“Stay America Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter

You added Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15635 West Valley Highway, Tukwila, WA 98188 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
Agoura Hills, California
“Stay America Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My first stay at this hotel.
I was quite impressed with everything.
I believe the front desk lady was named Becky and when I asked her if there was a room on the third floor as I'm a light sleeper and didn't want any noisy guest above if that was possible.
Becky asked me to give her a minute while she went up to the third floor and made sure the room was clean and ready for me.
Thr room was ready and clean with all the kitchen facilities ready for a comfortable stay.
I will most definitely stay at this hotel again next time I'm in Seattle.

Thank you for making my stay a pleasant one.

Ed Yamamoto

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for posting such a fantastic review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and accommodations. Becky and the rest of our team truly enjoyed having you stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was between homes and had to stay at this hotel for a few weeks. For the price the hotel was a good value but there were some issues.

The room was OK but it could of been a little cleaner. There was long hair in the shower which I know was not mine, being I'm a male with short hair. Also when the mattress slightly moved there was a lot of dirt, hair, tissue, etc. between the box spring and mattress.

Another major complaint I have is with the staff not managing the noise level at night. Night after night a group of guests who had multiple rooms around the 2nd and 3rd floor would be going door to door and talking extremely loud outside of mine and other guests rooms. They would usually be up till at least 1am every night and when I talked to someone about it they said they would look into but nothing seemed to change. Also my room always smelled like smoke that I believe was coming from this same group standing outside of my room and constantly smoking.

I think overall the hotel is worth the value but It could use some improvements and because of some of these issues, I decided to book my next week and a half at a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The noise disturbance and cleanliness issues you described are unacceptable. I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am going to personally inspect every room prior to releasing them to our guests moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at tuk@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Michigan City, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

It was a non smoking room and didnt smell like smoke. I liked having a kitchen with it. For $45 from Price Line it was the best deal in all of Seattle. Shuttle service to and from the airport. Food choices down the street. It could use a coffee shop nearby. If you want a cheap and simple place to stay look no further.

• Stayed April 2013
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay.. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

First of all it is always raining, so it's very nice to have a covered walk up area. The young lady we checked in with was courteous and even suggested things for us to do around the area. Over the 3 days we were there, I constantly ran into THERESA and WILLIAM and they were exceptional. Any questions, any issues (basically none except I lost my card twice..... ) and they were all over it. They both had time to chitchat whenever I was in the office grabbing breakfast (or a new card) and even when we passed in the hallways, it was like someone you knew, not an employee. The facility was clean, the beds were super comfortable, but the TV channels are craaazy....but you get 2 showtime and 5 espn channels!

Only bad thing was the weather stripping on the door was a little thin and some cold air/noise came through...but it was dealt with easily.

They both need raises!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our property. We appreciate the nice feedback. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you again for your review.
Port Townsend, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Of all of the Extended Stay Hotels that I have stayed at, this one had the smallest room I've experienced in their chain. The rooms were updated, well stocked and maintained. The hotel employees were friendly and professional, which more than compensated for the small rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our accommodations so welcoming. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Yelm, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Only stayed here 1 night, prior to checking in at VA Hosp. for surgery.
Very pleasant stay; parking lot was relatively full, but there were no problems
with noise. The room was very clean, the bed comfortable and everything
else was good. The service at check-in was excellent, and the young man
handling the check-in was quite polite and helpful, even when I had a couple
of special requests, and some questions.
Would not hesitate to stay here again, or to recommend them.
Edward H.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We have spent the past three Saturday nights here as support for my brother undergoing cancer treatment who has been housed here by the Veterans' Administration. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and reasonable in price. (Though the price went up $6.00 per night between our second and third visits!!)

The staff is friendly and helpful. It has been fun to get to know them.

The one downside is the nearby freeway, but it quiets down at night and when the drapes are closed the sound is minimal.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside are quieter. Turn the heaters on when you first enter the rooms, then off bef...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you have continued to return to our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter? Share your experiences!