“Nice employees in spite of problems” 3 of 5 stars

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1600 74th Avenue Southwest, Tumwater, WA 98512   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Tumwater
Seattle, Washington
“Nice employees in spite of problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I really wanted to give this a higher rating than a 3, because the staff was really nice. But we had several problems. First our room wasn't ready, though we got there after 4:30 (check-in 3:00). They gave us a different room, but when we got went in, the smell was horrible. Kind of like baby diapers that had been left in bleach. The window was wide open, but that didn't help. They gave us another room, which was very nice - until I pulled back the covers and found a big, fresh looking blood stain on the sheet.
The breakfast was just okay - the waffle maker wasn't the best and everyone had to scrape off their waffles. The coffee was good and so were the pastries.
The indoor pool was nice and clean.
The mattress was really uncomfortable. It was nice having a refrigerator and microwave.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel is well kept. The staff goes out of their way to be helpful. The beds are comfortable, and the rooms are large. I've stayed here twice, and found the experience consistent. My only gripe is with breakfast (and since it's free, I shouldn't complain much). They make the batter too thin for the waffle maker, and it would be really nice if they had yogurt.

Room Tip: Rooms on the southside, facing away from the main road to the North of the building should be quiete...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the Guest House Inn and Suites while on travel for business. I was arriving late and leaving early, so I didn't want to spend a ton of $ on a hotel. The facilities are clean and well-maintained, the staff is exceptionally courteous, and I was overall very happy with my stay, particularly in consideration of the price. All rooms apparently are equipped with a fridge, microwave and kitchenette sink in an area separated by a countertop from the sleeping area. Approximately 5 minutes after arriving to my room, the young lady from the front desk called to ensure that the accommodations were suitable. Continental breakfast available from 6-9, so really about all one could ask for in such a bargain. Oh yeah, DirecTV including at least HBO (didn't look for other premiums). If I have the occasion to be overnight in Tumwater again, I would definitely stay here!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Omak, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

WE love this place . Clean quiet, easy access to freeway, lots of available well kept spacious, rooms all at a wonderful affordable price. The staff, and in particular, EBONY, have been extremely helpful, accommodating, and of a very pleasant, sparkling and joyful spirit. My Wife and I want to take this short moment to thank all of you for such a wonderful hotel, well managed, and to us a small oasis, outside the hustle and flurry of our State Capitol. Scot High Omak, Wa.

Room Tip: easy access to parking on south side of building and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mike K, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Mr. High,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. All feedback from our guests, positive or negative, is very appreciated and helpful.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff we have here works extremely hard to make each guest feel welcome and important. It is always great to hear that guests recognize their efforts and appreciate them. I will make sure that Ebony is made aware of your wonderful comments and I would like to assure you that I will personally thank her for her outstanding work.

Thank you for choosing Guesthouse Inn & Suites Tumwater and I hope that we get to see you again soon!
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Friendly front desk (just in from Colorado)... the room was clean but other than that it's pretty typical value for an interstate motel. Easy access of the I-5. Hard beds. Need more blankets. Beware of thin walls!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Jackie and Ebony did an excellent job making us feel welcome, we will return! Great breakfast and clean rooms, but again HAPPY FRIENDLY STAFF!! Thank you for making us feel at home during our stay, heather, laurel, ally

• Stayed March 2013

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater? Share your experiences!