“Stay at Days Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
PORTLAND
“Stay at Days Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Overall for the price and the service I have stayed here before. The Staff was excellent and I would stay ther again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

After traveling for 10 hours it was wonderful to be greeted by a friendly smiling face at the hotel desk at 1:30 in the morning. All of the employees I encountered were very friendly and helpful. The room was your basic economy hotel room but it did have a refrigerator and microwave. The room was clean and the staff cleaned it every day. The king size bed was very comfortable. A free shuttle is provided for pick-up and drop off at the nearby airport.

There were some things I did not like. The hotel is next to an interstate and you have the constant noise of traffic. The area around the hotel is industrial and there are two convenience stores and one fast food restaurant within walking distance. All three are open 24 hours. For anything else a car is needed. The continental breakfast consists of danish, cereal, hard boiled eggs, juice and coffee. I would like to see them add a waffle maker to the breakfast.

There are computers available in the lobby to print boarding passes. However, when I tried to print my boarding pass the printer was not working. The clerk at the desk took my information and printed my pass on her office printer. Just another example of the excellent quality of the employees.

I would stay here again and I would recommend the hotel. The comfort, staff and being only 4 miles to the airport make this a good place to stay for the low price that you pay.

Room Tip: Rooms near the front are farthest from the interstate noise
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at this motel for four nights (September 13th to the 17th) while on a short vacation to Seattle Washington. Have to admit, I was a little nervous after reading some of the other reviews. But once I arrived I was pleasantly surprised.
The motels free shuttle van picked me up without much delay. This was one of the reasons I chose this motel. Most of the properties in this section of Seattle does not offer this service. The motel room itself was very nice and had adjustable air conditioning. The room was also very clean, and had almost all the stations you can find on cable. I don't know why other guests on this website had problems. Maybe they had different house keepers at the time.
The free breakfast was fairly basic, but there is a 24 hour Jack in the Box restaurant and also a Starbucks within walking distance. What more could you ask for?
I didn't have a rental car. You don't need one. Public buses run most of the day, and the bus stop is less than one half mile away. Just take the 150. It will take you anywhere you want to go in Seatlle.
Overall, a very economical place to stay, with very good staff. Special thanks to the desk clerk Anthony who helped me print my boarding passes behind the front desk. Their regular guest computer couldn't access Deltas website.

Room Tip: Probably on the side of the motel that doesn't face Interstate 5. I don't know what room num...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Rhome, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days while in Seattle before our Cruise to Alaska. They had a good breakfast. Front desk clerk was nice and gave us a room away from the freeway. Running the A/C made all the noise outside very easy to sleep through. There was a Jack In The Box within walking distance and several other fast food chains. They had a pool and hot tub but we
didn't use it because lots of Kids were enjoying it. Room was clean and didn't smell of smoke! They do have old style bedspreads but I just folded it back. It was well worth the price we paid and it was close to the Museum of flight that we visited. I don't like staying by the airport so this was a good alternative. Never had any problems or where I didn't feel safe. It is an older property but I have stayed at a lot worse motels. They did have a nice washer and dryer that I used. We also found a nice restaurant inside a casino right down the road we ate at one night. You didn't have to gamble to eat there. We had no problem with the size of the dinning area it was not any smaller than any other place we have stayed at. They also outside tables weather premitting by the pool. I especially enjoyed the outdoor waterfall on the grounds.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor away from the freeway just past the pool near the steps up.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This Days Inn appears very old and looks much older than the photo on Trip Advisor. It's in a isolated part of town off of I-5 and there are a lot of truckers that stay here. The are is a bit sketchy and at times I felt the need to 'rush' to get into my room and lock the door. However, my flight arrived much earlier than expected, and even though the hotel was sold out the night before, Jonathan was very accommodating and worked to get me in a room when I arrived. After 2 days of flying and airports, I couldn't have asked for better service. The room had a coffee pot, microwave and mini-fridge. The lighting fixtures were old and one WORKING light fixture had the bulb literally hanging off of the side of the socket which could have been dangerous. This Days Inn isn't one of their new or renovated hotels, however, for the price, I couldn't have asked for better service. Often, in inexpensive chain hotels, the staff are not very helpful or overtly friendly. The service and staff at this hotel are what stood out as their greatest asset. That's certainly what took this 4 star rating above the 'average' mark. Thanks, Days Inn Tukwila. Your assistance for tired, weary travelers is greatly appreciated.

Room Tip: If possible get a room away from the "Trucker Parking" to avoid the noise of huge 'rig...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Walla Walla, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We have stayed at the Days Inn before and found it to be quite acceptable. This last time however, was not good. Either I do not know what a queen size bed should look like or it was in fact not a queen size. When I asked why we were given a standard bed they said that they do not have any and all were queen size. I tried to get on the internet many times before calling the desk. They said that they would reset the router. After several calls they said that there were many people on the system and I just could not get on. I went to the front desk to complain and he said that he was on the net and that there was nothing wrong with it. I never did get on even though I tried the next morning. The location is great, right off I-5, easy on easy off.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver Island, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times and will continue to stay at this hotel in the future. It is not fancy or anything special but for the price, it is worth every penny. Breakfast is typical - hard boiled eggs, cereal, muffins, danish,coffee/milk/juice, hand fruit. There used to be waffles but not this last visit. The pool is an outdoor pool & jacuzzi (pool was heated) - great for the kids. (Although, not always spotless due to occassional leaves, but usable). The rooms are clean. Room service was good. We have stayed several times as a typical night costs approx. $60. PLUS, bonus the super-center (mall-type) place is only approx. 10 minute drive (lots of good restaurants, malls, etc. such as Cheesecake Factory, Olive Garden, Outback, Target, malls, & ther big stores). This hotel is approx. 15 minute drive (with no traffic) on the I-5 to Seattle. It's right off the I-5 so makes a good location (with gas stations close by).

Room Tip: We stayed in a double-queen upstairs & king downstairs - both with the pool courtyard and close...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Seattle South? Share your experiences!