“Another Great Meal - Gracias” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 124 Restaurants in Wenatchee
Cuisines: Mexican
Vancouver
“Another Great Meal - Gracias”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We go out of our way to stop at La Fuente for a meal. I have yet to be disappointed with the service or the food. I keep trying something different and it is always great. I will be back again and again. Friendly staff, good service, great food.

Visited September 2013

East Wenatchee, Washington
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I dropped in here because it regularly wins "Best of" awards for Mexican food in Wenatchee.We now understand why.

You gt the usual warm chips and salsa, but also another dipof shredded lettuce, tomato bits, peppers and other tasty treats. If we had nothing else we needed to eat, I could have featsted on this for some time......

For dinner:
I had the Pollo Asada Y Mas which is Char-broiled seasoned chicken breast with a choice of burrito, chimichanga, chile relleno or enchilada and served with guacamole and sour cream. I chose to have the chili relleno. The chicken was fabulous in char and seasoning. The chili relleno was delicious also. The re-fried beans were very well seasoned and I also enjoyed the rice.The dish was huge and comes out very very hot it temperature,not flavor.I was very hungry but was totally unable to eat it all and had to take the remaining half home.

My wife had the Pollo Loco......this is what I am having next time. As delicious as my food was, I loved the flavors of her dish even more. Hers had Chicken cooked with green peppers, onion and tomatoes served on a bed of rice covered with melted cheese, sour cream and guacamole. When you put this into your favorite tortilla, (hers is corn, I like flour), you have heavenly flavors just ready to "pop" in your mouth.

The flavors in each of our dishes was mild, not spicy, but of course you can spice yours up with your favorite sauce.

The check came with a sweet tortilla with whipped creme and strawberry on them.....a tasty finale'.

Maybe we are not as "discerning" as the negative reviewers for this restaurant are, but we think, as well as the Wenatchee popoluce who votes, that this is certainly a top notch Mexican restaurant that earns our business by great food, good service and very reasonable prices!

Check it out, you shouldn't be disappointed!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Kelowna, Canada
“Great 'down to earth' Mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

On recent visit to Wenatchee, we stopped into a small shop on the main street of Downtown and struck-up a conversation with its Mexican owner and his family. Since it was supper time and we wanted somethoing a little different, we asked him about the best Mex resatuarant in town. Without hestation, he recommended the la Fuente and al the reasons why. OK. He should know.
We headed over there. Place was busy (Saturday night) and we didnt mind waiting in their tiny reception area. Some folks standing next to us ordered margartias. Looked like the real thing and they volunteered the drinks were made 'the way they should be', not the pre-mixed artificial slop that most bars and restos serve. So we ordered some. The sizeable margaritas came quick enough and I can attest that it was probably the 2nd or 3rd best margarita I've had in my life (and I know how to make them); more impressive, only $6.50 per drink.
The place is not overly large, totaly unpretentious, but has a genuine Mexican feel to it. No phony sombrereos and other touristy junk for decor on the walls, like seen in most mexican wannabee places. And the service staff (mostly younger senioritas) were working their butts off, always with a smile and a happy greeting to everyone. No 'manana' attitude here. We were soon seated ordered a wonderful dish to share which was preceeded by complimentary basket of great corn taco chips and wonderful salsa. Truly home made.
Food was very good.
I truly astounded myself by not being able to finish the maragarita (had to drive afterwards); this has never happened before. We complimented her on the great taco choips and asked if we could take the remainder hoem in a small bag. She put them in a bag and even added more, for our pleasure.
We have nothing but good things to say about La Fuente.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Going downhill fast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here on ocassion for several years. Over the past 2 years the food has been going downhill quickly. The only flavor is salt, cheese, and jalapeño pepper. The atmosphere was so terribly loud; child crying, people talking excessively loyd, staff banging dishes. I also felt that because I don't speak Spanish I not treated as well as Spanish speaking clients. I will not be back

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Liberty Lake, Washington
“Boring take on Mexican...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Granted I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to Mexican food, but I think my reviews of them stay objective. Having said that I can only hope there are better places in Wenatchee for Mexican fare.

The staff was friendly and the service was overall very good. The food, however, was mediocre at best. I ordered a small combo of cheese enchilada & beef tamale. The enchilada was terrific, but the tamale was as bland as I've ever had. I'm not talking about a lack of heat...just a complete lack of flavor. Same with the rice...the beans were slightly better.

If you're looking for good Mexican food I'd recommend you keep looking.

• Visited May 2013