“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Tukwila/SeaTac Airport

You added Ramada Tukwila/SeaTac Airport to your Saves list
Ramada Tukwila/SeaTac Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15901 West Valley Highway, Tukwila, WA 98188 (Formerly Hotel River's Edge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
California
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I should know by now that Best Western hotels are "hit and miss". There doesn't seem to be a standard set by the franchise. But when a BW is advertised as a "plus" you expect at least the higher-end basics in your room.
Our room (and it's furnature) was worn and desperately needed an upgrade - the mirror needed to be replaced, the room needed new paint, and it lacked a mini-fridge, mircowave, basic stuff. The lobby was nice, so we expected more - but the rooms were a severe disappointment. I will say that we liked the room layout - it was nice to have a second mirror and sink. We could have used more wall outlets, but that was something we experienced every where we went - what is with no outlets for things like phone chargers and such?

The breakfast offered was mediocre at best; in general it looked promising, but the food tasted terrible. They offered the minimum and it showed.
While the staff were friendly, when I mentioned that I experienced extreme water temperature changes (during my shower that morning), no one offered a remedy or a refund of any kind. We got the same response when we mentioned that the a/c in the room was not working properly - that we had it at full power all night, and the room never got cool. "Im so sorry to hear that" was all we heard.
Our goal was to find a decent hotel that was away from the main traffic, away from the noise of down-town. Instead, we found an older hotel in an older neighborhood, and we wondered if the parking lot was monitored at all during the night. Although it was clean, the bulding both inside and out needs improvements. For what we paid, I think we could have done better.

Room Tip: If you need a fridge in your room, be sure to ask for one when you make your reservation. Do your h...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sang L, Manager at Ramada Tukwila/SeaTac Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for your comments. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed for three days with two adults and two teenagers in double room. The location was far enough from the airport that there was no noise. The hotel shuttle will take you anywhere within a five mile radius, which is great. We were able to get a ride to/from the Museum of Flight, the mall and the light rail station (which takes you downtown). As long as you are not in a hurry (obviously airport transfers are first priority), taking advantage of this service will save you the cost of a rental car. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. There is a 7-11 a block away, plus several fast food restaurants within walking distance. Will definitely stay here again.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Close to airport, large mall and shopping area, not far from Seattle. Stayed here for 2 nights. Our room had a view of the pool. Bed was comfortable. Room was clean but a little outdated. Continental breakfast was average. The second day room key was asked for at breakfast, the first morning it wasn't. Check in and checkout was quick and pleasant. Did not try restaurant on site.

• Stayed July 2012
Sang L, Manager at Ramada Tukwila/SeaTac Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Seattle WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Booked 2 nights ( Fri-Sat) to be close to the Wedding venue where my sister was getting married. I live in the great Seattle area so I was familiar with the location. Close to 405 and Westfield Southcenter shopping area. Although close to 405 it is fairly quiet. Had the windows opened for a bit and the sounds were not loud. Was on the 3rd floor facing parking lot. They opposite side faces the river. I wanted a hotel near the airport to be closer to the venue, but the rooms were either booked up for 2 queens, price was not in the budget or most of the hotels near the aiport charge for parking. So I decided to go about 5-10 minutes away from airport in the Tukwila area. Best Western Plus offered free parking and buffet style breakfast and I could get a discount for AARP( 50 and older) rates as well as points on their rewards program.
PROS:
Close to 405 Freeway
Close to Westfield Shopping Area/Mall
They may offer some sort of Shuttle as I saw the vehicle but did not use it.
Free Self Parking
Free Breakfast Style Buffet ( pastries, cereal, bagels, toast, fruit, eggs, make your own waffles, biscuits and gravy, but no choice of meat such as bacon or sausage.
Under counter Frig in room
Microwave in room
Lots of mirrors, two full length mirrors too.
Beds comfortable lots of nice pillows
Room itself roomy. Nice cabinet, drawer and desk area
The hotel employees were great. The night front desk gal was more friendly than the day desk gal.The gentlemen that was overseeing the buffet breakfast was very nice and wow he was immediately wiping down tables as soon as someone left the table. I even saw employees cleaning mirrors etc in the lobby.
CONS:
Microwave very old ( had a dial on it)
Chairs near the small round table in room were very very worn and stained. I chose not to even sit on them. They really need to replace them badly.
Hairdryer was outside of bathroom near Microwave and Frig area. To dry your hair and cook something at the same time in close quarters just did not seem right. You can't move the hairdryer INTO the bathroom as it is attached to the wall next to the microwave.
Bathroom was very tight. Tub was behind the door and you had to shut the bathroom door to access the tub/shower. Although there was counterspace in the bathroom near the sink, they had a tray with an ice bucket and glasses on in and it gave no room for toiletries bag for 2 people. I ended up moving the tray on top on the other little sink near the microwave, as the top of the microwave stored the mini coffee pot with a basket of coffee packets and tea and styroform cups. I think they wanted to design the space similar to an Embassy Suites but it was such a small area, there was not enough room to store the other items. Guess thats why the ice bucket was in the bathroom.Just a odd setup and not very functional.
My big issue was the air circulation. I have allergies and although I could open the window for fresh air, the pollen/dander would come into the room.. It was very warm both days.We turned on the A/C, but it made it worst with the dust etc. in the room. I think they probably don't clean the filters or maybe they don't have any. The hallways and room had a musty type smell to it, like it really needed a good vacuming or something. If I could, I would have love to just hose everything down with water for a fresh scent. I am not saying it was dirty. Everything was clean even the bathroom. but I really notice the dust/dander smell in the room itself. I had such a hard time breathing that I ended up not staying the 2nd night and let another relative stay there.Hallways very long to get to pool area, so make sure you have what you need.
All in all, there are some pluses to staying here, but if given the choice I would stay elsewhere, I just do not feel like the plus in the Best Western Plus brand is accepable to me any longer.

Room Tip: Rooms facing river make be quieter. I was happy with the location of my room even though it faced th...
Chilliwack, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed two nights in this hotel with my daughter while we were in the area for a soccer tournament. The location was perfect- a few minutes to the soccer venue and just as close to restaurants and great shopping.

Check in was efficient and although our room was quite a long walk from the lobby, it was conveniently located by an alternate entrance which made bringing in our luggage much easier.

The rooms were clean and offered a microwave, fridge and iron/ironing board. The beds were great- comfortable with nice bedding

We opted for breakfast in our room with food we had purchased ,however other members of the soccer team said the breakfast provided by the hotel offered a good variety of items.

The hotel is close to the green river and there is an extensive trail system that you can access just across the street. You enter on the interurban trail and which links up with the green river trail. The route I ran was paved and scenic. It would also be awesome for biking as I understand the trails extend for many kilometers in both directions.

The hotel was perfect for us on this trip and I would stay again when we come back to Tukwila.

Sunnyvale, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

1. when I checked in, there was only one clerk in the front desk and she is talking in the phone. I wait for 15 minutes before she finished her call. Checking-in was smooth, but there was a long line behind me.

2. Air conditioner is hiding behind the couch (I thought it is central controlled air conditioner). The front-desk lady didn't help to to locate the air conditioner but confused me with motion sensor, etc.

3. There is noise (foot steps?) from upstairs (I have a room in 2nd floor), late at night and early morning, very annoying!

4. Breakfast is free and choices are OK. The service is bad. The serving time is from 6am to 9:30am. Right at 9:30am, the staff switch off the TV and begin cleaning, sending the message that you'd better hurry up and leave.

5. The temperature of the hot shower is not stable.

For a 3-star hotel like this, I am disappointed with them.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed in this hotel on three different occasions while travelling round Seattle area. The staff were extremely helpful. The rooms were clean and the king size beds were huge and very comfortable. They pick you up from the airport but there's also a shuttle locally. They dropped us off at a couple of restaurants and then picked us again. All for free. Not sure what the restaurant on site was like as it was closed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Ramada Tukwila/SeaTac Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2012

Been to Ramada Tukwila/SeaTac Airport? Share your experiences!