“Good Value, Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 16 hotels in Wenatchee
Cochrane
“Good Value, Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Not too much to add to other comments. There was 3 couples on motorcycles and we all enjoyed our stay. Friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds, nice pool, very good breakfast. There are restaurants close by but we chose to go downtown which was a cheap cab ride. One of the best values on our 14 day road trip. Would certainly go back.

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Yakima, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stay in the Wenatchee Holiday Inn Express at least twice a year. We've only had one problem while staying here in the past. The heat didn't work, so they tried to fix it, but couldn't. We then switched rooms and everything was fine. They even put a discount on our bill for the inconvenience. They have nice, clean, updated rooms. There's a pool and hot tub that are both well maintained and have always been at the correct temperatures. There are cookies and milk offered in the evening and a fairly big selection for the continental breakfast. Also, there is a Wendy's, Mexican restaurant and Starbucks in the same parking lot. I recommend becoming a member of the Priority Club. We earn points every time we stay towards a free night, and the kids love getting a bottled water and bag of goodies when we check in. I always feel at home there and plan to return!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Buckley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I must compliment the staff at the Wenatchee Holiday Inn Express this last week. The Wenatchee area was surrounded by MULTIPLE forest fires causing the whole city to be engufed in heavy smoke for the week I was there.

The unfortunatly the fires caused most of the hotels to be fully filled up with fire crews, news media, people evacuated from their homes, all in addition to the regular prebooked travelers.

The staff was constantly upbeat, friendly and professional. I observed them assist some people who did not have previous reservations trying to find places to stay even at other hotels.

THIS SHOWS THE TRUE CUSTOMERS FIRST SPIRIT OF THIS STAFF BY PUTTING PEOPLE FIRST EVEN IF IT MEANT SENDING THEM TO A COMPETITER...

With people stressed out, tierd, feeling ill due to the smoke. This staff was awsome and did a great job and did not let it affect the great customer service Holiday Inn is known for.

I will be back. THANKS

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side are a little quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you so much for writing such a nice review for our hotel and staff. The fires were definitely an unexpected occurrence and caused a great deal of stress upon many. At the Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee our motto is "Impress Guests" and we strive to do so in every way and in every situation. It is so nice to hear that our efforts of our truly caring staff do not go unrecognized.
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee. We look forward to seeing you in the future and hopefully with no fires or smoke.

Charlotte Mayo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was my second year in a row stay at HIE in Wenatchee. My stay was uneventful and pleasant. It's a pretty good location and one of the best hotels in town. I enjoy that I can walk to Starbucks each morning to go along with my cinnamon roll from the hotel. Thank you for recognizing my traveler status and helpful attitudes with any questions I had.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we greatly appreciate it. It was nice to hear you enjoy your time with us and continue to choose us for your hotel needs. I have to agree having Starbucks near by has been amazing. Thank you once again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Reasonable price, nice room layout, very comfortable bed, generous complimentary breakfast, ample parking and warm staff. Our Labor Day stay was "excellent" with me. (The hallway carpet pattern is too busy is the worst I've got.) Particularly enjoyed the close proximity to the riverfront park for a very long morning walk.

Room Tip: 321's view is of the Dumpsters below. The early morning garbage pick-up was a brief bother. Ch...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
First of all thank you for taking the time to complete an online review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to visit the riverfront park and walking trail. I also wanted to tell you that we are always updating our hotel and the hallway carpet is already scheduled to be replaced this next spring. We hope you will continue to choose us for all future reservations.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Buyer Beware!

I don't think I've ever given a one star review for a business before but this one is deserved.

I made my hotel reservation through American Airlines credit card booking and fully paid through that booking agent a month prior to my stay. Upon arrival I showed my reservation and receipt to the front desk and got my keys. So far so good.

When I got home I checked my credit card statement and the hotel charged my card for $120 although I had already paid for my booking!

I had already paid for the reservation through the airlines website and had my receipt. The charge cleared my credit card statement last month and yet the hotel charged me again upon my stay.

This is not acceptable. I contacted my credit card company and told them what happened. If I had never checked my statement (which of course I do) I would have paid twice for the night. I wonder how many other people have been double-charged.

If you stay here and book through an agent rather than the hotel directly, CHECK YOUR STATEMENT!

As far as the actual stay, it was fine. I would give them an a-okay 3 stars. $125 was what I paid through the American Airlines booking site for 1 night with 2 queen beds so it was reasonable. It is Wenatachee, after all.

Downers: thin walls, mini fridge had a bad odor coming off of it like bad cheese. It didn't appear to be dirty or have old food in it but it smelled.

I would not stay here again! I am going to call the hotel and tell them how unhappy I am.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here for four days while I was teaching at a conference. The hotel was incredibly busy the entire week, yet the staff always remained helpful, friendly and attentive. Building is well kept. Workout room is small -- REALLY small -- but clean. Plenty of parking. When I discovered I had forgotten something in my room, the Houskeeping supervisor, Jamie, knew immediately what I had left and sent it off in the mail within 24 hours. When I had an issue regarding my room, the manager was attentive, apologized and offered to fix the problem herself. I recommend this place. I'm staying there next year!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express during your recent conference in Wenatchee. Our hotel motto is "impress Guests" so it is nice to hear you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I am sorry to hear you found our fitness center to be on the small side but I hope you were still able to get in some good workouts during your stay. It is also good to hear Jamie was able to return your forgotten item quickly and I will pass on your appreciation. We look forward to seeing you next year. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee? Share your experiences!