“Great Horseback Riding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chewack River Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winthrop
Chewack River Guest Ranch
You added Chewack River Guest Ranch to your Saves list
588 East Chewack Road, Winthrop, WA 98862   |
surrey, british columbia
“Great Horseback Riding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2005

My wife and I spent the first weekend of June 2005 in Winthrop, Washington. This small town has been remodelled to look like a late 1800's Western town, with boardwalks and themed businesses. Less than four hours by car or motor cycle from Seattle or Vancouver, BC, Canada, the town is a great weekend destination. And if you enjoy horseback riding, you will not be disappointed, as numerous stables in the area advertise horseback riding for novices through to experts.

We found a great place 6 miles north of Winthrop on East Chewuch Road. It is called The Chewack River Guest Ranch. It is a family run operation and they take bookings or you can just drive out to the ranch like my wife and I did. They also have accomodations on site if you want the total experience. My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful two hour ride. It was just our friendly guide, my wife and I. We spent the first 45 minutes wandering along the Chewuch River. We then crossed East Chewuch Road and headed up into the foothills for another hour and a half of riding. My wife and I are intermediate level riders, and our guide allowed us to trot and gallop our horses. My wife had a well tempered quarter-horse and I rode a great registered paint horse. Both horses were well mannered and left us feeling confident as we travelled up and down mountainside trails that the horses obviously knew well. The cost, at only $40.00 per person for a two hour plus ride, was reasonable and money well spent.

We highly recommend The Chewack River Guest Ranch for horseback riding when in the Winthrop area.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)

Been to Chewack River Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!