“Must be the best place in Wenatchee” 3 of 5 stars

Coast Wenatchee Center Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 North Wenatchee Avenue, Wenatchee, WA 98801   |
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Seattle, Washington
“Must be the best place in Wenatchee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2006

We have stayed in most of the motels in Wentachee that are supposed to be good, and of them all, this one is best.

This property is a hotel rather than a motel. The rooms are on the average-to-small side, but they are attractively decorated in a typical *** fashion.

The rooms facing the river are most desirable. When I complained that the room we were given was too small, we were moved to room 641, which is on the NE corner of the building with one window facing east and another facing north. This was by far the best experience we have had staying in Wenatchee.

At check-out I noticed that this hotel seems to be favored by well-dressed business travelers.

Stayed June 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Montesano, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2006

Myself and some of my work colleagues stayed here during a conference that was being held at the attached convention center. With our conference being held right next door, I have to give at least one point for the convenience of not having to drive or walk very far to our classes every day. I'll give half a point for pretty comfortable beds, and another half a point for a nice outside hot tub. That's about all they get from me. This place looks okay on the surface, but upon closer inspection you start to realize how dated and worn out everything is. I've stayed in $30.00 a night "no tell motels" that were nicer than this place. My laundry list of gripes:

Tiny bathrooms that have no fan. Everytime you take a shower you steam up the room, everytime you do "your business," well, the room smells like that for an hour or so. The towels don't smell clean.

Painted brick walls between rooms, reminds me of living in a college dorm.

Worn out carpet, pieces of ceiling peeling away.

Two outlets in the entire room that we could find. My roommate and I were constantly fighting to charge laptops and cell phones.

Front desk that insists on putting a "hold" of $20.00 on your credit card for incidentals. I've heard of places doing this before, but have never stayed at one. It is my understanding that such "holds" aren't allowed by some credit card companies and in some cases they supposedly can impact your credit rating if someone happens to pull a credit report on you while the hold is on your card.

I guess you could do worse, but not a whole lot worse. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2006
Washington State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2005

3 day conference at Wenatchee, staying at the Coast Conference Center Hotel.

the hills surrounding the town (city?) are gorgeous. they are pretty bare right now, but roll and peak all around, with pretty large houses on them that must have an incredible view. I loved the pass on 97, windy though. and it was 100 degrees while we were there, with forest fires all around. made for some pretty sunrises and sunsets. so, dusty, hot, windy. the people were very nice. the Columbia River is beautiful with many water activities. the hotel could use some rennovations.

the pool was nice, but only 3.5 feet deep. can't even do decent water aerobics in a pool that shallow. two nights it was plum full of kids too. two hot tubs, both very clean and running well. seemed wierd to get into a hot tub when it was so hot outside but we did for a few minutes cause the chairs in the seminar rooms were terrible. we both had back spasms, tired bottoms, and had to walk miles to work out the kinks each night. all of the chairs were split, torn, broken, wobbly. the tables wobbled when you moved anything and you were always disturbing your neighbor trying to write if you bumped the table at all.

the food was excellent at the buffets from our conference. healthy choices were included which is what I ws looking for. our room was okay, ceiling panel falling down, no fan in bathroom, but clean, and the air conditioner was great and a total necessity. three towels for 2 beds. which one of us didn't get a towel for our hair? and there were not enough plug ins.

the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. they did honor the government per diem rate. the coffee in the lobby could have been better. kept running out, not enough supplies.

the conference room was the worst. totally freezing one second, to where you wished for a blanket and a heater, and totally cooking the next. the entire three days of the conference this room had issues.

the public bathrooms in the conference center needed repairs as well. some of the paper dispensers actually had duct tape holding them closed. several were empty of supplies.

I am sure there is a water shortage cause all of their landscaping everywhere looked parched, dried up and full of spider webs. (sorry, the gardener in me understands low maintenance and lack of water so I would notice). they needed to do plants that can survive desert conditions, not plants that need a lot of water to look attractive. When they did water, it ran down the sidewalk and nicely watered the street.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2004

This hotel had terrible service. They booked the wrong room for the wrong amount of days, could not find the reservation and wanted to charge me extra money to fix their mistake! Try the La Quinta in Wenatchee, much better!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2004

I stayed in August, 2004. This is a very nice hotel. The staff were very helpful. The room was neat and clean and enjoyable. The room service food and the food at the Roaster was excellent. The elevator has a glass wall so you can enjoy the view of the river on your way to your room. It is located near the river and there is a lovely river walk nearby. I would highly recommend a stay here.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2004

Stayed at the Westcoast Wenatchee hotel for two days with two 13 year old girls. Loved the indoor/outdoor pool and two spas.The room was large and comfortableand clean. Large vanity area-great for teenage girls!! Could tell this is an older hotel but it is well taken care of. Staff very friendly and helpfull. I got this hotel through priceline and am glad I did!! (The price was great too!!). Also, loved the OWL soda fountain across the street!!

Kent, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2004

My boyfriend and I stayed a night at the Coast Wenatchee Center (formerly WestCoast Wenatchee) on 7/24-7/25 and enjoyed our stay. It seemed to be a pretty busy weekend at the hotel, as a wedding party was staying there too. Front desk staff were pleasant as they checked us in.

The room w/ king size bed that we booked was very nice (and comfortable) and the hotel overlooks either the Columbia River or the mountains (we had the view of the mountains, but I think either side is nice (i'd recommend getting as high a floor as you can so you have a nice view - we stayed on floor 7 - there's only 8 floors of rooms with the 9th being the restaurant at the top).The A/C kept the room nice and cool and they have a coffee maker in the room (which is a plus for me) with nice, clean bathroom & bath amenities.

It was a very hot weekend, so the pool was crowded (what pool isn't crowded on a hot, summer day?). The pool is open from 6am to midnight (with adults only from 10pm to midnight). They have a restaurant upstairs which was pretty good (we ate on the bar side). There seemed to be other places to eat nearby too. They have towels at the pool area to dry off with, but they ran out while we were there, so when I asked the front desk for more towels, someone was there in a matter of minutes with a big, pile of towels.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Coast Wenatchee Center hotel and would stay there again if we're in the area.

Been to Coast Wenatchee Center Hotel? Share your experiences!