“A little outdated, but priced accordingly” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1017 N Wenatchee Ave, Wenatchee, WA 98801-1574   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Spokane, United States
“A little outdated, but priced accordingly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Popcorn ceilings, two knobs for the hot and cold in the shower. So it's somewhat outdated, but has been very well kept. The price seems to reflect that it's outdated, so it's still a good value. Everything else is very clean and the staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWChieftain, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chieftain Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Timothy K,

Thank you so much for taking the time in filling out a survey on TripAdvisor and thank you for your stay at the Best Western Chieftain Inn.

We try very hard to keep up with the hotel and I'm sorry to hear that you feel it's outdated. We've done some remodels in 2007 and 2009 and we're always improving but all and all, we appreciate your feedback.

We hope to see you soon but if not, we all wish you safe travels and to take care. Again, thank you for taking the time for filling out the survey.

Best Western Chieftain Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
Maple Ridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel when we went to the Gorge Amphitheater for a concert. It's only about 45 min from the Amphitheater which worked for us. The staff were friendly and our room was clean. We were on the lower floor and we had a patio which was nice. This hotel has a out door pool which we didn't get a chance to use. The free breakfast was better than I thought it would be. It was help yourself and they had waffles, scrambled eggs, sausages, cereal, yogurt, toast, bagels, scones,coffee, juice, and tea. There is a railway track right next door but to my surprise we didn't hear it once we were indoors. The only thing I didn't like about this hotel is the walls are paper thin. I could hear the people upstairs and next door and they weren't overly noisy.

Room Tip: I would ask for a top floor room as to not hear people walking above.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Liverpool17,

Thank you for your stay at the Best Western Chieftain Inn! We appreciate your business and we hope to see you soon again.

We hope that the concert went well for you and the staff and I are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Again, we hope to see you soon. Do take care and safe travels!

Olympia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel one night. The front desk agent staff were extremely friendly, The lobby was clean and bright. The room was nice and comfortable and exceptionally clean. We will stay in this hotel next time we are in town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Taghi G,

Thank you so much for taking the time in filling out the survey on TripAdvisor and most of all, thank you for your stay at the Best Western Chieftain Inn! We appreciate your business!

Staff and management are very please to hear that your stay went well. We hope to see you soon!

We wish you happy holidays and safe travels!

Take care!

Grand Forks, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Needed a handicap room, Room was extremely large very nice if in a wheelchair lots of room to more around with running into furniture, ground floor easy access to patio, extra large door from room to deck.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Patti G,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Best Western Chieftain Inn! We appreciate your business and loyalty to our hotel.

We're very please to hear that our handicap room worked well for you.

We hope to see you soon again. Happy Holidays and take care!

Sedro-Woolley, Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I reserved a room for the night for my mom and grandma and I. So we could have a fun day. I told them I needed a handicap room for my grandma that's in a wheelchair. No problem they say. We pay and the next day we arrive after driving all day in 98 degree heat. The girl that checked us in is totally clueless. We go to the room and I hardly fit in the bathroom let alone a wheelchair. So I go and tell her. She says sorry that's all we have we don't have any handicap rooms only one with one bed. I asked how that happened she didn't know. They wouldn't get use a rollaway bed for that room. I asked for a manager. They all went home she says. she says there's nothing I can do for you. I was POed by this time. She wouldn't do anything for us. Except call a couple other hotels. We ended up getting a room at the Red Loin for $40. more. They treated us with respect and we had a great stay in there big handicapped room.

Room Tip: Have them send you and Email with what you have agreed upon.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
BWChieftain, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chieftain Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Kendra,

Thank you for taking the time in filling out a survey with TripAdvisor!

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. When it came to your reservation, you booked it through Expedia which is a 3rd party website. As mentioned to you at the time of arrival, when we receive those reservations, we only get a name and a phone number. When it came to your reservation, there was no special request that you needed a handicap accessible room which we were booked for that night. My front desk agent did try their best to accommodate you since Expedia didn't clarify with us that you needed a handicap accessible room. I apologize it didn't meet your expectations. I feel that the front desk agent did try their best by going out of their way to transfer your Expedia reservation to another hotel. It was a very busy night for Wenatchee and I feel the front desk agent did well in trying to help you. Again, I apologize it didn't meet your expectations and hope that you may consider us again.

Do take care and safe travels!
Bloomington, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed there on. Sept 9. The reception, room and breakfast were all great. The downside of the night was the bonehead truck driver from Food Services of America left his reefer unit parked outside the room and the unit fired up ever half hour....all night. I told Mei-Lan the GM of the hotel about it in the morning, apparently the driver was told previously about it. No body cares. A regular customer (truck driver) is more important that a casual guest?

Room Tip: Check to see if the truck is in the parking lot and get the problem rectified before you go to bed.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Parksville,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback on TripAdvisor. It's very much appreciated!

I apologize that I didn't meet up to your expectations. We value all our customers and I apologize you feel that we don't care.

As mentioned upon your check out, I said I would check to see if there is a way to have the guest turn off their refrigerator the next time they stay with us but considering it's a food truck, I can't make any guarantees but we would try our best. If you could have let us known that evening, we could have moved you to another part of the building to avoid that noise. I'm sorry you feel the truck driver is a "bonehead". This truck driver is just as human as you are and they're only trying to do their job.

Again, I apologize that we couldn't meet up to your expectations. We hope you do consider staying with us again and if you do, please let us know if any issues during your stay right away so that we can make it better for you.

Do take care and safe travels to you!

Bellevue
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Nice hotel, great breakfast, kid friendly, clean pool and spa, spacious rooms.
We took in a Beach Boys concert in Manson and stayed here two nights. The staff is ALWAYS friendly and helpful, the ownership should reward them and be proud how they are maintain their asset. I always chat with the house keeping and maintenance guys at the pool, nice people.
My daughter loves staying her and LOVES their pool! I know it looks dated compared to newer properties in town but this wont disappoint!

Room Tip: W asked for closer to the pool, they gladly accommodated. We like the first floor as there is no ele...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Chieftain Inn? Share your experiences!