“not so bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
kennewick
“not so bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

after reading everyones reviews i was pretty nervous to go here, we had a baseball tourny so we stayed here for 2 nights.... i dont think they allow you to only stay one night because i did try to cancel one of the nights and they wouldn't let me, but the room was clean, and they let the boys be loud and play wiffle ball in the parking lot until midnight, also the parents were pretty loud themselves and that was ok... so over all it was a good stay

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

I think the name for this motel is appropriate. I'd largely agree with the views but for the price I did not think it was that bad. There was a modest continental breakfast and the location is good, real close to Wenatchee's "downtown". I'd rather stay in Leavenworth but hotels are more there. Take a look at http://www.leavenworthwa.net.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
BELLEVUE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

After a long motorcycle ride I checked in for the night. The room was cheap and shabby but I was looking for cheap at the time. Had to call the desk to get a table to go with the one chair. After doing some work i went to go to bed and discovered bed bugs on me and in the bed. GROSS!!!! I dressed to leave and confronted the front desk employee and got no satisfaction. he did not care. Would not refund my money or even offer a discount. Found myself on the streets of Wenatchee at two in the morning! Contacting BBB next.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

I dont understand the negative reviews. For the low price we found we had no problems. Sure it isnt the Ritz, but we found everything was tidy and in order. It was quite and easy to sleep at night. The fellow at the front desk seemed pleasant and the pool was nice to take a refeshing dip in especially in the hot Wenatchee dry climate they have there! Contential breakfast was okay.... hey what do people expect for the price? We would go back

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

My family stayed at the Economy Inn during a youth baseball tournament and found the facility to have an inadequate water heating system. At times we only had cold water for bathing and had to compensate by heating water in the microwave. When attempting to address the problem with the front desk, I was referred to as a liar and trouble maker. As well as threats to throw our belongings to the curb and call the police . I would never, never, never recommend this place to anyone. The conditions and customer services were horrific.

• Stayed June 2009
BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

This place is dirty, smelly and falling apart. but the worst thing is the front desk/service. They say "no problem" as long as there are no problems. But as soon as an issue does come up, all of a sudden it is a major problem. They apparently have no desire to have repeat business as their customer appreciation is non-existant. Despite its seemingly low price, it is way over-priced for what you get in cleanliness, comfort, security and costumer appreciation. DON'T stay here any reason!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — dirty and the peope running it
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Jose
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

BEWARE!! Don't believe some of these reviews, they must have been written by whoever works there or owns the place! The place was dirty, especially the front door, with dirt, and fingerprints - it was filthy. The staff was dishonest. When I reserved the room, I asked for a smoking room. When I checked in, I confirmed with the girl at the desk that it was a smoking room and she told me it was. When I could not find an ashtray, I went to the desk to get one and I was informed that the room was a non-smoking room and they did not have a smoking room available. The clerk was not very nice at all.

The sheets had holes in them. I had to climb onto a "convienently" placed chair to access the air-conditioner controls which were at least 6 1/2 feet above the floor or better. (I am over six feet tall and I could not see the controls!)

The remote for the TV did not work. I looked at the batteries and someone had smashed them and put them back in. I went to the desk. I had to wait some time there before someone showed up. The batteries were replaced, but it didn't matter...the remote didn't work anyway!

DEFINITELY, I would recommend anywhere but here!

• Liked — ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!
  • Disliked — ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING!!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Economy Inn Wenatchee? Share your experiences!