“Good South Seattle Motel” 4 of 5 stars

Days Inn Seattle South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13050 48th Ave South, Tukwila, WA 98168   |
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
Seattle, Wa
“Good South Seattle Motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is a good value hotel between Seattle Airport & downtown. Rooms are clean & well-appointed with a king size bed, fridge, microwave & large TV. Convienent to I-5. Only major complaint was the breakfast bar was in bad shape when I arrived @ 9 a.m. No waffle batter, regular coffee, or milk in addition to a poor selection of most other items. Pedro, the front desk clerk, didn't give a damn about service or anything else. Other than that, this is a good choice for a budget motel in South Seattle.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the busy freeway in the back.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Renton, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

they falsely charged my debit card for smoking in a non smoking room $100. I do not smoke . So many things were wrong with this room, the last available room due to a bad snow storm but the front desk clerk was "clueless." The phone cord had to be held in if making a call, lamp didnt work, and the front desk button didnt work, & the shelf was hanging from the wall. Ive had to file a claim with my bank to get my deposit that was supposed to be $50 but they charged $100 back, and will pursue them in court for falsely accuming me of smoking.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
kent, wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Clean room. Even under the bed. Friendly staff. Nice breakfast and good coffee all day in the lobby. Internet access at two computers in lobby, but they are s l o w! The coffee provided with the coffee maker in room is pretty nasty. Microwave and fridge. I wish they had a table and chairs in the room, but otherwise, for the price I think it was a good, basic room close to freeways.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Wales UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011 via mobile

Have just finished a five day stay. A little concerned before arriving having read some negative reports on here. I found the hotel and staff excellent for a hotel in this price range. The courtesy bus collected me from the airport and when I arrived I had been upgraded to a King size which was extremly comfortable. You could hear the trafic on the interstate but it was not that load that it disturbed my sleep. Staff were very helpful whenever I had a query or request, and I managed to make waffles each morning with no problems. There is coffee in your rooms and if you need more there is coffee in reception 24hrs. The number 150 bus stop is just 5 minutes walk and a frequent service that takes you into Downtown. The hotel courtesy bus brought me back to the airport it was just a ten minute drive - will definately stay here again next time I am in Seattle

• Stayed November 2011
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

My husband and I were visiting Seattle for our 6th wedding anniversary. We reviewed serveral budget hotels in Seattle and were able to stay 2 nights at this location for the price of 1 night if we had stayed in the city. It's 10 minutes from downtown, right off the freeway. My only complaint was the pillows were horrible, so bring your own.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco,CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Booked into Room 110 for 2 nights. Only one light/lamp worked and TV was out of order. Called front desk and they sent someone to fix everything. TV still had some issues on ocassion. WiFi signal was week and cut out alot of times. This is a very busy property so don't expect early check-in. Pretty convenient to freeways and the motel sits up the street from a Starbucks and gas stations.

Room Tip: Aviod rooms towards the back of the property as they are next to the freeway.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
I apologize for any inconvenience that you've experienced throughout your stay. The hotel is conveniently located near the freeway for easy access for travelers to downtown, Southcenter Shopping Center, as well as the airport, etc... We hope you'll visit the property sometime in the future to have a better experience.

Sean
Gold Beach, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

My girlfriend and I were on vacation when we stayed here. She picked this one out and I was skeptical because I have only stayed at Days Inn once before (it was in Hollywood; haven't reviewed it). Anyway, We made two separate reservations. She made hers for two nights via CheapTickets and I made mine for one night via the Days Inn website (we made the two night res. a month in advance and decided to make it a three night stay the night before we left for Seattle). Via CheapTickets, we paid about $55/night. I happen to find a promo code for the res. I made, so it was taken from a rate of $75 down to $50.

Ok, so we arrived at the motel, and it is extremely close to the freeway, which didn't bother us (might bother some others though). The man at the front desk (forgot to get his name, sorry) seemed very apathetic to us and the people before us. However, the checkin was smooth and he paired both of the reservations together so we didn't have to change rooms. We got our keys and went to our room. Little did I realize, a mistake was made when I made the res. on the website and we ended up with a smoking room. Seeing how I am allergic to tobacco, this was definitely NOT acceptable. We immediately went back to the front desk and again, the man was very apathetic. To my surprise, he upgraded our room from what was a first floor single queen smoking room to a king non smoking second floor poolside room FOR FREE. MUCH MUCH better. The only bummer is that we had to switch rooms in the morning to a single queen non smoking, but that was ok for us. Our room was nice. There were 5 pillows on the bed, and the bed itself was very soft and comfortable. All the basic amenities were there (soap, shampoo, cups, towels, etc.). Everything was clean and worked well. We had a great nights sleep, even with the window open!

The next morning we ate the continental breakfast. They offered waffles (used waffle mix and a waffle iron), 2 different muffin flavors, toast, English muffins, four flavors of cereal, milk, coffee, OJ, and apple juice. We found apples the first morning, but not the next two... so my guess is that they are limited every morning. Also, the breakfast room attendant seemed very annoyed (though,I can understand when one guy didn't read the directions and failed to spray the waffle iron before use).

After we ate, we went to the front desk to check about having to switch rooms. This time, there was a girl named Nadia. She was much more pleasant than the man that checked us in. Anyway, she said to us, and these were her exact words, "Why would you need to change rooms? Your reservation is already paid for. You can just stay in that room." Thus, we got to keep the king room for the next two nights. Accommodated? YES! We were very happy about the situation.

Moving on. The motel does have an airport shuttle, but we didn't use it, so I cannot comment on that. We also didn't use the pool/hot tub. Free WiFi is available, but the signal was very week. We didn't complain about... we were able to check the important things just fine.

As for location, the airport is about an 10 minute drive away. The nearest light rail station is an 8 minute drive (though it takes upwards of an hour to get downtown). The Seattle Flight Museum is an 8 minute drive away. And there is a large mall that takes about 10 minutes to get to.

One thing I did notice is that the Housekeepers start working at 8AM. We put our privacy sign on the entire time, and on our final morning, the housekeeper knocked just after 8. I thought to myself, "Maybe she thought we had checked out already." After getting up and dressed, we came to find out that our sign had gone missing. We think that some other guests had taken it, but we'll never know.

Overall, it was a nice motel. I rate it a 4/5. I think I would probably return.

Room Tip: We stayed in 225.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking time to review and comment in regards to this stay. We are glad that our services and accommodation made your stay convenient and pleasant. Management and staff coordinate working together and any suggestions for improvements help guests enjoy their time at our facility. We hope you return to our property to enjoy another wonderful stay.

Sean

Been to Days Inn Seattle South? Share your experiences!