“High School 50th Reunion” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16500 Southcenter Pkwy., Tukwila, WA 98188-3388   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #3 of 17 hotels in Tukwila
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington
“High School 50th Reunion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

A great place to stay: close to freeways, airport, and all manner of shopping, theaters, and great restaurants. Free parking for guests, free shuttle to/from the airport and to the light rail a mile away. We didn't take advantage of the Spa or pool but the services are offered. They have signature free cookies that will impress the kids.The rooms are large and very comfortable. Lots of room for families. It is an atrium hotel and has lots of light. We had a large event there and the staff could not have been more cooperative and friendly.

Room Tip: Not sure, our room faced west and we didn't notice any undue noise. Perhaps, facing east would b...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

483 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

If your looking for a place close to the City and close to the Airport with large rooms and comfortable furniture, than this is the place. The location is great and there are restaurants everywhere as well as a huge mall next door. We stayed three nights and it was great!
I rated the spa poorly because it was broken the whole time we were there even though we were offered to use the one at their other property.
The staff was great and the food in the restaurant and room service was hot and tasty. The bathrooms are a bit dated but overall the is a 4 star property.

Room Tip: The corner suites are larger and have loads of extra space.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed here one night after arriving very late at SEATAC. The hotel was pretty dead when I arrived, but the desk attendant was helpful and friendly. Room was clean. Breakfast buffet was OK -- not spectacular by any means, but there was nothing to complain about, and the price was certainly right. Shuttle back to SEATAC leaves at specific times with a half-hour gap, so don't miss yours. If I'm looking for something to complain about, all I've got is that if you arrive quite late, when the hotel restaurant is closed, your only food option is to hike across a busy 6-lane road to the drive-thru at the McDonalds. But that's really looking for something to find fault with. Overall, I'd stay here again if I was passing through the airport. However, it's not very convenient for visiting the city itself.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Big Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed here for a one night layover, we arrived at the airport about 2 pm (Seattle time), and with a simple phone call from the provided airport hotel pickup area phone (all hotels are listed with a simple free call) we were promptly picked up (4 adults, 2 children under 4). The hotel is only 10 minutes fromt he airport, and the shuttle runs constantly back and forth for free. We used the shuttle, once checked in, back to the airport to catch the very cheap light rail downtown to Pikes Place Market and surrounding attractions (waterfront, stadiums, etc) and back to the airport for easy hotel shuttle pick up! So easy and and accessible! The hotel itself is also quite nice. The staff is so welcoming, friendly and informative. I truely felt like they really cared about our stay. The warm cookies are a bonus, and they made them available at anytime!! The fitness facilities were as good as I have ever seen in a hotel and the pool was nice. We didn't use the bar/resteraunt as it was quite spendy. The rooms were very nice (we packed 4 adults and 2 children in a one bedroom with living room suite), my parents slept on the pullout, my 3 year old on a second double bed, my 2 year old in a provided crib and my wife and I in a very comforable double as well. Not ideal for an extended stay, but just fine for a one night layover. All in all, a great place for convienence to the airport and light rail to get you downtown with exceptional service, ammenities and nice rooms. Would stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Webster, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel was excellent. It suited our purpose in Seattle wonderfully. The only bad thing that happened with this hotel, there was no courtesy shuttle when we arrived. The manager at the front desk quickly took care of the taxis from the airport to the hotel. The warm cookies waiting for you at the front desk are a nice treat!!!! Fernando the courtesy shuttle driver was a great help with us wanting directions to Pike's market and the space needle. He gave us a great way to get around quite easily. If ever you want a great place to stay in Seattle, you will not be wrong with choosing the Doubletree at Southcenter.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

A two-night stay earlier this week....

After a misconnect, arrived at Seatac at 12:45 a.m. Called the hotel (which I had called earlier simply to ask -- and received an affirmative answer -- "Do you have a 24 hour shuttle?") for shuttle. Was told to get a cab and have driver come in and hotel would pay. Cab driver was NOT happy. Not at all. He expressed his displeasure quite vocally. While I don't blame him, it was a little unnerving....

Was upgraded to a nice (and big!) corner king suite. No complaints. The toilet/tub/shower room could use some updating, though.

Breakfast on the first morning (Labor Day) was a zoo. Reminded of the worst of the Embassy Suites cattle-car breakfasts. Lots of what looked like high school sports teams. Staff seemed unprepared for the onslaught (although I wonder why that is? Surely the hotel knows about occupancy and could have extra staff on such mornings?)

Second morning was nice and peaceful and quiet at breakfast with cordial and helpful staff.

Very good selection both mornings, although the, as so often the case at hotels, too many melons passing for fruit. (I guess they're cheap). Excellent selection of hot items.

Shuttle to airport quick was quick and the driver courteous.

Will definitely stay again (and, in fact, have another reservation later this month), particularly for the rate.

Very nearby lots of walkable interesting places to eat. And the small but lovely Tukwila Pond is immediately adjacent. You'd never know you were in the middle of major exurbia. And you can learn some things about wetlands

Almost forgot. The seafood pasta from room service is incredible, simply incredible.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ketchikan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I really expect more from a Hilton property.
Pros:
This hotel only exists because of its convenience to Southcenter (there are only 2 within walking distance and this is the closest). We stayed here so my teenagers could walk over to Southcenter and shop on their own without me having to follow them around. We paid an extra $80 a night for this convenience.
Staff service was good.
Cons:
Beds - I expected the typical comfortable Hilton bed but we had old beds that you could hear the springs when you got up. Hard as a rock and very uncomfortable.
Noise level. The walls are paper thin if you stand next to the pocket door you can hear every word of the conversation next door. In our case a screaming baby and a large Asian family who spent every waking moment fighting and screaming at each other. Fortunately we didn't understand the language so no need for damage control with the kids.
The room wasn't as clean as I'd like. The coffee maker still had grounds from the last person and my socks were dirty from the carpet.
The hotel and rooms are very old and dated. I don't mind old but when everything is worn out or not functional it is unacceptable.
The living room furniture were very uncomfortable. Even just for having coffee and reading the paper in the morning.
No microwave, sorry but I think at this price and for a suite it should be standard.
Paying for internet, really? In this day and age? $10 per day.
No dresser. I like to unpack my clothing but there was no dresser, Just a table for the television. The TV was a flat screen but very small.
Food - pass on the restaurant. Cold, boring, hotel food.
Towels - when you pre-book and list you are a family of four there should be four towels.
The pool is too small for laps and the hot tub was broken during our visit (all four days).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jim D, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
I just read your review about your stay at The DoubleTree by Hilton Seattle Airport - Southcenter and I wanted to offer an apology to you that your room and dining experience did not live up to our standards and your expectations. I would ask that you give us a chance to show you that this issue was an exception to our high standards of quality.

I will be using your review in our upcoming training meeting with our Housekeeping and restaurant staff in an effort to ensure that other guest's do not have the same issue.

Please feel free to call my direct line at the Hotel at 206-777-3397 so that we can discuss this and hopefully you will give us another opportunity to show you that we do care about our property, our reputation and most importantly our customers.

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter

Address: 16500 Southcenter Pkwy., Tukwila, WA 98188-3388
Location: United States > Washington > Tukwila
#1 Green Hotel in Tukwila
#2 Family Hotel in Tukwila
#3 Business Hotel in Tukwila
#5 Romantic Hotel in Tukwila
Hotel Class:3 star — DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter 3*
Enjoy your stay at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport – Southcenter, located only three miles from Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA), just south of the I-5 and I-405 intersection. Use the complimentary hotel airport shuttle bus service and ample parking facilities. You’ll receive a warm welcome to this Seattle airport hotel with a signature chocolate chip cookie and enjoy a wide range of amenities like high-speed internet access. The Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport – Southcenter is conveniently situated for access to Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue and the Port of Seattle. If you’re a business traveler, you’ll enjoy the proximity to major Pacific Northwest industries and corporations like Boeing facilities, Alteon, Microsoft, Weyerhaeuser and Starbucks. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Hotel Seattle Southcenter

If you own or manage DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.