“Clean, quiet and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Coast Wenatchee Center Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 North Wenatchee Avenue, Wenatchee, WA 98801   |
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Graham, Washington, United States
“Clean, quiet and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. the rooms were comfortable and clean. We went to the pool and jacuzzi area twice - both times had the place to ourselves. The days we were there the hotel wasn't very busy. ice machines, beverage and snacks just down the hall. We ate breakfast at the top of the hotel which was very good. went up to take a look in the evening and the views are spectacular. would have stayed to eat but we weren't hungry until after they closed so headed down the street to an all-nighter for a midnight snack. overall a good experience that I would recommend.

Room Tip: maybe a l lower floor has better pressure for the shower
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Olympia, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The room I stayed in was very nice. Parking is adequate. The hotel connects to the Conference Center which makes for a pleasant stay if you are attending a conference there. The reason I am only giving a 3 rating is that the phone system was down and staff had no work around for room service. I used my cell phone to call the front desk who just said "sorry" the phones are working. It seems that someone in the restaurant could have used a cell phone to take orders.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
freyda, General Manager at Coast Wenatchee Center Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you very much for your review and choosing to stay with us! We apologize for the issues you experienced with the phone system and look forward to having you again for a more enjoyable stay in the future, now that our phones are back up and running!
Federal Way, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had never stayed here and was not sure what to expect. The lobby is beautiful and inviting. The staff were accomodating at every turn! Nice amenities. The meeting space is so convenient across the sky bridge. Lots of windows to take in the beautiful sunrise and sunsets. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
freyda, General Manager at Coast Wenatchee Center Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We’re very pleased with your comments and look forward to seeing you again soon! We hope you get a chance to dine at Rivertop Bar & Grill during your next visit; they are on the top floor of our hotel and offer an incredible view of the sunrise and sunset!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We booked a room for one night at this hotel for the Leavenworth Oktoberfest. It was just about flawless. The shuttle picked us up right out front for $10 and dropped us back off after we were done at the festival. Made the whole weekend easy and fun. Nice facilities, good breakfast at the hotel bar and grill. Clean and a good value. Indoor and outdoor pools and hottubs. Convienient location. I would stay here again for a short weekend trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
freyda, Manager at Coast Wenatchee Center Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during the Leavenworth Oktoberfest! We’re thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay and are glad you found our shuttle and other amenities convenient! We hope to see you again next year, if not sooner!
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We needed a hotel for one night while on the road. We have stayed at numerous other Coast Hotels and been very satisfied. The Coast Wenatchee Center was no exception and was a good value. It isn't fancy. However, the lobby area, halls, our room and the upstairs dining area were clean. The staff was friendly. Our breakfast was good and reasonably priced. We didn't use the pool. The room was large overlooking the train tracks (didn't hear any trains) and the Columbia River. There is ample parking. We opted to park in the front of the hotel as the back large lot looked a bit deserted. The hotel is located in the downtown area with shops and restaurants within easy walking distance. A good choice in Wenatchee.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tacoma, Wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Location = A+; Size = A; Dining = B+; Pool = A+; Parking = B; Room = A; Lobby = B+; Check-in = B; Elevators = B; Views = A; Bed = A; HVAC = A; Bathroom = A; Staff = A

I Stayed here two nights mid July 2012 for business. This hotel is location in the historic downtown area of the City.

Location/Size: It is a single building, with about 8 floors. The top floor is the restaurant and lounge with terrific views. The bottom floor is the pool and hotel offices. hotel is next door to the Convention Center / Performing Arts building. There is a sky bridge from the Hotel lobby to the Center. The bridge is covered but not enclosed.

While located in the Historic downtown of the City, I walked some ten blocks down, one block up and then back the ten blocks. There are some shops, offices, banks, limited bars and other businesses. It's not really a touristy downtown. There are no convenience stores or corner markets within close walking distance. There is one health foods/organic store where you could find some kind of personal sundries but not your normal Rite Aid, Safeway or other store for basic provisions. For that you must drive (or walk) about a mile+ down the street.

Dining: The River Top Bar & Grill is located on the top floor. It has great views of the Columbia River, River park, bike trail and rolling hills on the one side and a City view and hillside on the other side, both sides making for some great atmosphere with large windows. Pretty standard menu selection, breakfast, lunch or dinner, average pricing.

The full service lounge is separate, immediately off the modest dining room. It has a locking iron gate keeping it inaccessible from the dining room when the lounge is not open. When open, the lounge is well lit either by natural lighting via the windows, or regular lighting after sundown. There are HD Flat screen tv's a several locations making game watching pretty easy. I was there during the week and it was relatively quiet, but I believe they may have occasional weekend entertainment.

Pool: While I did not swim on this trip, I checked out the pool since I felt this would be a great place to bring the family while in the area. Located on the ground floor this is an indoor/outdoor pool. There is an archway that separates the indoor pool from the outdoor pool allowing swimmers to go between both. There are two in deck hot tub/spas, one indoor and one outdoor. Towels provided on deck, restrooms off deck and plenty of windows for natural light. I think my kids would love it! Locking key-card access gate.

Parking: The hotel is on a slight hill so the main entrance is on one street with limited front parking and drive through load/unload zone, while the back of the hotel is on another street with slightly more parking. The back has a rear, key coded entrance after hours. There is additional parking in back, behind the convention center as well which I'd expect to handle near capacity overflow.

Room, Bed & HVAC: My room was on the sixth floor, river side view. Spacious, and comfortable king bed, like six pillows with plenty of walking space on either side and the end. Two standard night stands with lamps and one alarm clock. A desk to one side of the bed with another lamp and easy outlets to plug in a lap top or cell phone charge. No more plugging into a wall in the corner or down low. There are sheers and room darkening drapes on the windows, a must in my book! HVAC directly under the window with sufficient controls: AC, heat, fan only, high, med, low. I like the "white noise" affect so it worked well for me. Not thermostat on the wall, adjust directly at the unit which is a bit dated, but functional.

On the wall opposite of the bed is a chest of drawers and a armoire. There is no closet and the armoire is when I hung my clothes and kept my travel bag. There is a flat screen 32" HD TV mounted on the wall and very visible. I believe it was a Panasonic Viera cast TV (I have the same at home).

The bathroom has two sections: vanity and mirror is separate from the toilet and shower/tub making it more functional if there are two of you. Large vanity mirror and well lit, normal amenities: dryer, single cup coffee maker, water glasses. There is also a mini fridge under the counter for you own personal storage which is nice. Both sections are tiled with neutral colors and decor. Water pressure in Shower was mild just as many hotels have gone to.

Lobby:The main check-in desk is just inside the main entrance at the left while the modest lobby is at the right, modest in size, but stylish in decor. There is a fireplace on the main wall, large mantel and attractive decor, wing back chairs and matching couch. Modest table and chairs for casual meeting in the open. There is also a mini grand piano off to one side. One side of the lobby consists of large windows making for good, natural lighting. The business center is just off this room with two work stations. Separate glass door for privacy if needed.
Refreshments, coffee, water are on a side table in this lobby too. Again, the Sky bridge to the Convention center is off the corner of the lobby.

Check-in: just to the left inside the main entrance. Looks to be two stations. I would expect this to be crowded and maybe slow at peak capacity but on my visit it was quick and easy. The elevators are immediately ahead and right of check-in so again, I think during peak capacity there would be a log jam here.

Staff: Was very friendly and professional at each encounter: check-in, lobby question, lounge, dining and check-out.

Room Tip: Riverside view is awesome! Request an upper room! Parking in front gets your car more shade.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I booked this over 6 months before our stay to see DMB at the Gorge, so I bid & got an amazing rate! I'm always wary when i get such an amazing deal. What a pleasant surprise this hotel was! Great location on a cute Main St right in downtown Wenatchee! Close to everything! Shopping, boutiques, dining, bars! You name it! Everything within walking distance. The double queen room had a nice view, albet of the train tracks, but the river & mountains/hills were very pretty. Room was very large with desk, dresser, armoire. The bathroom sink, counter, & mini fridge was open to the room with tub & toilet behind. Beds & pillows were very comfy! Not to hard or soft. I think the construction was brick, so very quiet between the rooms. Only problems was hallway noise, there was a larger than average gap under the door so maybe this is why. We didn't get back to the hotel from the concert until close to 2am every night & tried to be as considerate as possible, but families getting up early in the morning while we tried to get some sleep were not as considerate unfortunately. Oh & also not enough plugs for all our electronics!! And they were hard to find! Eventually I had to unplug the desk lamp because I couldn't find any others & I'm paranoid about plugging in expense electronics in the bathroom next to the coffee. Some of the room's decor & furniture is a bit outdated & needs updating style wise, but everything was clean & well maintained - the better quality mattress & pillows is much more important to me than the decor!! Overall, a great experience for the money! I would definitely stay again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
freyda, General Manager at Coast Wenatchee Center Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you very much for leaving a detailed review of your stay. We're glad you were comfortable at our hotel and appreciated your comments about our location and property. We're glad you enjoyed Wenatchee; we're looking forward to seeing you again!

Been to Coast Wenatchee Center Hotel? Share your experiences!