“Excellent Option!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Seattle, WA
“Excellent Option!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Last Saturday we stayed there, we went to Oktoberfest in Leavenworth; this hotel was a nice option for us because all in Leavenworth was booked and we stayed with our rewards points. The only room that they had available was queen bedroom but was OK because all was booked. They received us with a bottle of water and some candy. Very fast check in; very clean room, good breakfast. The only thing that we can say is the bed is not comfortable for our taste.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Seth H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I'm very satisfied that you have found us to be an excellent option for your time at Oktoberfest, and I have a strong sense of pride knowing that you've taken the time to let other travelers know how we keep our service and cleanliness at the top of our standards. I do however apologize for the discomfort you experienced with our mattresses. I hope to have you back in my hotel before next Oktoberfest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We booked this place for a one night stay after a concert at the Gorge. When we checked in Brittany at the front desk was great. She was extremely friendly and was very excited about the concert we were going to. She gave us goody bags at check-in that included a bottle of water and some candy. She even attempted to get my friend's kids to display some form of excitement about being there. Sadly, she was unsuccessful (not surprising). The room was ok. It was kind of small. The beds were ok, not the best. Pillows weren't great. Could've used more of them in the room and I wish they had been better quality. Our view was of a train track out back of the hotel. There was a train going by when we checked in and I could not hear it through the window. The walls, however, were not soundproof. I could hear every time one of our neighbors got up and walked around or got in the shower. Cool amenity - makeup removing wipes are in the rooms with the usual shampoo, conditioner and lotion. That was a nice surprise.

The pool hours are very convenient - 6am-11pm. Breakfast was included with the room and was served from 6:30-10am. The breakfast was just ok. Orange juice was very watered down and didn't taste good. They did have warm cinnamon rolls which were probably the best thing offered. They had a few hot items - scrambled eggs (which they were out of the whole time I was down there), sausage patties which looked very overcooked, biscuits (which were hard) and gravy. The lobby and breakfast area looked very clean and like they had recently been remodeled.

The location was great, right on the end of town. There's a Wendy's and a Starbucks in the parking lot in front of the hotel, Home Depot and Walmart across the street. Overall I did not sleep well because of the pillows and the mattress but it was ok for one night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Seth H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dearest "OK for one night stay",
Brittany is definitely an asset to us here in Wenatchee! I Would like to thank you for sharing the great aspects of your stay, as well as, the difficulty you encountered while staying with us. We will be addressing all of the concerns you presented to me. We are in the process of replacing all of the pillows in our hotel and have some other exciting renovations. Hope to see you again when enjoying a show at the Gorge.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Because of a road closure, my wife and I spent an unplanned night in Wenatchee. We too a twin room at the Holiday Inn Express. It is a relatively new hotel on a main thoroughfare, close to a number of fast food outlets and strip malls, making it convenient.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool is bigger than in many similar hotels. The room was spacious and well laid out. A major bonus is that through the week, the hotel provides complementary eats in the evening. The night we were there was hamburger and hotdog night served with coffee, soda, wine or beer. We had no room left for the milk and cookies that followed.The free breakfast was also great.

We would certainly go there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Seth H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Sometimes unplanned stops are the best! I feel fortunate that you stopped at my front door! Thank you for your kind words about my property, however, I will have to say I'm flattered to hear you say that we are a newer facility. The truth is the hotel is almost 17 year old. That means we are doing our part in upholding the integrity of the building!! Thank you for taking the time to share with us and your fellow travelers.
Pottsville, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

As a person who has traveled the country extensively - this was actually one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. Every staff member I spoke with was willing to go above and beyond to make me comfortable - front desk, cleaning staff, kitchen staff at breakfast - literally every person we came across. What a pleasant hotel, I was truly impressed!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Seth H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Great to hear from such a seasoned traveler that we have lived up to your expectations! We have one goal with our guests and that is to IMPRESS! We certainly cannot wait for your next fantastic stay with us!
Prineville, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

4th time we have stayed here and will not stay anywhere else in Wenatchee. The rooms are
large, comfortable and very clean. The microwave and mini fridge are very nice to have.
The staff is very friendly and helpful, really seem to care for their guests. The hotel has milk
and cookies available each night which is a nice touch. Also they have a "dinner" each night
from 5P to 7P, ie, Taco Tuesday...

Room Tip: Love the high ceilings in the 1st floor rooms and room was quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Seth H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Greetings 4th time! Thank you for your kind sentiments, however, I must clarify as not to mislead anybody dinner is Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday only. I would very much like to meet you the next time you are in town. Don't hesitate to ask for Seth on your next visit.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Wenatchee Washington while visiting our daughter and her family. The hotel was very comfortable. The rooms were large and the whole property was very clean. The location was convenient, in walking distance of restaurants, fast food, and this being Washington state, a Starbucks. The breakfast area was very well maintained, quite large and bright. We ate breakfast there every morning, one of the perks we truly enjoy about Holiday Inn Express locations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to inform other travelers about the great experience you had here in Wenatchee. I am honored that my staff's hard work shows in the cleanliness of my hotel. Feel free to have your family join you at the pool or breakfast next time you are in town.
BC, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I read some of the earlier reviews of this property and find myself wondering if I was at the same hotel. Those who praised the spacious rooms could not have been in the standard two queen room I was given - my room was easily the smallest HIX room I have seen in North America. There is no room for a standard sink and counter in the the tiny bathroom so they moved it into the bedroom - much like your standard Motel 6 design - except they charge close to $150 a night, very poor value for the money.

I am an IHG Plat member and received no acknowledgement of status or even the basic free bottle of water, let alone an offer of an upgrade (there were better rooms available, I checked the res website), so in my books this property does not live up to HIX standards, and I won't be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Seth H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
I would like to apologize for the lack of recognition upon check-in of you IHG Rewards Platinum status. Thank you for the feedback on the standard room you stayed in. Feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss what options I have to resolve your disappointment concerning the size of our two queen standard rooms.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee? Share your experiences!