“Great little mini getaway.” 4 of 5 stars

10 E. Alderbrook Drive, 10 E Alderbrook Drive, Union, WA 98592   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Union
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle
“Great little mini getaway.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband and I decided to bring the kids to Alderbrook for Easter for one evening. It was a nice little mini getaway from the city. We got lucky with excellent weather, but we thought thought that the resort was nice enough to enjoy even on a rainy day. We loved the indoor pool, and our boys liked playing with XBOXs in the game room. The service was great all around, too. They gave our kids buckets with shovels to go out on the shore to explore.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
FrankJKenny, Public Relations Manager at Alderbrook Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
DAVTseattle, Sounds like you have a fun family get-away. That is what we are here for. Glad your boys got to enjoy the very cool X-box game room. Sounds like they liked exploring the shore too. We are so grateful to guests like you that make what we do so enjoyable. It is our pleasure. ~Frank

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We have been to the Alderbrook a dozen times at least and find it the best getaway close to Seatlle for beauty of environment, relaxation, spa treatments and dining!

• Stayed March 2012
Jyotikatara, Thank you so much for the positive review and for being repeat guests. 12 stays is quite a commitment on your part and we are very grateful to you. Thank you for allowing us to be of service and part of your travel memories. We are looking forward to visit 13. ~Frank
Federal Way, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I went to Alderbrook Sun. Apr 1 - Tues. Apr. 3 2012. I went with my spouse and 3 young kids, ages 7 and under. My husband and I just wanted a local get-away. We had a great experience. They had a good deal. I had a good experience when I spoke with their reservations person and front desk when I had questions before I made my online reservation. Check-in was easy. Our room was clean and well-appointed. The staff were friendly and helpful. The facilities are very nice and the view is amazing. We found Alderbrook to be kid-friendly, especially with the pool and Xbox Room and little playground. This is a pet-friendly place so my kids were thrilled with the resort cats in the lobby. With 3 young kids, we opted not to eat the at restaurant because the prices were expensive and we wanted to be more relaxed rather than on our guard making sure our kids were super well-behaved . . . however, I got the impression the Alderbrook restaurant would have been kid-friendly, I'm just the type of person that worries about other diners. Within 2 miles of Alderbrook, we ate at the Robin Hood restaurant, at the a local deli, and at 2 Margaritas, a Mexican family restaurant, which were all much more reasonably priced and had great food. Otherwise if you want to eat cheap you have to drive 20 minutes to either Sheldon or Belfair. Check-out went smoothly. We were there at a time when the resort did not have a wedding and was not at full capacity, which seems to be a key element in the negative reviews. We had a great time and we would definitely return. Also, it should be noted that I spent a lot of time researching the resort, the room options, the packages, and the area for other restaurants so I knew what my options were and made my reservations accordingly and saved money and got what I expected.

Room Tip: When making room reservations, pay attention to whether the room is ADA or not and what kind of view...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
FrankJKenny, Public Relations Manager at Alderbrook Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Michelle G, Thank you for such a thoughtful review. We are glad you and your family enjoyed yourselves. The X-box game room is truly a joy to the little kids (and the big kids too). We hope to be able to serve you and yours again soon. And thank you for writing about the other amenities in the community of Union. It is a very special place. ~Frank, for Alderbrook Resort and Spa
Bremerton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Whike I did not stay at the Alderbrook Inn, I did have an excellent lunch at the restaurant with three other companions. One of my friends and I had the seafood salad which was like a Chef salad and seafoof salad combination. There was plenty of crab and baby shrimp along with egg, olives, cheese and lettuce. I had a Bloody Mary garnished with pickled asparagus, picked beans, olives, pearl onions and two crab claw pincers. Although the Mary was a bit spicy for my taste, it was hard to fault, The complimentary bread basket was rosemary infused and accompanied with a rosemary butter. One of my campanions had a burger which he liked very much and the birthday boy had a filet mignon off the dinner menu which he throughly enjoyed.
It was good to see the Alderbrook Inn looking so grand after a few changes in ownership. Our waitress was very helpful and accommodating. This place is out in the middle of nowhere so unless you are staying at the Inn or driving around Hood Canal (a trip I would recommend) you are not likley to visit this restaurant unless it it your destination. Expect higher prices like any upscale restaurant. You won't be disappointed with the food.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
TerryH69, Thank you so much for the review. We are delighted that you enjoyed the seafood salad and that your friends enjoyed their meals. Maybe the next time you need to "get away from it all" you can stay a day or two at Alderbrook and treat yourself to the spa and the restaurant as you recreate. Thanks again. ~Frank
Couple in Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The magic is in the details and Alderbrook has got that down. As we arrived in our room the music was playing, a card telling a local story with a skipping rock was resting on the bed, our bottle of wine was set for immediate enjoyment, and the honor bar was stocked. As we walked the grounds we noticed the grounds keeper lighting fires all over the resort. The site was well maintained and the game room was a high tech gamers dream.

Prices for food was around $19 for breakfast in bed to $35 for dinner entree at restaurant. We enjoyed each meal and noticed the care the executive cheif put forth. Be prepared to spend some money, but you won't mind as you will really enjoy your stay.

• Stayed March 2012
FrankJKenny, Public Relations Manager at Alderbrook Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Onnopia, Thank you for the kind review. We are so glad that your enjoyed yourselves. We hope to be able to serve you again in the not to distant future. Be well. ~Frank for Alderbrook
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This was my second trip to Alberbrook and stayed in the family cabins both times. The cabins make you feel like you are far removed from reality yet have all the luxurious ammenities you could want! I am always amazed how beautiful the resort is upon arrival. The staff are professional, friendly, and always greet you with a smile. They make sure their guests are fully enjoyng their stay. They have a new XBOX game room (that has Kinect) which I have to admit not just fun for the kids! They also have a few hiking trails that we hiked on with beautiful views. The pool/spa are always fabulous and the food is utterly amazing! Everything from their burgers to the shrimp is unbelievable! The bar is perfect for an intimate setting or to socialize and meet great people from around the world. I recommend this to everyone I know and will definately go back again and again!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you Cathy S for the fab review. When we read, and share with the staff, reviews like yours it just rings home how much people enjoy and remember fondly Alderbrook. Hope to see you and yours again soon. Thanks for mentions the X-Box room, the pool, spa, food, and cabins. ~Frank
University Place, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We always enjoy our times at Alderbrook. Every season there has its unique special beauty. It's so nice to be able to stay at such a beautiful place and enjoy the company of our dogs too. Our Izzie and Zoey feel as pampered as their human companions.

Room Tip: Ground floor King rooms and very spacious
Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Alexandra C, Thank you for your review. We are glad you, and Izzie and Zoey, had a great time. Hope to see you again soon! ~Frank

Been to Alderbrook Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!