“Reat but...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 hotels in Wenatchee
A TripAdvisor Member
“Reat but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Every thing was great except the amount of noise in the hall as we were across from the food preparation area- Room 138 and woke up to that noise at 5:00 am. In the future I will make sure this Room is not ours.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

231 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is the 7th year we have stayed at The Cheiftain Inn. We look forward to it every year. Big hallways and big rooms. Lots of character in how they are decorated. Very friendly staff. Very good breakfast. Can't imagine staying anywhere else when we are in the area.

Room Tip: We really likie the king rooms. Haven't stayed in any others. all the rooms we have stayed in...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

mansfield wa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I Stayed for a weekend away. We have 5 kids so this was a much needed stay. The hotel was fine until I checked the bank account to see if our room had cleared. Oh yes did it clear not only we were charged for the room we were charged $250.00 for suposedly smoking heavly in the room. We did not smoke in the room and i tried to explan that to the manager who did not listen to a thing i said to her. I told her that the $ she had taken from our account was going to hurt our family she said that my personal problems were not her concern. She said there was an empyt cig. pack in the garbage and that was her evidence of the smoking. I burned a cinamon candle all weekend and told her that is what she should have smelt she said no sign of a candle. I told her that was a lye then her lyes got bigger. I will never stay there again and i hope that people know they can say and charge you what they want and not care about the customer

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BWChieftain, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chieftain Inn, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Sharon,

Thank you for submitting your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I'm certainly sorry that you felt I was lying to you about the smoking charges but as you mentioned during our conversation, you said your husband smokes and after talking to customer care, you said you couldn't say for sure that he smoked on the balcony or not even though during our conversation, you said you were with him the whole time.

We found ashes on the bed and on the night stand and you said they were "fuzzies" from your new jammies but after wiping down the night stand, these "fuzzies" smeared.

There was more than one employee who confirmed that room was smoked in so I'm not making up any "lies". I'm sorry that you feel that I was.

You were aware of the fees if the room was smoked or smells or smoked by signing the registration card. Our registration card clearly states that we are 100% Non-Smoking hotel. No smoking and or any other substance allowed in the rooms. A $250 charge will be posted to your account if room smells of smoke or room has been smoked in. You will be charged if you smoke on the patio and or balcony. No smoking within 25 feet of building.

The reason for the fee is because we have to do a special cleaning so other guests who are allergic to smoke are not affected by it.

Thank you again for taking the time in giving feedback.

Ellensburg, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here to do Christmas shopping with family. The room was nice and roomy, comfortable bed and the breakfast had a good variety including peanut butter. We would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: good nearby shopping and resturants but the streets do not have a lot of crosswalks
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Covington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our room smelt of cigarette smoke to the point that I asked to be moved to another room. I had called earlier in the evening to have the room temperature set around 70 degrees because the previous year the room was set at 55 degrees and it took about 3 hours to warm up because the heating unit was of poor quality. The room heater was not even turned on this year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWChieftain, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chieftain Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Antonio,

Thank you for taking the time in filling out a review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to the staff and management.

Again, I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of your stay. Do take care and safe travels!

1017 N Wenatchee Ave
Wenatchee, WA 98801
509-665-8585
Fax 509-665-9745
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I spent two nights at best Western but then moved across the street to TraveLodge for almost half the price. The room and amenities at best Western are much nicer than TraveLodge but the hotel is right next to the railroad tracks. The noise from the trains continue throughout the night making it difficult to sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! Your feedback is very important to us!

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I apologize for the train noise. That is something we cannot control; however, there are certain parts of our hotel that we can place you in so the train noise wouldn't bother you.

Do take care and safe travels!

1017 N Wenatchee Ave
Wenatchee, WA 98801
(509) 665-8585
Fax (509) 665-9745
Olympia, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Front desk personnel were nice and accommodating. Great cookies in the front room. Room was clean, lighting okay, bed comfortable. The only problem was that there was no hot water in the shower. Big deal because it was quite cold outside.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Chieftain Inn? Share your experiences!