“Stay clear of BLUE EYES with Deep Sea Charters” 1 of 5 stars

(360) 268-9300
Website
Improve this listing
Nampa, Idaho
“Stay clear of BLUE EYES with Deep Sea Charters”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stay away from Deep Sea Charters in Westport WA!!

I am an outdoor enthusiast and have taken deep sea charters from Alaska to the Gulf of Mexico, Maui to Maine. This trip BY FAR was the WORST experience ever!! The Blue Eyes captain was non communicative and seemed irritated that we even arrived for our trip. We boarded his boat and tried to talk to him and ask questions regarding the area, the type of fishing, and lastly the boat log sheet and received no response. When he did talk all he could do was complain about a previous trip and how the Coast Guard had boarded his boat during rough seas and accidently broke out a window. He barely took the time to go over general boat safety and never mentioned where the life vests were located and did not even have enough for our party of 15. We booked this trip over a month in advance and you would think with a party that large they would have two deck hands to handle both sides of the boat. WRONG again.

On the way out all the Captain Rick Schmidt could talk about is getting back in before the bar was impassable because he didn’t want to stay out past 6pm like another boat had to do the day before. Keep in mind that when asked how far we were going out he said about 3 hours out. This was supposed to be an all day trip of 8 hours. That left only 2 hours to fish Hm convenient for him. Needless to say we did not even get our 8 hours we were back in by 1:30pm.

Needless to say we did not end up going out 3 hours but about 1.5 hours and set anchor. Once the anchor was set I expected to be given some direction by the deck hand on how to fish for bottom fish in this area and what to do if we caught something. i.e. wait for him or go ahead and pull up on board. Again we GOT NO COMMUNICATION. This yielded only a few fish and so we set off to another spot and he drug the anchor for over 20 minutes. In all other places this is illegal and can land you in big trouble tearing up the Ocean floor like that. He then proceeded to stop and we thought he was pulling up the anchor but NOPE he started off again and continued to drag the anchor for another 20 minutes again. I found this absolutely absurd.

Anyone wanting to go bottom fishing beware of Deep Sea Charters and definitely the boat Blue Eyes grumpy, lazy crew that has no social skills in a business that not only requires it but is a must! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE

Visited May 2013

Snohomish, WA
5 attraction reviews
“Fish, fish, and more fish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was on two trips over the weekend, one for rockfish/bottomish and the other for halibut, on the Fury with skipper Mike Harris. I am convinced that Harris has fishing ESP. On the first day, I could hear over the radio that all of the boats were having a hard time finding many sea bass but Harris kept trying different places until he landed us on a great spot and we all returned with our limits.

I'd never been halibut fishing before and didn't realize how tired my arms would get reeling one in, but the captain and crew were right there to make sure my fish got in the boat. Again, each of us returned with our limit, catching a few ling cod on the way back, too.

Along with the main deckhand, Harris has a trainee deckhand, Caleb, who should be renamed "Mr. Personality." Surprisingly, I knew one of the other fishermen from when I'd ridden the school bus (in the early seventies!) and many of the others lived near me. This familiarity, combined with the extremely entertaining personalities of the fishermen and deckhands and the great fishing made for one of the most extraordinary trips I've ever been on. And I almost forgot to mention the dolphins and whales that swam around the boat while we were halibut fishing! It was a great day. I'll be fishing on the Fury again!

Visited May 2013
Olympia, Washington
“When fishing in Wesport Wa,, I always fish on Slammer with Rhett Weber”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Rhett Weber's Slammer is your boat if you're looking for the best Northwest ocean fishing on a comfortable, safe and recently remodeled vessel - a true fish catching machine with an experienced and client-friendly crew - depending on the season, Rhett and his team will put you on black rockfish, Pacific salmon, lingcod, halibut and even Dungeness crab - other species are likely to get on your hook as well - a great experience for all ages and abilities - Slammer's deck is even accessible for folks in wheelchairs - straight in off the dock via a door that Rhett made in the ide of Slammer - be sure to bring your camera on your next outing on Slammer...

Visited June 2012
Kenmore, Washington
“Best Fishing Trip Yet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

With Eric Samuelson, Captain of the Playboy Too, We were in the fish all Day! These Tuna, pound for pound are the most fighting, long-endurance fish I have ever caught. An average of 10 to 15 minutes to land one. Each fish wore me out, from the point of hook to the point of gaff, they did not stop their Fight! With an Average of 14 fish per fisherman, it was an exciting day for all of us! Came home with over 120lbs of delicious Fillets! Thank You Captain Eric and Deck Crew, Nick, Joel, and Mike, you guys are an awesome Team! Can't wait to book my Trip for next Year!
Randy C.

Visited August 2012
Nevada
“Great capt. Who gets you on the fish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Really enjoyed the trip even though it was a rough day on the sea. Took my twin daughters (13) and they both caught fish, and we were treated well. Good group of folks on the boat that made the day enjoyable.