“Don't pay for the "Suite"” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 16 hotels in Wenatchee
Tacoma, Washington
“Don't pay for the "Suite"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn on Saturday night 9/28/2013. I was out for a weekend away with my girlfriend and her husband. We did not make reservations before we left as we did not know where we would end up. I had stayed at this location before and it was OK. Well the only thing they had available in non smoking no pets room was the suite. Now is was no suite!! 1 queen size bed and 1 hideaway bed, which they had been told about. The beds were separated by a short wall. Walked into the room and the people upstairs were showing and we could hear the water draining in the wall of the "living room". Every time they flushed the toilet you would hear it and let me tell you they used it a lot!! The hide away bed was very uncomfortable and the bed would not lay flat so I slept at an align. The floors squeeked horribly. The room just looked old. The employees were very friendly and the free breakfast was nice, I would probably stay here again but not without a reservation first!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sara Eva B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Mandytigger,

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I made a last minute call in reservation for a friend and her son, who had been up all night at the hospital because her husband had emergency surgery. The front desk staff was kind, very accommodating, worked through the booking over phone for someone else's stay and totally made my day! Another chain hotel in town, not so kind. I am a nurse and will recommend ALL my out of town patients and families go there! Exceptional service without any hassles. Thank you so much!

• Stayed September 2013
Sara Eva B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Amy L,

Kind Regards,

Comfort Inn
Wakefield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Decided to stay at the Comfort Inn in Wenatchee as a base for day-hiking the nearby Enchantments Lakes Traverse. After eight hours walking nearly 20 miles, with 1600m ascent and over 2km descent over very challenging (but extremely beautiful) terrain... I needed my rest.

So imagine my surprise, and disappointment when I Received a wake up call at 2:00 am.

I just got back to sleep when I received another at 2:20 am.

Next morning, I complained to reception. Who showed me a sheet "proving" that I had placed a request for a wake up call for rooms 235 and 233. Thing is, I was in room 235 and HAD NOT placed a request for a wake up call. Clearly the people in 233 and (perhaps) 231 had no idea what rooms they were staying in. But clearly this hotel lets people book wake up calls without checking that they are actually staying in the appropriate rooms.

A card in my room said that Comfort Inns are "Commited to your Satisfaction". But when I complained, all I got was a "Sorry".

We'll, I'M NOT SATISFIED!!!

Otherwise, this is a perfectly adequate two star motel style hotel, much like every other Comfort Inn in the USA.

But they need to do something about their procedures for accepting wake up call bookings, and their attention to customer satisfaction. Or simply stop putting cards in the room saying that they commit to customer satisfaction, if really they aren't all that bothered.

I dislike being lied to for the purposes of marketing even more than I dislike being woken at 2:0 am other a huge hike.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear DoctorDee69 ,

Comfort Inn
Many, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I flew to Washington for vacation and ended up finding out my dad was in the hospital very stressful due to I had not seen him in 3 years, I called around and finally found a hotel that was not full, The comfort inn was wonderful very nice and helpful explained everything and was accommodating for and extra night stay very clean wonderful breakfast and most of all they gave me a discount because I was in town due to my father being ill which was really nice due to being on vacation and my mother living 3 hours away I was able to have her rest in comfort after spending 8 hours a day at the hospital. Thank you for making an unexpected stay a great experience.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor which was ok they have an elevator
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sara Eva B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear samjsam ,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online Trip Advisor survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were on a road trip and had stayed at many Comfort Inns along the way. By the time we got here, we had accumulated many Choice Priviledge points and decided we should use them. My experience cashing in points before has been disappointing, as I sometimes feel we have been treated as second class citizens simply because the room is paid for with points. Not so here. It was one of the best Comfort Inns I have ever stayed in. Very clean room. Comfortable bed with great sheets and pillows. Great bathroom with strong water pressure in the shower. Nice breakfast that was left out for late travelers. The manager was helping in the breakfast area to make sure everything was filled and greeting all the guests as they entered. Our check in and check out went smoothly. Overall, we were very impressed and would definately stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sara Eva B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear JeannetteMichigan,

Olympia, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was very impressed by the staff at this hotel. They were all very welcoming. During breakfast one of the managers, Stephanie, came by making sure that everything was to my liking. I love the personal touch any place I travel. It shows owners and workers take pride in their work. I stayed by myself on this trip and my room was large, very clean, and comfortable. There are cookies to welcome you, and the breakfast in the morning was good; scrambled eggs, potatoes, cereal, bagels, juices, etc. There is a small indoor pool, hot tub, and a small exercise room. A very nice hotel for me to add to our Wenatchee trips! I had pictures to share, but can't seem to upload them!!!

Room Tip: The Cottage Resturant is close by and has good food on the pricier side. A grocery store and a Subw...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Teacher34,

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We needed one night stay on the way to North Cascades, so I didn't pick the most expensive hotel and didn't expect much. However this hotel turned out to be a pleasant surprise. The room was huge comparing with others; in addition, very clean and even had a pleasant scent. Front desk was very friendly and I noticed that they ask for every guest's experience at check out, and gave advices like "feel free to call the front desk if your neighbor is too loud". And the breakfast was far above average. Sure the building doesn't look brand new, but very decent looking, and they even installed double-pane windows. I just feel the hotel management and staff are truly working hard to satisfy their guests, and that alone is worth an excellent rating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sara Eva B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear oceanflower ,

509-662-1700

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee? Share your experiences!