booked a very good rate at Quality Inn through Hotels.com and were curious what we'd find.

Our non-smoking King room was just as nice, if not nicer, than our previous one at the more expensive hotel. We were very pleased with its cleanliness, design and quietness (set back from I-5). The only downside was the mattress: it wasn't the most comfortable.

We would stay here again, especially as it's convenient to where we're working, and we can save $30 compared to the other hotel. This is a huge difference for a small market like Woodland. Reading another review, I see their rate was $15 lower than ours, so Hotels.com may not be the way to go. Next time I'll call or try Quality Inn's website.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms face away from I-5.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Aaron B, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear KKucera,

Thank you for taking the time out and writing the review, I am sorry that the mattress wasn't comfortable and will forward that to the owner because we want our hotel to be the best in the city of Woodland. I'm glad that you were impressed with our rates because I try to set them competitively with the Quality Inn in Vancouver and Longview. I have tried to contact Trip Advisor if we can get the previous comments deleted because they really don't apply since we have reopened but since the hotel is not a brand new property they can't be so I encourage our guests to please write reviews so thanks for your wonderful comments and hope to you come back to visit us!

Best Regards,

Aaron Bath

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Corvallis, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

The first thing that anyone reading these reviews needs to know is that this hotel just underwent a 2 million dollar remodel and reopened in April 2012 with new owners, new management, and new staff, so reviews prior to April 2012 don't really apply.

That said, we thought that the Quality Inn in Woodland was a great bargain for the price. For $50.99 a night plus tax, we had a very nice room with two queen beds. The room had new wallpaper, carpet, furniture, tub, lamps, chairs, etc. that were very nice for this level of hotel. It came with TV, microwave, refrigerator, phone, alarm clock/radio, hair dryer, WiFi, and air conditioning.

The service at the front desk was incredible! Abbey was very friendly and helpful. I couldn't get one of the lights in the room to turn on. She came in the room to check it out and discovered that the light was both burnt out and unplugged and solved the problem on the spot. Likewise, I commented on some spots on the bedspreads. While I have worked for a motel and know that some spots don't come out, and you can't throw away an otherwise good bedspread on account of that, I thought they would bother my boyfriend. Abbey offered to and then changed the bedspreads herself. Wow!

The room rate includes a cold continental breakfast of juice, cereal and milk, bagels and cream cheese, hard boiled eggs, and pastries, and also hot food: eggs, sausages, and gravy and toast. I did miss having fruit available, and if I came to breakfast towards the end of breakfast time, there was very little choice in the few pastries left. The first day, the concentrate in the orange juice ran out part way into breakfast, and the juice was practically like water. I also did not see the hot food until I'd eaten, as it is across from the main breakfast area. So, the breakfast was adequate, but could be improved. I can understand that since they are not very busy - they don't have their big Quality Inn sign yet to put out on the road to let people know they are there - it doesn't make much sense to have too much food, as it might go to waste. I could definitely have lived without the big TV in the eating area; this is a trend in hotels and motels that I despise.

Since they are not quite finished with the renovation, the pool, spa, and exercise room were not yet done. This didn't bother us, as we didn't need them this trip. It looks like they will be very nice when they are done. The lobby is very nice, and the buidling is very attractive from the outside.

The hotel sets back from the road and I-5, making it relatively quiet. It's in an excellent location with easy access to anywhere you might want to go in Woodland. We went to the Hulda Klager Lilac Gardens, which was less than 5 minutes away. Rosie's, where we ate several times, was less than 2 minutes. And the historic Cedar Creek Grist Mill outside of town was only 15 minutes away.

Parking was close and adequate. Be forewarned that this is two-story hotel without an elevator. I have a bad hip, and we were lucky to be on the ground floor where we could also use the luggage cart.

Overall, we were very pleased and plan to stay there again. It truly WAS the QUALITY Inn!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Writerwannabee,

First of all I'd like to say thank you for choosing the Quality Inn and Suites for your night's stay. Also thank you for putting such a thorough review! I'm glad that Abbey was able to help you with all your needs, also would like you to know we now have fruit and also offer hot waffles. Our outdoor Quality Inn signs are actually being put up as I type this response so hopefully they will be done today or tomorrow. We are still working on the pool, spa, and the exercise room equipment is on order. I'm glad you had a Quality stay at our Quality Inn, we genuinely appreciate your wonderful comments and hope to welcome you back soon!

Best Regards,

Aaron Bath
Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed at the newly opened Quality Inn and Suites in Woodland, WA. I can't describe how great my stay was. I was actually the hotel's third guest since they've been closed for over a year. The hotel has a friendly staff, great I-5 location, and nice guest rooms. As I was there were small things not in full function but nothing that altered my comfort. For breakfast I had a cup of fresh juice, a bowl of cereal, and a bagel. I said Woodland's best kept secret because it's location is hidden by two warehouses but the staff notified me that their signs are on order. Will come back to stay again!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Rhonda O, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Want to say thank you for your wonderful comments. And thank you for staying here at the Quality Inn & Suites here in Woodland, Washington.

Rhonda
Manager
Quality Inn & Suites

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!