My brother and I stayed at the Islander for three nights. First of all the facility is aged so don't expect it to be like a Holiday Inn Express. We had a room in the middle on the top floor with a view of the harbor. The room was clean, beds were confortable, good shower and overall for the value, I would stay there again. The one drawback were the thin walls. One night we had neighbors who talked until 2:00am and we could hear every word they said. So, if your a light sleeper better have some ear plugs. The staff were very nice and helpful. We had a terrific view of the harbor which was nice. The one real positive is that the wireless internet was top notch. I have never stayed at a place where the connectivity was so good. Like I said, for the age it was fine but if you expect satin sheets stay somewhere else.
- Also Known As:
- The Islander And Half Moon Bay Bar & Grill
- The Islander & Half Moon Bay Bar & Grill Hotel Westport
- The Islander & Half Moon Bay Bar & Grill Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting at the point of the bustling marina, The Islander is an accomplishment of reviving a storied past while keeping sight of the future. Since the heyday of the 60's & 70's, when the fishing industry thrived, The Islander has been a home for travelers and deck-hands alike who found themselves entranced by this majestic seashore town.Marina View rooms available. Dog Friendly rooms available upon request. Enjoy the beach view and serene sound. ... more less