“Boot camp not fine dining” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
East Wenatchee, Washington
“Boot camp not fine dining”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and adult son took me here for my birthday dinner. It was a huge disappointment!
To start we waited in a dark very small area right next to the front door. Burrrrr it was cold!
The owner Rebecca Condotta greeted us with "do you have a reservation?"My husband answered "no" she replied with a loud sigh "I will go clear a table".(Made us feel like we were a pain in her [--] ) my husband said "never mind we will go elsewhere" she said give me a minute and walked off. (Too bad we didn't escape then)
The owner/chef Rebecca Condotta then came to our table and said "what can I get you folks this evening?" We said we didn't know as we had not been given menus yet. Another loud sigh and huffed off to get menus.
We placed our order, got our wine and loaf of bread. Then came the really long wait. And I mean really long wait.
I was sipping my wine when she delivered our food. Because I wasn't quick enough to set my glass down she cleared her throat and rolled her eyes at me! I felt like I was being scolded by the house mother at an orphanage! My husband was afraid she might whack his knuckles with a ruler!
The shrimp Alfredo was almost inedible as it was covered in uncooked grated cheese (Parmesan maybe) way too salty! The pasta was mushy. The salad my husband had was nothing special for $8.00
I must admit my son and I liked her French onion soup.
My son tolerated the booth seat wobbling the whole time (diners on other side) Appears they didn't secure the booth.
When my husband mentioned to her that we were celebrating my birthday she snapped and said "I have 5 other birthdays I'm serving tonight". She couldn't even wish me a happy birthday? How rude is this?
At the end of our lousy dining experience Rebecca's demeanor seemed to have changed (or maybe she had a nice twin helping out) it was apparent to all of us that she was after a good tip. Well, sorry Rebecca. If you didn't treat customers like they were Privates in boot camp, you would have made a really nice tip.
We saw on her Facebook that she studied culinary arts at the school of hard knocks. Seems she should have considered attending etiquette and charm school instead.
We like to support local establishments, but will never return to Rebecca's.

Visited December 2013

Enumclaw, Washington
“Worthy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was in town on business and took my lover to this very romantic and intimate place. The food was choice, the service was exquisite and it even came with dessert. I enjoyed the dinner. I ordered the prime rib, perfect! The love of my life had the lamb and it was unique and super flavorful. The chef seemed a bit shy as we told her how we had enjoyed the food and the place but she smiled warmly and said she appreciated those with a discernible palate. We will be back soon, and you can bet this quaint spot will be where you can find us.

• Visited March 2013
“Rebecca's on Orondo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Chef Rebecca has such a lively passion for the food she prepares that each meal has been a wonderful and unique experience. One of the very few restaurants in Wenatchee where you find deliciously-prepared seasonal and local produce on the menu. I can't wait to see what the staff finds this spring to add to the menu. The service at this small, intimate restaurant is warm, fun and personal and we've enjoyed nice romantic evenings as well as fun family dinners where the teenagers practically swooned over the deliciousness! The rich, handmade sauces are always a highlight, but, then, so are the little unexpected extras that always manage to show up. Worth taking the time to enjoy!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wenatchee, Washington
“Now "Rebecca's on Orondo"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

First of all I would like to congratulate the owner Rebecca Condotta for an bringing great food to the Wenatchee area! Everytime I go into her establishment she treats me like a long time friend. she is incredibly friendly and passionate about her cooking.

The food is always great when I go in. Her prime rib is amazing! The stuffed mushrooms are very flavorful and a joy to eat. The crab cakes are big enough to share and full of crab (the way they should be)! The wedge salad with the lemoncello dressing (made from scratch) is big enough to be a meal. The dressing pairs very well with the blue cheese crumbles on the salad. The croutons are made by Rebecca and have basil in them...mmmmmm. The chefs butter....I just want to put it on every piece of bread I can get my hands on.

the atmosphere is nice and quiet. The booths have high backs so you don't even notice there is anyone else there, which I enjoy.

Prices are good and the dessert....vanilla bean ice cream with cognac and rasberry sauce..enough said.

I will be back again and again.

• Visited January 2013
Wenatchee, Washington
“World class all the way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Dinner was the best! The use of fresh herbs was delightful. The crab cakes were just that. CRAB cakes! The best! Thank you chef Rebecca you are an asset to our wonderful Wenatchee! Keep up the good work!!