We had originally planned on spending 2 nights at this motel and checked out after the first night. This motel has seen better days but with a little work could be a comfortable and nicely located place to stay. This couple have been managing this motel for years and seem sincerely nice and well meaning and I wish I could give this place an honest, good review. However, I get the sense that due to problems with the owner not supplying them with what they need in order to properly take care of the place (the owner refusing to pay for the TV service is why the TV was not and had not been working for 3 months) and their own health issues it appeared this this couple is overwhelmed with their duties. Sadly, the property just isn't being kept up. The room we were in - the good - it had a microwave, a small fridge, a VCR with free older video tapes available at the office, the bathroom was clean, though there were stains and it only had a small shower, the bedding appeared well laundered - and it was cheap. The bad - everything is old and run down. The lamp shades by the bed are dirty and stained and one is held together with masking tape, the carpet is very worn and literally pieced together in order to fit the room, the table is made steady by papers shimming it, the smoke detector is detached from it's electrical source and lays atop the microwave, the in-room coffee pot was missing and when one was brought to us it had dried coffee on the bottom of the pot, and some surfaces had obviously not been cleaned for some time. Oh, and no TV reception. Outside, the advertised BBQ gazebo was basically being used as a catchall for various pieces of junk and was not at all usable. The fire pit in the back was not set up for use and overlooked junk hidden behind the building. There were chaise lounges stacked nearby but they had not been cleaned and were also not usable. For us, most of the present problems can be tolerated but stale cigarette odor was a deal breaker for me. I had specifically talked to someone about my need for a room that had never been smoked in and after hearing that the motel has been smoke free for around a year had naively hoped that any lingering smells would be gone. WRONG! It was so bad that by the morning I was sick from the odor and had to cancel our second night booking. The manager was not going to easily refund my second night fee because I wasn't giving the required 24 hours notice but after hearing my argument for a refund he reluctantly did relent and ended up apologizing for giving me a hard time and I apologized for becoming combative.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.