“Nice, Comfortable, Convenient to Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16500 Southcenter Pkwy., Tukwila, WA 98188-3388   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rowlett, Texas
“Nice, Comfortable, Convenient to Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I booked this hotel for an overnight stay, as I was looking for a hotel close to the Seattle Airport and had an early flight the following morning. I am also a Hilton HHonors Gold member and that influenced my choice as well.

My 2-room suite had a large sitting/work room that was comfortably furnished but which also felt somewhat spartan. There was ample work space on the desk, and the desk lamp's base had an electrical outlet which made connecting my laptop computer convenient. The internet wi-fi signal was strong, and I had no trouble connecting or surfing.

The bedroom had 2 beds with comfortable mattresses and an assortment of pillows, and I enjoyed a good night's sleep.

The bathroom was spotless and the shower delivered a strong stream of hot water. It did not appear to have one of those wimpy flow control heads.

The sink was in the small corridor connecting the bedroom to the sitting room.

Check-in and check-out were both handled efficiently by the front desk staff.

The hotel is convenient to the Seattle Airport and to the rental car facility, and the hotel provides printed directions for those who are unsure of the best route. Getting to the hotel from soutbound I-5 was a bit tricky - I'm glad I had my GPS to help guide me. (I didn't check to see if the GPS was using the most efficient route - there may have been other routes avaialble that the GPS didn't choose. The GPS took me on a circuitous routing that took about 8 minutes once exiting the main highway.)

Ample free parking is available outside.

At $75night (plus tax) for the weekend AARP rate, the hotel delivered good value, compared to other similar choices in the immediate area. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Maple Ridge, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I've stayed in hotels for $100.00 less and been happier. I think I'll save the money and spend it at the Shopping Mall instead of this hotel room next time. The door was so difficult to open and took several attempts each time. There was a filthy wash cloth left in the shower and the sink faucet moved every time I turned the water on or off. We only had 1/2 a roll of toilet paper in the room and I had to go down to the front desk to get more. I don't feel you get your money's worth at $159.00 per night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I am a travel agent who books this hotel very frequently for sport group travel. The Hilton Doubletree Southcenter exceeds the groups expectations each time they stay. They provide great service and have never let myself or the group down. Jill and Laurel are exceptional I would recommend contacting them for any group inquiries you may have. The hotel is in a great area which makes it very easy for my clients.. The rooms are very nice and the breakfast and cookies are also very delicious. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Seattle South Center area. Thanks as always Doubletree!!

Room Tip: Be very polite it goes a long way...
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Long time Hilton Honors member. Accused for first time ever of smoking in my room and charged $250.00. I am a smoker but not stupid enough to take such an expensive chance. Jaye, manager, did not call on 11/11/2013 as I was advised she would.

Oberammergau, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

i usually love doubletree but this one stood out for all the wrong reasons. my room sounded like it was above or beside a mechanical closet. the motor noise was awful. (my bad for not asking to be moved but after a 16 hour flight i was too tired to deal with it.) the toilet ran forever before stopping; total waste of water. it was advertised as having a 24 hour airport shuttle but at 4 am when i checked out was told the driver didn't start work until 4:30 so i had to take a taxi. on the up side, the room was clean and spacious, the staff was friendly, the restaurant and service was very good and the proximity to the airport was excellent. oh, and the cookie was excellent as always.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room and hope they exist.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Tracy H, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice feedback regarding our staff and location. I apologize that you had a somewhat noisy room. We do offer transportation to the airport 24 hours a day. If we don’t happen to have a driver available to take a guest to the airport, we will arrange and pay for a taxi cab to take you. I hope our team covered your expense and I apologize for the confusion. We hope you will continue to love the DoubleTree!

Front Office Manager,

Jaye Zern
Mount Vernon, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Hilton Doubletree Southcenter is located just a few minutes from SeaTac Airport and only 15 minutes from downtown Seattle or Bellevue. The entire hotel staff was outstanding for the three full day training days. This Doubletree's daily breakfast buffet (included in our B&B rate) offered a good variety of hot and cold items (and the hot items were actually hot and cold items cold), refreshing change to other hotel breakfast buffet lines where all the foods seem to be room temperature. Our first time sleeping on the Hilton "Sweet Dreams" bed was relaxing and comfortable. The meeting room worked well for our group, however on the first day the room was chilly for most of us. I think the trainers requested the room to be turned down to help keep us awake for the trainings, but Seattle got a huge storm that weekend which made everyone feel even colder. The hotel staff did respond to turning the heat up when requested. Easy access, reasonable rates, FREE parking. Shopping mall, Costco, FedEx business center, many restaurants, shopping galore within 2 miles. Highly recommend and will return.

West Linn, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

A nice experience at the DoubleTree Hotel in Tukwila. Great service, cleanliness, one of the nicest fitness facilities and staff professionalism at an A+! I'd recommend business or pleasure for this Hilton Property. Close to some great restaurants, SeaTac airport and shopping at the Mall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter

Address: 16500 Southcenter Pkwy., Tukwila, WA 98188-3388
Location: United States > Washington > Tukwila
#1 Green Hotel in Tukwila
#4 Business Hotel in Tukwila
#4 Family Hotel in Tukwila
#7 Romantic Hotel in Tukwila
Hotel Class:3 star — DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter 3*
Enjoy your stay at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport – Southcenter, located only three miles from Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA), just south of the I-5 and I-405 intersection. Use the complimentary hotel airport shuttle bus service and ample parking facilities. You’ll receive a warm welcome to this Seattle airport hotel with a signature chocolate chip cookie and enjoy a wide range of amenities like high-speed internet access. The Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport – Southcenter is conveniently situated for access to Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue and the Port of Seattle. If you’re a business traveler, you’ll enjoy the proximity to major Pacific Northwest industries and corporations like Boeing facilities, Alteon, Microsoft, Weyerhaeuser and Starbucks. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Hotel Seattle Southcenter

If you own or manage DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.