“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Arlington, Virginia
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the staff at our hotel, on the first night of our vacation. We liked it so much that we ate there again on the last night (near the airport). I'm an east-coast seafood lover, so I can't say that the chowder overwhelmed me. Note, you can taste several chowders for $2 each. But the salmon - just wonderful. The first night, I had the Salmon Duke's Way, with roasted potatoes (excellent) and squash (excellent). On the second visit, I had the Salmon Duke's Best, which was even better. The pico-type sauce with avocado on the salmon - just great. I look forward to another trip to Seattle and one or two opportunities to eat at this restaurant again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Denver, Colorado
“Chowder Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

If you want chowder, you must go to Duke's. They are very clever to offer a full array of bowl sizes, from a tiny 'dingy' on up from there. It's a great way to sample the different recipes. Service was excellent and very attentive to our needs. While the meal was delicious, the prices were a bit higher than comparables in the area. But if you don't mind spending a little extra, the chowders make it well worthwhile!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington
“Entertaining time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was quite an experience as our Food Service Professional, David, was indeed a professional. David explained the differences in the two Halibut dishes I was deciding between. He recommended both the lobster chowder and the clam chowder. Between us we ordered both, and the clam had a slight edge to my taste.
We relayed our concern about making our evening activity on time, and the meal came quickly.
The bread and vegetables were superb. The fish was a tiny bit dryer than I prefer, but I had not stated my picky-ness, and others might prefer it the way it was served. The parmesean crusting was wonderful! My friend chose the other Halibut with macadamia nuts, and though was told it was a sweet flavor, did indeed find it too sweet for her tastes. The third gal had the fish-n'-chips and raved about the presentation - which when it was called to my attention, did seem lovely. I focus on the food, myself. Dessert was out of the question after all that food. It was quite crowded, however, there being tables close together.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle
“Manager yelled at my kids”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were on our way home from eating at Duke's chowder house ( with a group of friends about 30 of us celebrating a bday party) in southcenter mall in tukwila when my daughter casually said that she does not want to go back to Dukes anymore. I asked why and she said that one of the waiters yelled at the kids . A minute later my friend called me and said that her daughter aged 12 also said they are scared to go at that place again because the kids were yelled at by the waiter with a curly hair( who happens to fit the description of the manager). Yelling is never a practice in our household and if other kids were noisy, I wished the manager would have talked to the adults in the party to talk to the specific kids instead of yelling at all the kids in general so other kids who are actually quiet and behaving would not be traumatized . The food is good but I am really disappointed with this. the manager' s name was Forest said the bday celebrant as another customer had complained about his attitude when we were there.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Best Chowder I've Ever Eaten!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We went to a different location but the food was AMAZING!!! I've never had chowder that was this delicious. We even got a sample plate of 6 chowders and each was equally as tasty as the next. Food was a tad bit pricey but it was worth it after tasting it. I think that Duke's is a MUST to visit while in Seattle!

• Visited December 2012