“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Auberge de Seattle, French Country Inn

You added Auberge de Seattle, French Country Inn to your Saves list
Auberge de Seattle, French Country Inn
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   16400 216th. Avenue N.E., Woodinville, WA 98077   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Woodinville B&B and Inns
Cashmere, Washington, United States
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were only able to stay one night in the studio, but enjoyed ourselves very much. The studio is very spacious and larger than most B&B or hotel rooms. It is immaculate, well appointed with dishes, micro, sink, small refer, etc. The treats that Nancy shares are delicious and such a treat...such as the buttery date bars at check in and the after dinner cookies. in the morning, fresh, warm rolls arrive for breakfast. The setting is peaceful, quiet and close to everything for wine touring, shopping, etc. We also own a B&B and I think Nancy runs her establishment as I would and I appreciated that. Would definately stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Proprietress, Owner at Auberge de Seattle, French Country Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
It was great meeting the two of you and thank you for this review. I hope someday to visit your lovely B&B Sky Meadows...it looks so nice. Thank you again. Nancy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
nanaimo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We totally enjoyed the experience .The facitlities were good, the grounds were great.We do quite a bit of cooking ourselves and did enjoy the cooking class.Nancy was very hospitable and we have recommended LAuberge to other people.It was my wife's 60th birthday and it was a great way to start the celebration Brian P Nanaimo BC

Hey...thanks for the review...so glad you had a good time. My Best, Nancy
Spanaway, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My son son and I had a fabulous time. He wants to be a chef and he loved being exposed to the pate class. Chef Paul Paul and Nancy were very nice and inviting. It was a beautiful setting, I love the grounds. We were able to sample the Pate and pickled asparagus before we left. Our loaves turned our wonderful at home as well. We want to go back for more classes.

Room Tip: This was a cooking class, I did not stay at the B & B.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
So glad you both enjoyed the Culinary Basic and Technique cooking class, thank you for this lovely review, I look forward to your next visit.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Even with the Groupon deal, not worth it. Arrived to a locked entrance door just after 4pm, no advertised WiFi in Chefs Quarters to access while waiting for cooking class to start (or for the remainder of our stay), spoiled/rotting vegetables in the classroom fridge, breakfast yogurt more than three months past 'best before' date, and when housekeeping staff moved personal belongings and stored them out of sight (as a result they were left behind) the only solution offered by the proprietress was to either replace them or come back and get them (at $250 or a 6 hour round trip??). The evening class was simply following and making basic recipes, fun to meet the other guests but expected more of a challenge. Very frustrating, costly and time consuming for me to solve the problem housekeeping created, unprofessional/very poor customer service.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Proprietress, Owner at Auberge de Seattle, French Country Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Sorry to hear your stay was frustrating for you, I know how up setting it can be when we leave things behind. Hopefully, by now you have received your Fed-Ex package.

We are Wi-Fi tolerant (trans-parent) through out our property; we would have gladly helped you get online if you had told us, as we understand everyone’s computer is different. Our access is not locked nor do you need a special code to go online.

We are closed daily in-between 11:00-4:00…as that is when housekeeping does their magic. Our housekeeping staff is trained to clean up: Make the beds, clean the bathrooms, put new towel out etc., and to NEVER touch or move the guest personal belongings. Hours of operation is published on our website and also noted in the email confirmations we send out to our clients before hand.

As far as the yogurt…sometimes things do slip by us…I am sorry, we would have gladly exchanged them, if we had known.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We rented the chef's quarters for two nights and participated in a cooking lesson.
What a wonderful experience! The accomodations were very comfortable with a fully equipped and well stocked kitchen. It was a much needed quiet retreat that felt homey and rejuvenating.

The suprise delivery of delicious food from the proprieter, Nancy, was fantastic. We had delicious morning pastries and an evening dessert.

The French cooking lesson was oh so fun, We chopped, cooked and learned not just about the receipe but about things like calibrating thermometers, clarified butter etc... The chef and Nancy were able to answer questions, keep all 12 of us busy, wine glasses full and having fun.

We recommend this as a fun weekend for anyone. There was attention to detail from the linens to the food, lovely, but not pretentious, just nice and special.

Room Tip: I only saw the Chef quarters, it was very nice with outside area.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Proprietress, Owner at Auberge de Seattle, French Country Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you very much for your support. These reveiws really do matter to us...it's good to hear we have folks who appreciate what we do and enjoyed our French Country Inn!
Newcastle, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My family recently purchased a package of the basic cooking series classes for me....perhaps this is a bit of a hint to my cooking abilities? Anyway, over the past several months I have attended cooking classes at this well appointed establishment. The classes are fun and informative and Chef Paul has a very nice way of presenting the material that helps everyone feel excited and anxious to try the evenings lesson. I have enjoyed the company of the other classmates working in our groups under Chef Paul's watchful eye and I have taken home the confidence to practice what I have gained from the classes that I have attended. I am amazed at the difference this hands on experience has made in my attitude about cooking and the desire to serve all home cooked meals which are a pleasure to make, serve and consume.
I was also pleased to learn that the owner, Nancy, also runs a bed and breakfast and offers other group events here! The property grounds are in a area that lends to the relaxing tone of a getaway while also being centrally located to the abundant local wineries while not being too far from other Seattle attractions.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Proprietress, Owner at Auberge de Seattle, French Country Inn, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your support, we so appreciate your point of view.
Sammamish
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

So far I have taken 9 cooking classes at l'Auberge, with about 5 more scheduled, and I have had a wonderful experience in each of them. Four of the classes were with Chef Paul (basics) and five with Chef Ryan (brunch and a dinner course). Both are excellent teachers and go through great lengths to answer any questions that come up or demonstrate anything we’re asking for (sometimes many times). The mix of background information followed by hands-on practice has been just right, and for the brunch and dinner courses you actually have a formal setting to enjoy everything that was prepared. Every single class I learned something new and was able to do it home with confidence as well. The highest praise I can give is the fact that my youngest daughter didn’t want to go out for her birthday dinner this year, but requested something that I had learned to make in one of the classes. The payoff doesn’t get any better than that.

Nancy, the proprietess and owner of l’Auberge, has been a fabulous host on every single location. She goes out of her way to make everyone feel welcome and included in her beautiful home and very well equipped kitchen (professional stoves, oven, lots of specialty items, etc). It’s fun to look around at all the vintage pieces she has accumulated over the years, both in the kitchen and dining room. She has many stories to share about those (just ask), and always keeps the conversation flowing when we sit down for brunch or dinner. She recently started making macarons at l’Auberge, and don’t miss the chance to try those and get some – they are absolutely delicious.

I’ve done some cooking classes at other places, e.g., Sur la Table, and while those have been good as well, the variety of classes at l’Auberge and my interactions with Nancy and the Chefs keep me signing up for more.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Peter...so nice of you to write such a detailed review...We here at the cooking school so appreciate hearing from our customers. Thank you. Nancy

Been to Auberge de Seattle, French Country Inn? Share your experiences!