“Pleasantly surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver, BC
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

When I found this hotel in one of those coupon books you find at Denny's, I didn't have great expectations. For $79 (coupon price) - reg price $129 - we got a room with 2 queen sized beds, cookies & milk before bed, and a very nice breakfast. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits & gravy, pastries, juices, and pancakes from a very cool looking machine. The pool / hot tub area was clean, if a little small, but all in all, the stay was fantastic. The front desk staff was very nice, and didn't even change her pleasant demeanor when I pulled out my coupon, handily saving myself $50 for the night. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Seth H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We are always HAPPY to accept room-saver coupons when we have the availability! I'm overjoyed that you were able to find plenty of options at our deluxe breakfast bar. Our mission is to impress our guests, and we look forward to having that opportunity again and again. Thank you for choosing us to help you save some money!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The property is fairly new and is being maintained with much detail. This was our 2nd visit in two years and this trip was as enjoyable as the first. The breakfast is well-done, the location of the property is convenient to getting around, and the staff is positive and caring.

Have stayed at several other places in Wenatchee (Red Lion and Coast), and the Holiday Inn Express tops them by a mile.

Highly recommend this place for a visit to Wenatchee!

Room Tip: West side rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Seth H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
We appreciate your kind words! I'm glad to hear you thought our 20 year old building appeared fairly new. We have undergone many renovations over the years and work hard to keep up with the "Jones", and have another starting soon. Thank you for choosing us for your stay needs while in Wenatchee.
Mt Vernon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We've stayed here several times over the years and have never been disappointed. Online reservation worked well, the notation we were bringing a pet was not missed. As always, the front desk staff was friendly and efficient. The lobby is attractive and cheerful, elevator, stairways and halls were well lit and pleasant. Our room was inviting: nice decor, king bed, sofa, occasional chair and work desk; full mirror, well lighted sink/vanity area with hairdryer; great shower with Bath and Body Works toiletries. Everything was immaculately clean. Great buffet breakfast with something for everyone. And who wouldn't want cookies and milk before brushing their teeth for bed?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Seth H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Well, it's settled! Next time you'll have to make more time for us to take great care of you here in Wenatchee! Thank you for your loyalty over the years. We are in this business to IMPRESS OUR GUESTS!

Seth
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed here after singing a concert with a choir from Seattle. I stay often at Holiday Inn Express hotels, and this one was the same familiar comfort and quality. Front office staff were wonderful (I was EXHAUSTED), and I was able to get the room I asked for when I made my reservation (near the elevator, upper floor).

Room was reasonably nicely appointed - comfortable, nothing fancy, maybe a little dated, but clean. I REALLY like the choice of television stations (WAY more than most moderately-priced hotels). The room had a microwave and small fridge, too.

Only downside: lack of electrical outlets near the bed. There's only one, and it already has a lamp and clock radio plugged in. I usually carry my own extension cord because this is a common problem, not JUST Holiday Inn Express. I use a CPAP machine, and need to have it on the bedside table, so that means unplugging the clock radio in order to accommodate the extension cord, then replugging in the clock radio (and reversing the process when I get ready to check out). Not a huge problem, but other hotels seem to have at least one or two available outlets near the bed for things like phone rechargers, CPAPs, etc.

Like I said, not a huge deal -- I still recommend this hotel. My room was clean and comfortable, price is decent, and location is convenient to US-2. There's a Starbuck's and a Wendy's in front of the hotel, too -- easy walking distance.

Room Tip: My room was next to the elevator on the 3rd floor on the "back" side overlooking the parki...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Seth H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I hope your singing engagement was successful! I also use a CPAP and keep an extension cord in the carrying case. Unfortunately when they built this hotel nearly twenty years ago the demand for gadgetry plugins was far less. If you ever need, we do have mufti-plugs and cords available. Thanks for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to being part of your travel itinerary in the future!
Penticton, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We have stayed here before and so have my parents. Each time we visit we have a great stay.
Can't say enough about this place. Their staff go the extra mile to make sure you need everything to have pleasant stay. This time we took our little dogs and they made arrangements to have us on the ground floor easier to let them out.
Parking was ample - we even got to be their Customer of the day!:) Thanks!
Breakfast - there was always a lady stocking up and making sure things were kept tidy.
Our room was great spacious and comfy bed!
Yes, we will be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Seth H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Great to have you back in the Wenatchee Valley! We have some exciting new renovations on the way to make your stay even more comfortable next time! Thank you so much for your input. I always love to hear how we have fulfilled our mission statement. "Impress Guests"!!!
Spokane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Let me start off by saying I have stayed at this hotel multiple times over the years. It is always clean and the front office staff is friendly. My problem with this trip was the bed.....it definitely needed to be replaced because it was so soft and lumpy. I didn't sleep very well for two nights and my back really hurt both mornings! I also noticed that the hallway floors seem to be slighly caving in. Maybe I notice this because I wear Vibram Five Finger shoes. As I walked the hall to my room, it was so uneven like the plywood/particle board was starting to wear away. My other issue was the breakfast buffet. Normally, the staff is friendly and things are restocked quickly.... not this trip. I finally had to find the hostess and ask for more forks, lots of food was out and not replaced, and finally we asked about the pancake machine that needed to be refilled. I was told that it was told that they didn't have any more mix and it was 9:00 anyway. Really.... the breakfast goes to 9:30. You couldn't put a sign on the machine so people didn't keep standing there with a puzzled look on their face? I will probably stay there again, but will be cautious the next time around. If they don't start updating some of the tired features it could be my last stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Seth H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I would like an opportunity to make this situation right for you! Feel free to contact me directly at the hotel so I can update you on some upcoming renovations. I will also make a point that you or any other guest won't be disappointed with our breakfast service in the future.
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff was friendly, the breakfast items were fresh, and the room was clean and inviting. The AC unit in the room was surprisingly quiet as well. I plan to stay here again the next time I'm in Wenatchee.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the buildingl. Active train tracks are located right behind the hotel...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! We strive to impress our guests with the best in guest service, cleanliness, and quality of product. I would like very much to meet you the next time you are in Wenatchee, so don't hesitate to seek me out on your next stay!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee? Share your experiences!