“Decent hotel, but been to better marriotts” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
Kenmore, Washington
“Decent hotel, but been to better marriotts”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I really like marriott hotels and that's pretty much all we stay at now. This hotel is very close to the mall and lots of shopping & restaurants. The check in process was easy and fast. We booked a family package that included an in room movie, pizza, soda, and breakfast. I was given vouchers for each of those things to redeem at the restaurant. Well, our bill came to our room and we were charged for the pizza even though we had given the restaurant a voucher for it. I had to go to the front desk to get that charge taken off.
We had a room on the back side and the train was really loud. I don't blame the hotel for that, but the hotel was not full at all and they could have put us in a room on the front side. I didn't know to ask. The train woke me up several times in the night.
The set up of the room is not conducive to watching tv in bed. I was told this is the way it is in every room. So, you have to watch tv from the couch. I really didn't like that as it would have been easy to change the position of the beds so you can watch TV from the bed. We were in a king room.
The pool was very cold and I am not sure it's even heated. The hot tub was a great temperature, but the surface of the hot tub is really rough and I couldn't even sit in it because it hurt to sit on it. It was nice to dangle my feet in and sit on the outside of the hot tub.

There is plenty of parking and 2 elevators that are fast.

The buffet breakfast is decent. It has bread, fruit, waffles, made to order omelets, eggs, pancakes, hash browns, bacon, and sausage. It also includes juice/coffee. The breakfast is not included in your stay unless you get a package that includes it. I would say it's worth it. It's $14 per person otherwise. The food tastes good.

There is a marriott residence inn across the street and normally I choose a residence inn, but this hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub and the residence inn does not. I would probably stay at the residence inn next time. I have not stayed there before, but the train noise was too much at this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the front side.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Danielle W, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Sea-Tac, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with the Courtyard Seattle Sea-Tac Area. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I definitely understand how important a good night rest can be and apologize that you were unable to rest due to the train noise. Please feel free to contact me directly if you choose to stay again and I will assure that your room is on the quiet front side of our hotel.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Juneau,Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Train tracks in the back, you do hear them, but they don't run that often. The room was nice , check in was a breeze , got in my room , clean , no extra blanket in the room, but front desk brought one up right way , I want to try the restaurant , but you are so close to south center mall and all the eateries around. Parking was a hit and miss in the front of the building, but always found some in the back, and access the hotel in the back, which was well lite. Great place to stay clean , staff is always helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for the front with Balcony
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Edison, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights (participant at a conference). It was overall a good experience. Quite professional in their arrangements. The finger foods for the receptions each evening was really good. The space for the conference was maintained and there were several of these going on during these days. The rooms were very clean and adequate for business visitor. Was a bit surprised with their policy on WiFi though $12.95 and for multiple devises this seemed a nightmare but checking with the front desk was reassured that the charge per day was limited to a single charge. But still the WiFi is a bit steep..Staff very courteous and friendly. Will certainly come back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The staff was very friendly and the lobby has been recently updated. Room was fine although it looked like the carpet hadn't been vacuumed, which kinda grossed us out a bit. I could have called to have them vacuum it but it was around 9:30 pm and we didn't want to bother. Close to Sea-tac, but far enough there is no plane noise. Close to South Center mall and lots of shopping (which is why we were there.) Would stay there again. Ask for a room at the front of the hotel as the train tracks run right behind the hotel. Also no breakfast included. They do have a buffet for about $15, with made to order omelets and eggs--in my mind worth it to have a real breakfast.

Room Tip: Room at the front of hotel as train tracks are right behind the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Wasilla, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times now and have always gotten great service. The staff is very friendly and helpful, they graciously accommodated my every request. The trains are a little annoying, but didn't really bother me. The location is very convenient, close to shopping, as well as the airport. The shuttle service is great. My one request would be for the pool/spa area to be closed to children the last hour... I thought I would have a peaceful soak at 10 PM, but most of the time, there were children still in the pool and climbing in and out of the hot tub. I had to plug my ears a few times for the echoing shrieks not to kill my eardrums...... I will stay at this hotel again when I am in the Seattle area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed here one night to catch an early flight and leave our car. They had a deal where we could leave it for 2 weeks which was great.

The service at check-in and by the shuttle driver was excellent and very efficient.

Rooms were as expected and the hotel in general has good energy and is very clean.

We didn't use any amenities but I am sure they would have held up as well as the rest of the hotel so giving this a recommendation and will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Downers Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The rooms at this Courtyard have been partly updated. New carpeting, drapes, and I think the sofas are new. The room seemed clean and the staff were very friendly. The problem is the trains running behind the hotel. There are commuter trains, Amtrak, and freight trains. The trains themselves would probably be tolerable but the train whistles/horns will definitely wake you up. I had a room on the back side of the hotel and would suggest trying the front. One nice thing about this Courtyard, they have not converted their restaurant to the "new" format. I had dinner and breakfast and both meals were good. I would try the Courtyard Southcenter as that is probably more quiet and would be walking distance to a variety of restaurants and the mall. The SeaTac Courtyard is not really near anything (except the trains).

Room Tip: Try a room at the front of the hotel to avoid the train noise
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Sea-Tac? Share your experiences!