“Not worth the price paid.” 2 of 5 stars

Economy Inn Wenatchee
Economy Inn Wenatchee
700 North Wenatchee Avenue, Wenatchee, WA 98801   |
Ranked #16 of 16 hotels in Wenatchee
“Not worth the price paid.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We went on a road trip and stayed at a couple different hotels and this was $40 more expensive than the other and the other one was WAY better. We did ask for non smoking and it did smell like smoke. You could see through the crack between the door and frame. It wasn't horrendous but I would much rather stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Checked in expecting hotel to be better than it was based on online reviews. After our first nights stay we woke up and left for the day. Came back expecting to get changed in our hotel room for dinner. I was met by the manager who explained that the he had moved us and our belongings without our permission. Then when asked why, because we felt that was odd, and very strange, the manager started to become upset with me. Because I felt the conversation was going no where with a very confrontational manager, I retired to my room. That night there were a lot of obnoxious noises surrounding our room. Loud cries for 1hour non stop of a baby next door, the light on our wall shaking because someone was hitting the wall of the other room next door with something hard, (sounded like hitting the wall with a baseball bat or club type object) and not to forget the women's blood curdling scream!! (Sounded as if someone wad killed) All of this in the middle of the night and ongoing throughout.
That morning i went to the office to talk to the same confrontational manager for checkout. I began to explain my concerns and he became upset at me again and told me to leave. Still have a bad taste in my mouth about that stay....... I have stayed in many hotels over the years, I have never experienced anything like this. I would never recommend to ANYONE that they stay there. Like I said.... WORST HOTEL STAY EVER!!

• Stayed July 2013
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at the Economy Inn in Wenatchee on the way home from Montana on 06 July 2013. Everything was fine until I woke up in the morning and found a bug in my bed. I didn't think much of it until I killed the bug and red blood came out of it. I then found two more in the bed and Google imaged "bed bugs"... exact match. Now that I've been home for a few days the bite marks have appeared on my body. I let the man at the counter know about the bugs that I found and he just shrugged and said that they hadn't had any problems with bed bugs before. He gave me a garbage bag when I asked for one so I could seal my stuff in it and he said sorry but that was about it. I think that bed bugs are a pretty big problem and he should have taken it more seriously instead of treating me like I was the one who brought them in. I will never stay here again (obviously) and anyone who does should do a thorough inspection of their bed first (probably should do this any hotel you stay at). What a way to end off what started as such an amazing vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Could not find a room anywheres eltse under $200.00. So we booked it and figured we would make do, Big mistake! Unconfirtable beds, filthy room, run down building, window to room won't lock, ac takes about 12 hours to cool room and a lot more........

• Stayed June 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We request a non smoking room and they put us in a smoking one. We told the front desk clerk to give us another room and he said that was non smoking room, that probably someone smoked the privious night inside the room. He told us that we have 2 options: the first sleep in that room and the other one sleep in our car cause it was memorial weekend and everything in town was sold out.
The smell of cigarette smoke was unbearable.
For the same price you can get another motel room closed by.

• Stayed May 2013
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

A busy weekend in Wenatchee what with both bowling and baseball tournaments, so motels all
booked up. As such, had to pay $85.00 for the one night. Thought this was gouging but found
that the Motel 6 was also charging the same amount ! Both motels sold out. Had a room above
the office. It was fine - no bedbugs. Service was also fine - foreign owned. Small heated pool which I did not use. There is a lounge directly across the street which was handy for adult
beverages (it was hot !). Don't know what the pricing is on an uncrowded weekend.

Room Tip: My room above the office had one double bed only in the room. It was the only room left and it was...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
kennewick
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

after reading everyones reviews i was pretty nervous to go here, we had a baseball tourny so we stayed here for 2 nights.... i dont think they allow you to only stay one night because i did try to cancel one of the nights and they wouldn't let me, but the room was clean, and they let the boys be loud and play wiffle ball in the parking lot until midnight, also the parents were pretty loud themselves and that was ok... so over all it was a good stay

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Economy Inn Wenatchee? Share your experiences!