“Ramada, Sea-Tac 16720 International Blvd - not as scary as some say.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Limited Tukwila/SeaTac Airport

You added Ramada Limited Tukwila/SeaTac Airport to your Saves list
Ramada Limited Tukwila/SeaTac Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13900 International Boulevard, Tukwila, WA 98168   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
Columbus, Ohio
“Ramada, Sea-Tac 16720 International Blvd - not as scary as some say.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I almost forfeited my pre-paid reservations based on other reviews of this hotel. This was a mother daughter trip. I took a chance, we stayed there, and I am glad we did. Our rooms were clean. We were there two nights - the night our plane landed and the night before our flight back home. The service was fine (I mean the rooms are approx $70/night so I did not expect first class). Beds and pillows were comfortable. There was some noise - but it is at the airport. We had clean towels and clean sheets. All said, I would stay there again. Breakfast from the hotel restaurant was so-so for the price. We had the cinnamon toast and pancakes. Any problems with airport shuttle pickup are not because of the hotel; rather it is an airport design flaw in my opinion.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Idaho Falls, ID
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

My wife and I traveled to Seattle to take a cruise. We arrived one day early and stayed one day after. While there we stayed both times at the Ramada Limited in Tukwila which is about 10 minutes from the airport. We arrived at SeaTac and called for the van. It arrived shortly. Some words of advice for those who call for the shuttle. Look for a van with a large red ball with white numbers painted on it. If it doesn't have this, it will be a van for the other Ramada which is also located in the area. Our driver verified that we were on the correct van as we boarded. We were somewhat concerned that the motel might not meet our needs as it is not located in an area where there are a lot of Seattle attractions. Nor are there other than fast food restaurants in the immediate area. Nor is it located in an upscale neighborhood.
Everything worked out fine thanks to the manager, Jaspal Singh, and his staff. It turned out to be a very good place to stay. The staff is friendly, courteous, cordial, and very helpful. They will make the van available to you for a very reasonable fee to take you to nice restaurants that are located in the immediate Tukwila area but that are too far to walk to. We used the van the first night of our stay and tried a cab the second night. The van was much better.
They also went out of their way to help us set up a self guided walking tour of downtown Seattle, patiently answering all our questions and what-ifs. We used the light rail system to get there. ($5 per adult round trip ticket and $2.50 for seniors. Such a deal. Taking a cab would break the bank.) The van dropped us at the light rail station which is about 3/4 mile from the motel and 25 minutes later we were in downtown Seattle. Taking the train will get you near the main Seattle attractions such as Pike Street Market, the pier, the Space Needle and downtown. You will also see the big sports stadiums before you enter the underground tunnel near down town. On our way back we called the motel from the train station and the van again came to pick us up. It took us back to the motel where we later collected our luggage that the manager had put in storage for the day and we were later delivered to the airport. All the while of our stay we were made to feel like valued customers.
With regard to the motel itself, it is not a large one. But it is clean, well maintained and relatively quiet. Continental breakfast is of the coffee, milk, juice, oatmeal, cereal, bagel, English muffin, fresh fruit variety. It is enough to successfully get your day going. The eating tables and chairs are fair sized and comfortable. Underground parking is available and there are a few stalls in front of the building. There is a computer and printer for checking e-mails or e-checkins for flights. The rooms have older type televisions but they work well once you master the quirks of the cable provider. Bathrooms are separate from the vanity area which will make the ladies happy as it avoids steaming mirrors. The vanity itself is wide and has good room to put all your stuff. Storage is ample. While the location may not be the greatest, we thought the motel was a good value and it is the staff that made it that way.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

I booked this room through a 3rd party vendor and realized when I got there that I had a smoking room. When I requested a non-smoking room, Will and Alim both looked, but they had nothing left. After a long week of travel, I was just ready to relax and go to sleep, but did not want a smoking room. Will and Alim could tell I was upset about this and they said they would see what they could do. The lines were busy, the hotel was obviously booked, so I understood that there weren't really any other options. Several minutes later, Alim had a plan. He said that someone had checked out late of a non-smoking room but it hadn't yet been cleaned. He said he would do this himself. I told him not to worry about that and it wasn't his job, but he smiled and said "everything is my job. Just give me a few minutes." I sincerely appreciated the above and beyond customer service that these two employees exhibited tonight. I know I was being a difficult customer, and yet they treated me like I was a VIP guest. The Ramada by the Seattle airport is the place to stay if you need a well-maintained hotel near the airport with excellent service. Many thanks Will and Alim!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 6 days. Was given reasonable business rates and I found the rooms to be clean, quiet & comfortable. Staff was friendly, helpful and easy to interact with . Close to light rail and bus stations to explore Seattle and its surrounding areas without having to drive. East African restaurant near the hotel has delicious food , check them out also.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Walla Walla, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

I’ve had my share of unsavory hotel experiences during my recent trips to the greater Seattle area, but it was my stay at the Ramada limited that managed to scar me for life!

I knew our stay at the Ramada Limited was going to be an unpleasant one when my mother, two sisters, eighty year old travelling companion and I drove up to the shady looking establishment. Several pimps and prostitutes were loitering around the area and the neighborhood appeared to be one of ill repute. Upon entering the hotel, we noticed it’s outdated and worn out appearance.

The carpet in the hallway leading to our room smelled and looked like something had recently died and decomposed on it. The horror show really began when we entered our room. It smelled like a pack of bums had previously inhabited it before we did. The carpet was stained, the furniture was dusty, and the beds were dirty and unkempt. I was inspecting the room further when one of my earrings fell off of my ear and happened to roll underneath the nearest sofa. It was when I was reluctantly lifting the flap on the sofa that I received a horrifying shock! I found the earring and was about to reach for it when I noticed some suspicious looking objects! Words cannot described how sickened I felt when I finally indentified the objects as being a clear plastic bag of white powder and a bloody syringe! My mother then called the manager. We informed him that we wanted a refund and he said that he already had charged our credit card for a full night’s stay. He adamantly continued to refuse to give us our money back and said that he would give us a new room instead.

Later on, I went to the ice machine and was totally disgusted when I saw that the dispenser was covered in slimy green residue and surrounded by garbage! I did not get any sleep that night due to the fact that I was paranoid of getting pocked by a needle! If you care about your well being and health, please do not stay at this horrible excuse for a hotel!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

This place was a Hotwire surprise. This is the kind of establishment that makes you afraid to use Hotwire. The kindest thing I can say is that this place has seen better days.

The carpets in the common areas are filthy, and there's a musty odor in the rooms. The rooms themselves reasonably clean, but the hallways and other common areas give it a distinctly icky feel overall.

The towels were were covered in mysterious stains as were the sheets on my bed. All the linen was worn to the point of being threadbare, and had the luxurious feel of 100 grit sandpaper. There were no cups or glasses (probably a good thing here...)

Sure, there are worse places, but frankly, this place is only one step removed from being on par with a seedy low-rent boarding home in an inner-city Baltimore housing project.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Oroville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

We were skeptical after reading the horrible reviews and were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, quiet and everything worked good. I'd stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Limited Tukwila/SeaTac Airport? Share your experiences!