“It may be inexpensive, but you still don't get what was advertised and what you paid for.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winthrop
Americas Best Value Inn
1006 Highway 20, Winthrop, WA 98862   |
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Winthrop
Spokane, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in the first week of November, 2011. The first room I got had not been cleaned. I was told that they only clean the rooms once per week and they try to check people into clean room. The bed sheet was not long enough and the botton of the mattress was exposed. The advertised spa was closeed. When I check in, I was told that lobby would open at 7 am for the breakfast. Whe I left at 8 am, the lobby was still locked up.

Not good value for the money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed there off season, paid $60. Pool and hot tub were closed. Room was clean and spacious. AC/heat a bit ancient but it worked. Very basic breakfast. Friendly service. Just needed a place to stay for the night and this hit the spot at the right cost.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Shabby, noisy and overprised hotel, hole in the wall, dirty towels with yellow spots on it. How clean will it be?

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

This is an old property which is financially struggling based on the condition and upkeep of the rooms. Our room smelled a little funny, there was damage and what appeared to be mold in our bathroom, the air conditioner was inefficient, and the toilet was easily plugged.

The ice machines did not work and there was nothing at all in the vending machines - a clear signal that they've just given up.

We won't be back.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This hotel is out of the 70's and the decor and mattresses prove it. The bed was so hard, I slept awful. The best part was a beautiful clean swimming pool. The "continental" breakfast was the smallest I had ever seen (we went to a restaurant in town) This is a very small Western-themed town and the pickins are slim to none but it is on the edge of the Cascade Mountains and there are no sizable cities nearby. I have stayed in much nicer hotels for $20 less a night. I would recommend looking at the room before accepting it. Good luck!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

My wife and I travel by motorcycle with our little dog. Winthrop is one of our favorite places to visit and we enjoyed our stay at the Winthrop Americas Best Value Inn. In fact, we extended our stay to three nights. The motel, while older, is clean and comfortable, and our room had a very good bed. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the pool and lounging in the courtyard.
The motel is within walking distance of several restaurants and a grocery store. It is only a fifteen minute walk into town where there are many of stores including an excellent book store.
If you are looking for a good place to stay, at a reasonable price, with helpful and accommodating staff then I would recommend this motel.
OJM Kelowna, BC

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011 via mobile

On a lengthy car trip with a late start and frantically tired toddler, we were glad to see a motel that looked clean and had vacancies. Ratings on Tripadvisor were mixed, which is definitely better than all low ratings!

First disappointment (for my son-in-law) was the pool being closed. Second (for daughter and me) was the spa being removed! Apparently, state law now prohibits above-ground spa, and they have not replaced theirs yet.

The room was clean and basic. The double bed I had was somewhat firm, which is fine; I don't know about the other bed, except to note my daughter, her husband and toddler looked pretty crowded!

The bathroom was clean, with typical motel amenities (shampoo, conditioner, soap) and number of towels. Daughter was the only one who showered, and she said it had good pressure and plenty of hot water.

The room was surprisingly quiet, given our location was approximately 75' from State Highway 20.

The third, and biggest, disappointment was the "continental breakfast". When son-in-law got there at 7 a.m., he found that all they had was weak coffee, four apples, no cereal, some "tiny" pastries, and English muffins. My daughter went a short time later and did get a banana. I made do with the in-room coffee, as son-in-law stated we had to go get "real" breakfast.

All in all, it was fine for one night, but I would not go back unless I had no other choice.

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!