“Pleasant, tasty meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Edmonds, Washington
“Pleasant, tasty meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We ate at the Cottage Inn on Tuesday May 7th. The item on the menu that caught my eye was the pan fried chicken. I ordered a small portion (2 pieces). It was heavenly. It brought back memories of my mother's fried chicken. Also included were mashed potatoes with country gravy, green beans and green salad. I left with a smile on my face.

In addition to the food there were two "seasoned" ladies handling the service. They was very friendly and made us feel welcome. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a good meal.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Great Throwback to Simpler Times”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I went there for lunch while visiting Wenatchee. I had seen it on Trip Advisor and we thought we'd give it a try. Both of us grew up visiting places like this while on family trips visiting rural towns in Idaho. Very homemade type of menu, real turkey, ham and prime rib rather than the processed garbage that is so common today. They also bake their own desserts and my husband drooled over all of the pies as we were leaving. The clientele is a mix of retirees sprinkled with some young people and just a couple middle aged as well. We ordered a prime rib dip and a club sandwich. The waitress warned us that the prime rib was medium well to well and she wasn't lying. It was a bit dry but it was a generous portion. The club was excellent with the lack of processed ingredients. The service is quick and the people are super nice. This isn't going to set the culinary world on fire but it was a lot of fun to reminisce and enjoy the ambiance and we'll go back for pie alone next time.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Cozy, friendly and accommodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great food, fast service. We were a large group (50) and filled the main dining room so were able to make toasts and read presentations without disturbing other guests. A totally fun evening.

Visited April 2013
Wenatchee, Washington
“country fried chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

If you like country fried chicken this is the place. Of course they have many other wonderful things on their menu but it is hard to pass up the chicken. The portions are large so we always bring enough chicken home for a second meal. This makes this already very reasonable meal a super bargain.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wenatchee, Washington
“delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

service excellent, food excellent, too bad it was dinner with family and not friends. however, that's not the restaurant's fault. next time I'll take a friend. p.s.: I hate my family, sister-in-law is an arrogant snob who works for a wenatchee real estate company, brother is whipped