“Decent Place for Good Price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Inn At The River

Inn At The River
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wenatchee
Inn At The River
You added Inn At The River to your Saves list
580 Valley Mall Pkwy, Wenatchee, WA 98802   |
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Seattle, Washington
“Decent Place for Good Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Average rooms, not overly appointed but had a fridge and lots of space. Pool and Hot Tub area is great and breakfast is included (decent for yogurt, bagels, muffins, coffee). One drawback is that you cannot book this hotel over the internet, you have to call to reserve, just like the good'ol'days.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I *LOVED* this hotel! The pool and hot tub were *Fantastic*! The breakfast was *Great*! The view from our deck was *Beautiful*! I don't know why other people think it's nasty. I thought the hotel was *Wonderful*! This is my #1 favorite hotel!

Room Tip: Get a room with a deck!
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stayed here several times in the past......and not too bad - average.

now - although it seemed overall cleaner and neater, there was one very strange thing: After getting into the room (and noticing a cheap perfume smell), I kept hearing a weird "sfffft" noise about every 15 minutes. I realized it was a battery operated perfume spritzer, located up near the ceiling. YEP - just like in a men's room in a cheap bar - it sprayed some crap perfume every few minutes. I took the batteries out so it stopped......
Why would anyone install something like this.....?

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Auburn, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

stayed there while working the central hospital had a problem with my credit card cause they cahaged me for two weeks!! so kelly ended up calling the police and sent them to where i was working by then i cleared it up ,kelly is the rudest person i experienced and should not be in any buisness, dont stay there you will regret it

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Chilliwack, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed there a couple of times, it being close to shopping and not too far from the Highlander golf course. We find it rather pricey,(compared to the "Cedar's Inn" down the street)
We stayed in room 137, pool side, quiet enough, average. The "continental" breakfast was so meager that we went to a regular restaurant instead ( "Cedar's Inn's" breakfast is really good) Next time in Wenatchee we will probably stay at "Cedar's Inn" again.

Room Tip: rooms at ground level at pool side are preferable
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Issaquah, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I called this place only because my regular places were completely booked in Chelan. The last time we stayed here (when Chelan hotels were booked solid) was 5 years ago. First off, I called and was give a rate. When I called back 10 minutes later another person gave me a rate which was $10 higher. When I inquired on the difference I was told "Kelly must have given you the AARP or AAA discount." I'm not sure why since I was never asked if I belonged to either. Moving on.... booked hotel paying the higher rate. We arrived on a Saturday and I know this place is OLD, but come on people! We get in our "NON-SMOKING" room and that NON-SMOKING Las Vegas environment smell is rather apparent. OK, you just crank up the AC in an attempt to cover up the smell of cigarettes that you THINK does the trick?! NOT SO MUCH! Ok, so after pulling back the bedspread using a hotel towel I notice a rather visible circle of dirt on the white sheet which covers the boxspring. So I pull it tout and a pillow of dust comes off. Seriously? You put a Kuerig in every room with Tully pods and you cannot have the boxspring sheets changed? GROSS! Were our sheets clean? The mattress seem very worn and old as well. Also, don't go to the pool if you don't care to be around cigarette smoke because you won't have much luck there either. All in all - this place is DIRTY and rather run down!!! We will not stay here again! My head itches just thinking about this place! I'd almost rather go camping and I DON'T CAMP!

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed here almost by accident on an impromptu road trip where we had made no reservations in advance. When we hit Wenatchee on a late Saturday afternoon in early August, all of the budget hotels were full up. Making some calls, someone at another hotel recommended this one and we snatched up one of the last rooms queen at $85/night plus tax at this non-smoking property.

The price was comparable, even slightly less, than the other budget hotels in the area that night. We were told the town mostly fills up on weekends in summer, and this was definitely the case.

The check-in was friendly and as efficient as could be with one person on staff and the phone ringing off the wall as others like us tried to grab up the last rooms available. Check out was very friendly as well, and very fast.

The parking lot is right outside the door of the hotel entrance, so I can't imagine what the reviewer meant who said it was far away. This is an inn, not a motel, although I saw a sign that said some rooms have outside entrances. Most, however, do not, and you enter the hotel through the lobby, etc. I can only imagine a person with mobility problems thinking it was a long walk.

Our room was huge and spotless with strong A/C, a fridge, and microwave. Lots of nice clean towels and good brand of toiletries, including a sewing kit--nice touch. The decor is a bit dated, of course, as budget hotels often are, but not dusty or overly worn in any way. The bed was comfy and the room came with extra pillows stored in the closet area.

My only complaint, which is only partly the hotel's responsibility, is that the room doors do not have rubber seals at the bottom of the door. There is about a 1 or 2" gap where you can see daylight, and this made for a noisy morning when early-birds (6am!) stood outside our room and had a loud conversation with others down the hall. There was no guest noise from above, below, or on either side, even though the hotel was full, but hallway conversations sounded like they were happening at the foot of our bed! Some rubber door seals at the bottom might help this, but maybe some signs in the hall reminding folks to be quiet while others are sleeping would be just as effective.

Otherwise, this is a nice clean hotel with easy access in East Wenatchee. A mall is across the street, and several chain restaurants are nearby (although I recommend going into downtown for dinner at McGlinn's Public House or breakfast at Sassy Diner). I would recommend this budget stay to anyone looking for a clean, inexpensive room for a night or two.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wenatchee
BEST WESTERN Chieftain Inn
#8 of 16 in Wenatchee
3.5 of 5 stars 410 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Wenatchee
Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee

Been to Inn At The River? Share your experiences!