“Only suitable for fishermen....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Westport
Harbor Resort
871 E Neddy Rose Dr, Westport, WA 98595   |
Ranked #13 of 14 hotels in Westport
Algona, Washington
“Only suitable for fishermen....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had a reservation for July 27th. The only positive thing, about this property, was the gentleman who checked us in. Extremely friendly and helpful. We were supposed to stay in room #6. When we get there, the window is wide open (no screen on window) and it had an odor similar to that of dead/rotting fish. The room was tiny. The bathroom was very tiny. We had to scoot our way around the bed to get around. In other words, no way were we going to stay there. Both my husband, and I, have very acute senses of smell and we would not have been able to stay in this room. Luckily, the gentleman who checked us in was very understanding and refunded our money immediately (it showed up on our card right away). If we had been fishermen, or had absolutely no sense of smell, then we may have liked it. We were able to stay at a motel about 10 minutes away, in Westport, that was wonderful and we paid only $15.00 more for a king sized bed and a very comfortable room that was 3 times bigger.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Puyallup, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The harbor is right on the property so you are next door to boats and public docks, very nice. The number 11 (cottage) is a single wide mobile home that has never been updated since it was new. The outdated interior is offensive, but I was surprised that it was clean enough. The beautiful fireplace they mention on the website but never show a picture of is actually a rusted old stove and it didn't work. What a pathetic joke. The patio door is off it's bent track and kids could get killed by it. The fold out bed like thing in the living room sucks. Old TV, old stove and the smallest bathroom I have ever seen. No water presure for the scalding hot water in the bathroom at the sink.. You can actaully feeel the two by fours in the frame of the fold out couch that is made of nagahide. The view was nice enough and the deck and table was built with sturdy wood that has been stained. Pots and pans and dishes that are clean believe it or not. They don't slop people up with clam chowder in the lobby anymore, probably because their food liscense was revoked? Not worth $200 bucks a night. I think I saw an old sea hagg upstairs in the window over the office. Freightful!

Room Tip: try the number 15 Mobile home, it appears to be newer and looks over the harbor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. We stayed in Cabin 14 for 4 days and had a great time. The cabin was comfortable and the view was awesome. We had reservations in other places but would have definitely enjoyed more time here. We caught quite a few crabs right off the deck of the cabin and had a nice crab boil from them. This is a nice place, very comfortable with friendly people running it! We celebrated our 31st Wedding anniversary here and had a great time.We also brought our niece with us and we all agreed this was our favorite place to stay in the entire vacation. We will stay here again if we have the chance.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I took me girlfriend there for a four day stay in cabin # 12. Everything was great my parents stay here from time to time so they turned me on to it. I got a little scared when i started to read the reviews but when i got there was fine if your not looking for a 5 star hotel for god sakes its right on the water. Few things that could be fixed like to sliding door my girlfriend needed my help every time opening it, they really need some new pans but cook alot so i brought my own pans. The owner is a very nice guy gave me his cell phone number so if i had to call for something after 6. He also gave me a crab ring for the four days i stayed for just $10. My girlfriend loved it along with me and a dog. I will be going to stay again.
Stayed Feb 2 to 5

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Cornelius, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

My fiance and I rented #7 upstairs. My sister and her guy rented a cabin and her two adult boys rented another cabin. This will never happen again, EVER!! The view is not worth the crap we had to go through. Read all the recent reviews, every one of them are spot-on! My sister's room had a gas leak that the manager said was just from lighting the gas heater but the smell didn't go away for hours and only then because her boyfriend turned off the valve for the gas. Then the manager brought over a heater and left, they turned it on and the power went out and they couldn't find the breaker and the manager wouldn't answer the phone. The two boys returned to their room much later in the night and found that there was no power in their room at all. My sister was given $10 off for the inconvenience and the two boys were given another cabin for the next night. Our #7 room had a stank to it, and the room is really small and the shower stops and goes and changes temp from other rooms using the water. I skimmed over some reviews from way back in 2004 and 2005 and they got really great reviews, it seems that the place has gone down hill and is being run into the sewer. If I owned that place I would be ashamed of myself reading all these bad reviews and do something about fixing up the place and cleaning up my image. I was thinking about finding out who the owner is and calling them to demand compensation for my sis and her kids but I can see now that the owner IS THE PROBLEM!!!! YOU SUCK!!! GRADE: F- 0% satisfaction. I will discourage everyone I come across from staying there. Get my point? You're stupid and can't read if you stay there. I'm stupid for not reading reviews before i wasted my money on that hell hole. Did I mention this place sucks? Like, really bad?

Room Tip: Choose a different motel.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Hoquiam, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We rented cabin number 9 at the harbor resort for a vacation over the New Year holiday for our family of 4. We were told it had a queen size bed and two bunk beds. The Queen size was more like a full size, it was very uncomfortable, and the bunk beds turned out to be very small and built into a closet. When we checked in on Friday night we found that the cabin had not been cleaned. the garbage cans were full, the backsplash in the bathroom was filthy, the kitchen was filthy, the refrigerator was leaking, there was a towel wedged under the refrigerator to catch the water, leaking out of the bottom, there was black mold on all of the windows, the walls were filthy, there were only two towels in the bathroom, and there was no coffee or coffee filter. I called the desk at 8:00 a.m. to notify the management of these conditions which I did in a very polite manner. I was suprised when an older lady claiming to be a manager started yelling at me on the phone and threating me. I asked her to calm down and that I had not meant to insult her but only to make her aware of the problem. She hung up on me and called me five minutes later demanding to know where I was as she was just in the room and had not seen me and that the room was clean. I told her that I was in cabin # 9 and that I was not in a room. She came to the cabin and after I showed her what I had asserted to she admitted that the room had not been cleaned. We went to the beach and when we returned there was an apology letter and a bottle of sparkling cider. They did appear to have done some cleaning but the cabin was still very dirty. They provided the coffee filters and some coffee and added some clean towels. When ever we tried to use a hair dryer it would trip a fuse and the only source of heat was a small space heater that also seemed to trip the electrical fuse. When we checked out they gave us $10.00 off our bill and again apoligized for there behavior. I found the view to be breath taking and you are right on the water but I will not be returning. I found the staff to be unprofessional, the cleanliness of the cabin was disgusting, and the physical condition of the cabin was sketchy at best. I have never written a review in my life and am only doing so now that I might be of some service to other families out there so that they can save themselves some anguish.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Lakewood Pierce County, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I should have used Tripadvisor before booking this hotel. I wanted something on the water with a kitchen. I stayed in the cabin and this place is right on the water. The cabin, however, is so run down it shouldn't be rented out. The windows have sticks in them to keep them shut and no screens. The sliding glass door to the patio is nearly impossible to slide. Also it doesn't close completely, also requiring a stick to keep it from being opened. The couch we didn't even sit on because of lack of springs and it was like sitting on a rock. The cabinets with the pots and pans had a strange smell in them. We slept ok in the queen-size bed but there was just enough room to walk around the bed. The caulk in the bathroom was stained and coming off. It definitely was not worth the $143 per night we were charged. Would NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!